Taking The Edge Off Exam Stress
I always get myself so freaked out over finals that I’m a complete wreck! Do you have any advice to prevent stress before finals?
I pretty much get worked up over finals no matter what, but here are a few tips for taking the edge off exam stress:
Make a list or schedule, and stick to it.
If you know exactly what you have to do and when, you’ll feel a lot more in control before finals. It’ll also help you prevent stress by avoiding the “Oh, no, I forgot about my history exam!” syndrome.
Get enough sleep.
You’ve heard it before so it’s probably annoying, but I’m saying it anyway. I’ve taken finals after studying all night -- and even done well on them. But you can prevent stress by losing the habit of last-minute cramming -- it just isn’t worth it.
Avoid the library if you absorb the tension of those around you.
My campus library radiates stress vibes during finals week, and it can be distracting. Study in your room -- or at the very least, in secret corners of the library.
Chilling for an hour to watch TV or grab a snack will help prevent stress before finals by helping you feel more relaxed. One professor told me you should study in 45-minute segments with 15-minute breaks to fully absorb what you’re studying.
Don’t get double-booked.
If you have finals on top of one another, some schools will let you reschedule one or two of them. Go to the Dean of Students Office and request permission to move a final exam. At my school, it’s only allowed under certain circumstances. But if you’re really not handling the pressure and you really want to prevent stress before finals, try it.
- 5 Social Media Tools for College Students
- 5 Do's and Don'ts for College Students Using Social Media
- Guide to Great Educational Websites for Kids
- Student-tested Tips to Ace Your Final Exams
- Taking The Edge Off Exam Stress
- Steps to Relief From Federal Student Loans
- Study Skills - Staying Motivated to Study
- Smooth Moves to Make Studying More Comfortable
- 10 Cool Gadget Gifts for Grads
- Dear Commencement Speaker: Inspire Me
- As College Decision Day Looms, Schools Say: Pick Me
- 11 Steps to Raise Last-Minute Cash for College
- 6 Steps to Reducing Your Student Loan Costs
- It's Not Too Late to Apply for Scholarships
- New Hope for Debtors Struggling With Student Loans
- School Competition Restores Hope
- A Lean Mean Stay-fit Exercise Routine
- Inside Scoop on Working in Study Groups
- Extreme Environmentalism
- So You Want to Transfer
- Protect Yourself From Crime on Campus
- A Word for the Rejects
- Business Schools' Great Ethics Debate
- Jobs With Great Return on Investment
- Colleges Go Green for Earth Day
- Maximizing an Online Education
- Student Loan Crunch May Be Easing
- Internships Near Necessity in Quest to Find Job in Today's Market
- You Can Work Your Way Through 11 Grad Degrees
- Turn Education Into New Job: Short-term Routes Lead to Career Growth
- Snag Your Dream Internship
- Getting Into Graduate School Made Tougher by Recession
- Five Minority School Districts In Running for Broad Prize
- How to Pick the Best College for You and Your Wallet
- 8 Big Mistakes Online Students Make
- Online Certificate Programs Offer Fast Track to New Career
- No Child Left Behind & Reform Killing Public Education
- Big Changes Coming to Student Loans
- Smart Ways to Live Cheaper on Campus
- YouTube the New Essay in College Applications
- Colleges Where Need for Aid Can Hurt Admission Odds
- High School Senior's Advice on Picking Right College
- 7 Steps to Find a Great Affordable College
- Do Colleges Prefer Rich Applicants
- How to Pick the 'Right' College
- Latin America Leads in School Laptops
- NCAA Men's Basketball Graduation Rate Disparity Between Races Grows
- NCAA March Madness & Diploma Sadness
- Organize Your Study Space
- Cleaner Greener College Living
- You're In! And Here's a Free T-Shirt
- Don't Know Much About History and Don't Wanna
- Why College Students Cheat
- Fraternities & Sororities: Going, Going ... Greek?
- Bad Habits That Destroy Your GPA
- How to Avoid Expensive Financial Aid Mistakes
- Alternative Spring Breaks Combine Service & Learning
- How to Relax and Ace Your College Midterms
- Making Majors out of Math Skills
- The Three-year College Degree
- Recession-safe Majors
Copyright © 2010 Studio One Networks. All rights reserved.