New York, NY
In what appears to be a new business strategy, Apple has lowered prices on its computers. The Cupertino-based company is now offering the 13-inch MacBook Pro with retina display and 128 GB of flash storage for $1,499 -- a $100 discount. Another model of the 13-inch MacBook with 2.6 gigahertz and 256 GB flash storage will cost $1,699 -- considerably cheaper than previous price offerings.
"The 15-inch MacBook Pro with a retina display now has a faster 2.4 gigahertz quad-core processor, while a version with more features comes with 2.7 gigahertz and 16 gigabytes of memory.
"Apple also said it will sell a 13-inch MacBook Air with 256 gigabytes of flash for $1,399, a $100 discount off the price the company announced in June," Apple said, according to Bloomberg News.
With declining PC shipments, Apple recognizes the importance of making its products more attractive to consumers. Worldwide PC shipments dropped by 3.2 percent from last year. Struggling PC sales have slowed because of strong smartphone and tablet sales.
This year, Apple's shares are down. Contrary, on the Standard & Poor's 500 Index Apple's shares have advanced by 6.6 percent.
- Cloud Computing: Cost, Efficiency and Security
- The Internet Racket
- The Cell Phone Turns 40
- Tablets to Overtake Smartphones as Most Used Mobile Device for Browsing
- Smartphone and tablet users watch more movies on average
- Bill Gates Talks Tech and Philanthropy
- Yahoo Shuts Down Several Projects
- Pinterest Could Soon be Second Most Used Social Network
- Do You Take This Smartphone for Better or Worse?
- Microsoft experiences cyberattack; employee computers affected
- Android targeted by malware and cybercriminals
- Google's Project Glass to become more stylish
- HP Shifting from PC Manufacturing to Tablets
- Microsoft Windows Blue to have added search functionality
- Google Fears Samsung's Android OS dominance
- Apple iWatch Could Be Unveiled This Year
- Galaxy S4 Rumors Continue to Dominate Smartphone News
- Smartphones to Finally Outnumber Feature Phones this Year
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 to go head-to-head against iPad Mini
- The Death of Depth
- Future Smart Devices Will Extend Our Senses
- Google Offers Virtual Hike Through the Grand Canyon
- Facebook Fasting
- Facebook 'Unfriending' Triggers Real-life Consequences
- Report Highlights Economic Threat of Hacking
- Twitter Hit by Cyber Attack
- Best New Tech For Moms At The Consumer Electronics Show
- CES 2013 Tech Gadgets
- Will Robots Steal Your Job?
- Top Tech at CES 2013
- Wearable Tech Takes CES 2013 by Storm
- Web Gadgets in United States Outnumber Americans
(c) 2013 AHN - All Rights Reserved, "Apple Offers Cheaper MacBooks"