Manchester City remained in control of the English Premier League with a 2-0 victory over Bolton.
Gretar Rafn Steinsson's own goal gave City an early lead and Mario Balotelli doubled the advantage in the 69th minute.
City remains perfect at home and is in first place with 66 points with 11 games remaining. Second-place Manchester United can stay within two points with a win at third-place Tottenham.
Robin van Persie scored two goals to lift Arsenal to a 2-1 victory over Liverpool at Anfield.
Dirk Kuyt missed a penalty Liverpool, which took a 1-0 lead on an own goal by Laurent Koscielny.
Van Persie netted the equalizer before the half and struck for the game winner in stoppage time for his 31st goal of the season.
Chelsea lost 1-0 at West Bromwich Albion, a defeat that is a big blow to their Champions League hopes.
Defender Gareth McAuley scored with eight minutes to go to give the Baggies their third straight win. Chelsea falls three points behind fourth-place Arsenal with 11 games left.
- Athletic Bilbao Boots Out Manchester United
- Everton and Sunderland Battle to Draw in FA Cup Match
- Lionel Messi Makes Champions League History
- Manchester City Stays on Top of Premier League
- Reyna and Meola Elected to National Soccer HOF
- Liverpool and Stoke move on in FA Cup
- Rooney Scores Twice as Man U Edges Liverpool
- England Soccer Coach Fabio Capello Quits
- Fans of Rival Soccer Teams Clash in Egypt, 73 Killed
- Obertan Scores in Stoppage Time, Newcastle downs Blackburn
- Hernandez, Berbatov's Goals Steer Man United Past Stoke City
Copyright © 2012 AHN - All Rights Reserved