Florida Gulf Coast Coach Enfield Denies Having Vast Wealth
NCAA College Basketball
Fort Myers, FL
Florida Gulf Coast University coach Andy Enfield denied having vast wealth after it was reported that he was a co-founder of health care business information firm TractManager.
"I still have to work," Enfield, who makes $157,000 at FGCU, told ESPN's Tom Rinaldi.
Several publications reported that Enfield was a co-founder of TractManager and that the company was worth $100 million.
However, Enfield did not reveal how much money he has made off the company or how much he has invested.
When reports about Enfield circulated, TractManager founder Tom Rizk, said he started to get calls.
"I have no idea where that $100 million number came from," Rizk said. "It didn't come from our organization."
Rizk volunteered that the private company is worth more than that, while also confirming that Enfield's piece of the business "makes up a small percentage."
"He was part of our company, he made a modest investment, he cashed out some of his stake and he still retains a small piece," said Rizk of Enfield.
Rizk said Enfield was among the first group of employees, working as vice president of finance, but was not a founding partner.
"But, at least by my definition, he is not independently wealthy," Rizk said, adding that he doesn't believe that Enfield has a hand in the inaccurate portrayal of his financial situation.
"When a story spirals like it did, it's not easy for someone who isn't experienced in this world to correct those things," Rizk added.
Rizk said he met Enfield after his son Geoff attended the coach's basketball camp.
FGCU is currently making waves in the NCAA Tournament, making it to the Sweet 16 after beating Georgetown and San Diego State.
The Eagles, who became the first 15th seed in NCAA history to reach the Sweet 16, will take on No. 3 Florida.
Florida Gulf Coast University head basketball coach Andy Enfield spoke to Jim Axelrod about his team, the Eagles, and how he thinks they'll perform during March Madness
Florida Gulf Coast University coach on reaching Sweet 16
- Rutgers Negotiating Eddie Jordan for Head Coaching Vacancy
- Yale Wins First NCAA National Hockey Title
- Michigan Survives Late Syracuse Rally
- Hancock and Smith Shine as Louisville Advances to NCAA Title Game
- Rutgers President Under Scrutiny for Handling of Ex-Basketball Coach
- Richard Pitino to Coach Minnesota Golden Gophers
- Louisville Guard Kevin Ware Undergoes Successful Leg Surgery
- Louisville Blows by Duke to Second Straight Final Four Appearance
- Nik Stauskas Lifts Michigan to Final Four for First Time in 20 Years
- Wichita State Shocks Ohio State, Dances into Final Four
- Syracuse Shuts Down Marquette, 55-39
- UCLA Hires Coach Steve Alford Away from New Mexico
- Florida Ends Florida Gulf Coasts's Cinderella Run
- Florida Outhustles Florida Gulf Coast
- Russ Smith Scores 31 as Louisville Ousts Oregon
- Michigan Caps Comeback with OT Victory over Kansas
- Seth Curry Leads Duke Past Michigan State
- Basketball Head Coach Brad Stevens Staying at Butler
- UCLA Said to be Targeting Butler Coach Brad Stevens
- Michael Carter-Williams Stars as Syracuse Upsets Top Seed Indiana
- LaQuinton Ross Trey Lifts Ohio State Past Arizona, into Elite Eight
- Marquette Dominates Miami in Sweet 16
- Wichita State Cruises Past La Salle
- Florida Gulf Coast Trying to Stay Focused
- Sweet 16 Preview: Florida Gulf Coast vs. Florida
- Sweet 16 Preview: Michigan St vs. Duke
- Sweet 16 Preview: Syracuse vs. Indiana
- Sweet 16 Preview: Oregon vs. Louisville
- Sweet 16 Preview: La Salle vs. Wichita State
- Sweet 16 Preview: Michigan vs. Kansas
- Shaka Smart Agrees to Stay at VCU until 2023
- Notre Dame Losses All Four 2012 Class Players
- Northwestern Close to Head Coaching Deal with Chris Collins
- Sweet 16: Miami Big-man Reggie Johnson to Miss Marquette game
- Florida Gulf Coast Coach Enfield Denies Having Vast Wealth
- Cowboys Stadium to Host 2015 BCS Football Title Game
- 2013 NCAA Tournament Photo Reflections
- Hoops Hysteria: Florida - FGCU Preview
- Hoops Hysteria: Kansas - Michigan Sweet 16 Preview
- Hoops Hysteria: Ohio St - Arizona Sweet 16 Preview
- Hoops Hysteria: Hurricanes Alive in the East
- Hoops Hysteria: La Salle in Sweet 16
- Minnesota Fires Basketball Coach Tubby Smith
- Sulaimon, Curry Power No. 2 Duke Past Creighton, into Sweet 16
- Indiana Holds Off Temple to Reach Sweet 16
- Releford and Withey Power Kansas Past North Carolina
- Craft's Clutch Trey Lifts Ohio State over Iowa State
- Miami Survives, Holds Off Illinois 63-59
- Florida Gulf Coast Eagles Advance to Sweet 16
- La Salle Edges Ole Miss 76-74; Advance to Sweet 16
- Gators Advance to Third Consecutive Sweet 16; Beat Gophers 78-64
- Appalachian State makes move to Sun Belt Conference
- Baker and Early Help Wichita State Eliminate Top Seed Gonzaga
- Marquette Edges Butler to Advance to Sweet 16
- Syracuse Survives Second-half Drought to Beat Cal
- Arizona Routs Harvard to Reach Sweet 16
- Russ Smith Sizzles as Louisville Crushes Colorado State
- Oregon Blows By Saint Louis 74-57
- Michigan Blasts VCU for Sweet 16 Berth
- Harris and Payne Key Michigan State Win over Memphis
Copyright © 2013 AHN - All Rights Reserved