Spiff up Your Space
Girl World Daily
Is your bedroom a disaster area? Or just a tad cluttered?
Either way, you’ll feel tons better once it’s tidied up. Crank up the music to get yourself pumped!
In the Trash
OK, first the obvious: empty soda cans, wads of tissue, half-eaten, petrified peanut-butter sandwiches -- in the garbage. Next, carry all dishes, silverware and cups to the kitchen sink. Then chuck dirty clothes in a hamper or laundry basket.
Brace yourself: Here comes the hard part. Time to say buh-bye to stuff you no longer use.
Blow a farewell kiss to the pile of faded polka dot headbands you haven’t worn since pre-K. That cheap bracelet with the broken clasp? The cluster of dried-up markers? Your Dora the Explorer poster? Kiss, kiss, kiss.
If you have things in decent condition that you’ve outgrown, put them in a box for donation. Uh-oh, getting sentimental? Read on.…
What to Stash
You can’t squeeze into that teeny, tiny T-shirt from your first year at day camp, but it just holds so many memories and you don’t want to part with it….Get a box or bin to store items to which you have an emotional attachment and pack ’em away in a closet.
As for all your belongings that you currently use, two words: Get organized.
The best way to attack it is to put similar items together. Group stuffed animals into one corner. Put all books on a shelf. Line your shoes along the closet floor. Toss hair accessories into a basket.…you get the picture.
In a Flash
Almost done, hang in there. Grab a rag and give a good swipe to all exposed dusty surfaces -- the top of a dresser, your desk, the bedside table. Then get the vacuum cleaner and give your floor a clean sweep. (Yes, your parents might pass out when they hear it whir, so be prepared.)
And we saved the best for last:
Make your bed by smoothing out the sheets, pulling up the comforter and fluffing your pillows. Whew! Tired yet? So fall back onto your mattress and crash!
Available at Amazon.com:
- The Flexible Guest House: Adding On by Adding Out
- How to Design a Kitchen Island
- How to Hang Your Flat Screen TV
- How to Slash Your Electricity Bill This Summer
- 5 Easy Ways to Green Your Home
- Mixed Metals in Bathroom: How to Work with Different Finishes
- Spiff up Your Space
- Be a Clean Freak for Less
- The 10-minute Speed Clean
- The House Cleaning Cheat Sheet
- Filling the Memory Bank
- Consider the Humble Rocker
- Attracting Hummingbirds to Your Garden
- The Stress-free, Low-cost Party Planner
- Take Your Parties Outside
- Easy Home-value Boosters
- Grow Salads All Through Winter with Microgreens
- In Praise of Good Old Garden Tools and a Few New Ones
- Jumpstarting the Garden
- Green Thumb 101: Propagating Houseplants with Clippings
Copyright © 2010 Studio One Networks. All rights reserved.