Roy Hibbert Stars as Pacers Down Heat in Game 4
NBA Playoffs 2013
The Indiana Pacers outscored the Miami Heat, 13-3, in the last 5:13 en route to a 99-92 victory in Game 4, tying the best-of-seven Eastern Conference final at 2-2 at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
The Heat were leading by 89-86 when the Pacers launched an 8-0 run, sparked by five straight points from Roy Hibbert to take a 94-89 advantage.
LeBron James buried a triple to stop the run but Lance Stephenson made an eight-foot jumper while George Hill and Paul George sank three foul shots to seal the victory.
Hibbert finished with 23 points and 12 boards, leading four other starters in double digits for the Pacers, who opened the game with an 11-0 run.
Stephenson scored 20 points on 9-for-15 shooting, Hill added 19 points, David West had 14 and George tallied 12 for the Pacers, who made 35 of 70 shots for 50 percent.
West also grabbed 12 boards as the Pacers outrebounded (49-30), and outscored (50-32) the Heat in the shaded lane.
James scored 24 points before he fouled out with 56 seconds left in the game, Mario Chalmers added 20, Dwyane Wade had 16 and Ray Allen chipped in 11 for the Heat, who shot just 39 percent from the floor.
Chris Bosh was limited to just seven points on 1-for-6 shooting while reserve center Chris Andersen, who provided the energy in the Heat's two wins, was held scoreless in 19 minutes of action.
Hill scored seven points as the Pacers unleashed an 11-0 opening blast but the Heat kept their composure, taking a 17-16 lead with 2:47 remaining in the first period.
However, the Pacers scored five straight points to wrest a 20-17 lead before finishing the opening quarter with a 26-22 advantage.
In the fourth, Ian Mahinmi hit a short jumper and Hibbert buried a basket to give the Pacers an 81-72 cushion but the resilient Heat took an 89-86 lead behind a triple by Allen.
Roy Hibbert hurts Heat in Game 4
- Rockets Land Free-Agent Center Dwight Howard
- Warriors Obtain Andre Iguodala after Losing out on Dwight Howard
- Spurs Sign Marco Belinelli, Set to Lose Gary Neal to Free Agency
- Kings Trade Tyreke Evans to Pelicans in Three-Team Deal
- Standout Sixth-man J.R. Smith to Stay with Knicks
- Al Jefferson Agrees to Three-Year deal with Bobcats
- Butler's Brad Stevens Debuts in NBA as Celtics Head Coach
- Eric Bledsoe goes to Suns, J.J. Redick to Clippers in 3-team trade
- Raptors Forward Andrea Bargnani Headed to Knicks
- Raptors Express Interest in Clippers guard Eric Bledsoe
- Bernie Bickerstaff joins Cavs as assistant coach
- Heat's Ray Allen exercises $3.2-M player option
- Nets Acquire Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce from Celtics in Blockbuster
- Cavs Take Canadian Anthony Bennett with Top NBA 2013 Draft Pick
- NBA Champion Heat to bring back Mario Chalmers, Mike Miller
- Doc Rivers Gets Fresh Start as Clippers Coach
- Jazz Owner Shares Notes on Jerry Sloan - Deron Wlliams Dispute
- Nuggets Give Brian Shaw his First NBA Head Coaching Gig
- Grizzlies Promote Assistant Dave Joerger as Head Coach
- Heat celebrate second straight NBA title with parade
- Clippers Finally Lure coach Doc Rivers from Celtics
- Heat 2-1 Favorites to Three-Peat Next Season
- Kobe Bryant persuading Dwight Howard to stay with Lakers
- LeBron James leads Heat to second straight NBA title
- LeBron James, Ray Allen star as Heat force Game 7
- Kobe Bryant Hopes to Surpass Michael Jordan's Six NBA Championships
- Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili shine as Spurs take Game 5
- Nuggets Name Tim Connelly New General Manager
- Trade Doctoring: Clips Keep Eric Bledsoe Out of Deal with Celtics
- Spurs Veteran Manu Ginobili Ponders Retirement
- LeBron James, Dwyane Wade Star as Heat Win Game 4
- Nets Hire Jason Kidd over Brian Shaw as Coach
- Danny Green, Gary Neal Star as Spurs take Game 3
- Pistons Hire Maurice Cheeks as Head Coach
- Kobe Bryant Memorabilia Issue Ironed Out
- Heat Pull Away in Second Half, Rout Spurs in Game 2
- Dennis Rodman Paints Unflattering Portrait of LeBron
- Drop the Act: NBA to Increase Flopping Fines
- Tony Parker Powers Spurs Past Heat in Game 1
- Nuggets Part Ways with Coach George Karl
- Kobe will Make Effort to Keep Dwight Howard with Lakers
- Jason Kidd Retires after 19 NBA seasons
- Grizzlies Allow Coach Lionel Hollins to Talk to Other Teams
- Grant Hill Retires after 19 NBA Seasons
- Pacers Center Roy Hibbert Faces Hefty Fine for Homosexual Slur
- GM Masai Ujiri Chooses Raptors over Nuggets
- Larry Drew Shifts Coaching Job from Hawks to Bucks
- Chris Paul Mad at Clippers for Blaming Him for Coach's Firing
- Ex-Warriors Assistant Mike Malone to Coach Kings
- Who Would the Spurs Rather Face in NBA Finals?
- ESPN's Jalen Rose Ranks Tony Parker Third-Best Player in NBA
- Roy Hibbert Stars as Pacers Down Heat in Game 4
- NBA Title Worth Millions for Winning Team
- Tony Parker Carries Spurs Past Grizzlies into 2013 NBA Finals
- Bobcats Hire Steve Clifford as Head Coach
- Hawks Hire Spurs Assistant Mike Budenholzer as Head Coach
- Miami Heat Pull Away Early, Take Game 3
- Tim Duncan Shines as Spurs Take 3-0 Lead over Grizzlies
- George Hill Foul Shots Lift Pacers Past Heat in Game 2
- Spurs Topple Warriors, Advance to NBA West Finals
- Carmelo Anthony Shines with 28 points as Knicks Stay Alive
- Dirk Nowitzki Willing to Take Pay Cut to Give Mavs Salary-Cap Room
- Staying in Sacramento: NBA Owners Reject Kings Move to Seattle
- Defense and Rebounding Lift Pacers to 3-1 Series Lead Over Knicks
- Heat Bump Off Bulls, Advance to East Finals
- NBA Fines Chicago Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau for Postgame Comments
Copyright © 2013 AHN - All Rights Reserved