Miami Heat Pull Away Early, Take Game 3
NBA Playoffs 2013
LeBron James scored 18 of his 22 points in the first half to help the Miami Heat break away early en route to a 114-96 win over the Indiana Pacers in Game 3 of the Eastern Conference final at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
The Heat shot an astounding 27-for-43 (62.8 percent) from the field to take a 70-56 lead at the break and never looked back for a 2-1 lead in the best-of-seven series.
The Heat drew double-digit scoring from all of their starters, with Dwyane Wade backing up James with 18 points. Udonis Haslem added 17 points, Chris Bosh had 15 while Mario Chalmers scored 14 for the Heat.
Chris Andersen provided the spark off the bench for the Heat, scoring nine points and grabbing nine boards with two blocks in 22 minutes of play.
Overall, the Heat made 42 of 77 attempts from the floor for 54.5 percent and 24 for 28 from the foul line.
David West tallied 21 points and 10 boards while Roy Hibbert had 20 points and 17 caroms for the Pacers, who shot just 29-for-72 overall for 39.7 percent.
George Hill added19 points while Paul George had 13 on 3-for-10 shooting but the Pacers lacked support from their bench players, who contributed just 16 points compared to the Heat's 28.
The Pacers outrebounded the Heat, 45-36, but were plagued by 10 turnovers and poor shooting from the charity stripe, where they shot just 30-for-44 for 68.2 percent compared to the Heat's 24-for-28 stint.
The Pacers kept the game close, trailing by just 34-30, after the first period but back-to-back baskets by James put the Heat ahead by 59-47 with three minutes remaining in the first half.
The Pacers trimmed the gap to 10 points thrice but Ray Allen buried a triple and James added a 13-foot jumper for a 70-56 lead at the break.
Miami Heat Pull Away Early, Take Game 3
- Rockets Land Free-Agent Center Dwight Howard
- Warriors Obtain Andre Iguodala after Losing out on Dwight Howard
- Spurs Sign Marco Belinelli, Set to Lose Gary Neal to Free Agency
- Kings Trade Tyreke Evans to Pelicans in Three-Team Deal
- Standout Sixth-man J.R. Smith to Stay with Knicks
- Al Jefferson Agrees to Three-Year deal with Bobcats
- Butler's Brad Stevens Debuts in NBA as Celtics Head Coach
- Eric Bledsoe goes to Suns, J.J. Redick to Clippers in 3-team trade
- Raptors Forward Andrea Bargnani Headed to Knicks
- Raptors Express Interest in Clippers guard Eric Bledsoe
- Bernie Bickerstaff joins Cavs as assistant coach
- Heat's Ray Allen exercises $3.2-M player option
- Nets Acquire Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce from Celtics in Blockbuster
- Cavs Take Canadian Anthony Bennett with Top NBA 2013 Draft Pick
- NBA Champion Heat to bring back Mario Chalmers, Mike Miller
- Doc Rivers Gets Fresh Start as Clippers Coach
- Jazz Owner Shares Notes on Jerry Sloan - Deron Wlliams Dispute
- Nuggets Give Brian Shaw his First NBA Head Coaching Gig
- Grizzlies Promote Assistant Dave Joerger as Head Coach
- Heat celebrate second straight NBA title with parade
- Clippers Finally Lure coach Doc Rivers from Celtics
- Heat 2-1 Favorites to Three-Peat Next Season
- Kobe Bryant persuading Dwight Howard to stay with Lakers
- LeBron James leads Heat to second straight NBA title
- LeBron James, Ray Allen star as Heat force Game 7
- Kobe Bryant Hopes to Surpass Michael Jordan's Six NBA Championships
- Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili shine as Spurs take Game 5
- Nuggets Name Tim Connelly New General Manager
- Trade Doctoring: Clips Keep Eric Bledsoe Out of Deal with Celtics
- Spurs Veteran Manu Ginobili Ponders Retirement
- LeBron James, Dwyane Wade Star as Heat Win Game 4
- Nets Hire Jason Kidd over Brian Shaw as Coach
- Danny Green, Gary Neal Star as Spurs take Game 3
- Pistons Hire Maurice Cheeks as Head Coach
- Kobe Bryant Memorabilia Issue Ironed Out
- Heat Pull Away in Second Half, Rout Spurs in Game 2
- Dennis Rodman Paints Unflattering Portrait of LeBron
- Drop the Act: NBA to Increase Flopping Fines
- Tony Parker Powers Spurs Past Heat in Game 1
- Nuggets Part Ways with Coach George Karl
- Kobe will Make Effort to Keep Dwight Howard with Lakers
- Jason Kidd Retires after 19 NBA seasons
- Grizzlies Allow Coach Lionel Hollins to Talk to Other Teams
- Grant Hill Retires after 19 NBA Seasons
- Pacers Center Roy Hibbert Faces Hefty Fine for Homosexual Slur
- GM Masai Ujiri Chooses Raptors over Nuggets
- Larry Drew Shifts Coaching Job from Hawks to Bucks
- Chris Paul Mad at Clippers for Blaming Him for Coach's Firing
- Ex-Warriors Assistant Mike Malone to Coach Kings
- Who Would the Spurs Rather Face in NBA Finals?
- ESPN's Jalen Rose Ranks Tony Parker Third-Best Player in NBA
- Roy Hibbert Stars as Pacers Down Heat in Game 4
- NBA Title Worth Millions for Winning Team
- Tony Parker Carries Spurs Past Grizzlies into 2013 NBA Finals
- Bobcats Hire Steve Clifford as Head Coach
- Hawks Hire Spurs Assistant Mike Budenholzer as Head Coach
- Miami Heat Pull Away Early, Take Game 3
- Tim Duncan Shines as Spurs Take 3-0 Lead over Grizzlies
- George Hill Foul Shots Lift Pacers Past Heat in Game 2
- Spurs Topple Warriors, Advance to NBA West Finals
- Carmelo Anthony Shines with 28 points as Knicks Stay Alive
- Dirk Nowitzki Willing to Take Pay Cut to Give Mavs Salary-Cap Room
- Staying in Sacramento: NBA Owners Reject Kings Move to Seattle
- Defense and Rebounding Lift Pacers to 3-1 Series Lead Over Knicks
- Heat Bump Off Bulls, Advance to East Finals
- NBA Fines Chicago Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau for Postgame Comments
Copyright © 2013 AHN - All Rights Reserved