Diane Rossen Worthington
What could be better than a healthy, colorful breakfast that takes just minutes to throw together?
The author recommends Greek yogurt, which has become widely available in
The parfaits may be assembled and refrigerated up to two hours in advance. However, if you like your granola crunchy, you should assemble them right before serving.
If you are having a big group you can set out the ingredients on a table and have your guests assemble their own parfaits.
Help is on the Way:
--Use low-fat yogurt for a lighter version.
--Use a high-quality granola with lots of toasted grains and nuts.
--Use blackberries or raspberries instead of blueberries -- or mix all three berries.
--Use dried cranberries instead of the cherries.
Makes 8 servings
2 pints fresh blueberries
8 cups Greek whole-milk yogurt
1 1/2 to 2 cups granola
8 tablespoons dried, tart cherries
8 tablespoons honey
Spoon a few blueberries into the bottoms of 8 parfait glasses or tumblers.
Spoon 1/2 cup of yogurt into each glass and sprinkle some granola and a few dried cherries over the yogurt.
Add more yogurt to each glass and top with more blueberries, a drizzle of honey, and an additional sprinkle of granola.
- Minestrone Soup with Lentils And Brown Rice
- Creamy Champagne Sabayon (Zabaglione) Dessert
- Grilled Cheese Sandwiches with Zesty Cranberry Applesauce
- Tandoori Fish with Mango and Baby Spinach Salad
- Pan Broiled Lamb Chops
- Grilled Entrecote with Mushroom Ragout
- Creamy Tender White Beans
- Baked Eggnog French Toast with Apples and Apricots
- Spicy Hot Chocolate
- The New Green Diet: Good for You Good for the Planet
Yogurt Parfaits: A Healthy Stylish Breakfast - Diane Rossen Worthington Recipes
(c) 2010 Diane Rossen Worthington Recipes
- White Bean Soup with Pancetta and Swiss Chard
- Roasted Red Pepper, Wine and Red Lentil Soup
- Whipped Ricotta Dip with Garlic-Rubbed Toasts
- Modern and Lighter Farmer's Market Cobb Salad
- Huevos Rancheros - Put More Power in Your Breakfast
- Quiche Lorraine
- Pear, Ginger and Pecan Muffins
- Fettuccine with Roasted Red Peppers
- Emily's Tomato Risotto
- Pappardelle Topped with Veal Ragout
- Eggplant Recipes, King of Middle Eastern Vegetables
- Portobello and Goat Cheese Vegetarian Sandwich
- Chicken and Onion Grilled Sandwiches
- Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Figs, Pancetta and Gorgonzola
- Stew in a Jiffy: Moroccan Lamb Stew
- Sausages and Peppers in Beer
- Maque Choux and Skillet Pork Chops
- Roquefort Stuffed Pork Tenderloin with Roasted Pears
- Braised Pork Chops with Apricot Cranberry Sauce
- Braised Pork Chops with Rosemary, Tomatoes and Mushrooms
- Roasted Pork Loin With Granny Smith Apples
- Steamed Fish Filets with Tarragon Butter
- Sesame-Ginger Salmon Fillets With Celery Root Puree
- Mississippi Apple Pie
- Thai Coconut Sticky Rice with Mango
- Perfect Pear Dessert Recipes
- Doughnut Delight - 3 Doughnut Recipes
- Caramelized Apples: One Recipe with Many Variations
- Warm Apple and Plum Crisp with Ginger Snap Crust
- Chocolate-Covered Peanut Butter Cups
- Pumpkin Pie Bars
- Ginger Creme Brulee
- Deep-Dish Pumpkin Pie with Cranberry Marmalade
World-renowned chefs with an extraordinary passion for food now share their passion on iHaveNet.com. Diane Rossen Worthington and others make great cooking easier than you ever imagined. Each recipe includes an expert tip and an easy-to-follow recipe - exactly what you need to transform your home cooking from acceptable to delectable.
More Recipes ...