Organic Veggie Smoothies
In any healthy diet, it is always suggested that we consume more greens -- spinach, swiss chard, kale, romaine, dandelion and so forth. You have heard, read about and perhaps occasionally consume these sometimes intimidating "creatures."
But let's face it, there are only so many salads one can consume, never mind how much dressing must be slathered on some of them in order to get through a bowlful.
Don't worry, there's a tasty alternative: the green smoothie.
Try tossing that salad into the blender along with fruit and either water or juice, and you've got a nutritionally dense glass of glory, loaded with vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids -- 50 percent being Omega 3s -- enzymes, fiber, chlorophyll and antioxidants.
In fact, this may be the best way to absorb the nutrients found in greens. Here's why: First off, when we simply chew our greens -- unless we spend minutes of intense grinding with each mouthful -- we simply cannot break through many of the tough cellulose walls that hold the bounty of nutrients. Blending effectively breaks down and "chews" our food for us, and we receive 100 percent of the benefits.
Second, blending condenses what seems like a mountain of greens to a very small amount of liquid, which makes eating up to a half of a pound or even a pound per day much easier. This makes the ruffage even easier for our bodies to digest. Plus, it tastes amazing and is low in fat.
For anyone looking to lose a little weight, greens, more than any other food group, match our nutritional needs most completely. With regular consumption of green smoothies the body becomes nourished, and as a result cravings and overeating diminish.
No matter what your diet, a green smoothie at least once a day will improve your health.
Mulled Orchard Smoothie
The Mulled Orchard Smoothie is packed with fiber, vitamins, minerals, chlorophyll and antioxidants. And it tastes great.
2 large handfuls mixed greens (like spinach or a Greens Powder)
2 cups chai tea chilled
Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. For extra flavor add any natural sweetener, cinnamon, nutmeg and/or cardamom.
Berry Dream Smoothie
This is a nutritionally-dense drink packed with antioxidants; loaded with vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids (EFAs), enzymes and fiber! Add a scoop of non-rbgh whey protein to the mix for protein boost!
1 cup strawberries
1/2 cup raspberries
1/2 cup blueberries
4-5 leaves of kale
2 cups of water
For extra sweetness add stevia or any natural sweetener
Combine in a blender and serve.
- Pork Medallions With Onion Marmalade
- Spring Chicken Salad Recipe
- Spring Pea Soup with Bacon and Chives
- Popover Pancake with Mascarpone and Berries
- Smoked Salmon Not Just for Brunch Anymore Recipes
- Sweet and Tender Artichoke Hearts Recipes
- Going Green Organic Smoothies
- Pepper-spiced Pecans and Almonds
- Secrets to Money-saving Meals
- Food Allergy Update
- Braised Chicken Thighs with Tomatoes and Fennel
- Vegetables a la Greque
- Three Cheese Macaroni with Caramelized Leeks, Prosciutto and Peas
- Beef and Bean Chili Recipe
- Asparagus, the Perennial Spring Miracle
- Healthiest Artificial Sweetener
- Enjoying Tuna Without Endangering Your Health
- Eight Uncommon Fruits Worth A Try
- Light Mediterranean-Style Meatballs with Double Tomato Herb Sauce
- Asparagus Smoked Salmon and Quinoa Salad Recipe
- Simple Pasta Recipe to Celebrate Spring
- Superfoods Boost Health and Energy
- Inside the World of Friendly Probiotics
- Roasted Pepper Linguini with Arugula and Prosciutto Recipe
- Curry Recipes: History of Truly Global Cuisine
- Bring out Your Inner Chef
- Frozen Yogurt Health Benefits
- Cutting Sugary Beverages
- Are Eggs Part of a Healthy Diet
- Parmesan Chicken Fingers Recipe
- This Spring Make Time for Pantry Makeover
- White Bean Soup With Tomatoes and Spinach Recipe
- Potato-Bacon Tarts Recipe
- Avoiding Heartburn
- Grilled Pastrami and Cheese Panini
- Spiced Brioche French Toast with Maple Pears Recipe
- Rustic Pizzas with Butternut Squash Goat Cheese Bacon
- Scones with Currants Recipe
- Overcoming the Challenges of the Potato
- How to Make Salads You Can't Stop Craving
- The Real Cost of Fast Food
- Immune-boosting Foods You’ll Love
- How Antioxidants Can Save Your Life
- Big Breakfast Helps You Lose Weight
- Omega-3 Power Boosts Health
Going Green Organic Smoothies Recipes
(c) 2010 Naturally Savvy Organic Recipes
World-renowned chefs with an extraordinary passion for food share their passion on iHaveNet.com. These chefs make great cooking easier than imagined. Each gourmet recipe features expert advice and an easy-to-make recipe. Exactly what you need to transform your home cooking from acceptable to delectable
- ALL RECIPES
- MAIN COURSES
- BEEF / VEAL
- SIDE DISHES
- WOLFGANG PUCK