President Obama: You're No Bill Clinton
The Obama re-election team must be in panic mode. The president is stuck in a virtual tie with
Clinton will speak next month at the
The president's problem is that he's no
Most importantly in these dire economic times is the contrast that when Clinton's presidency ended he left a surplus behind. Obama has taken the debt created during the second Bush administration -- mostly because of the response to a terrorist attack and two wars -- and, according to the U.S. Treasury, increased each American's debt share by
In 2008, candidate Obama praised
For a Democrat to put Nixon and
There are more contrasts between the two men. Under
During the Clinton administration with the help of a
Less favorably on Clinton's side, he was the first president to be impeached for perjury and obstruction of justice. The
Character and keeping one's promises no longer seem to matter in a presidential candidate or a public official. That's because, for many voters, money, possessions, pleasure, celebrity and self trump these ancient values.
Of course, Clinton will herald Obama at the convention. He is, after all, the ultimate Democratic player. But
Read the latest political news.
- US National Debate is a Disgrace
- Romney Lauds Israel's Socialized, Federally Controlled Health Care System
- A Solution to the Problem of Roaring Mouths Saying Nothing
- What Should Come First, Partisan Advantage or National Security?
- How Mitt Romney Got His
- Mitt Romney: Put up or Shut Up
- Is Obama's Best Hope The Inadequacy of His Rival?
- Mitt Romney's Foreign Folly
- Mitt Romney: An Innocent Abroad
- Mitt Romney: Showing off the GOP
- 2012 Elections: 100 Days is a Long Time
- Truth Meets the Gaffe Factory
- The Election, the Presidency and Foreign Policy
- Tax Cut Kabuki
- De-Bushing Mitt Romney
- Texas GOP Wages War on Thinking
- Time to Listen to the Other America
- President Obama: You're No Bill Clinton
- What's Behind Hatred of Obama?
- Cleaning Up Campaign Finance
- Supreme Court, Inc.
- His So-called 'Post-Racial' Presidency
- The Terrible Economy and the Anti-Election of 2012
- Marching Toward Greater Inequality
- The Rich Grabbing Bigger Slices of Pie
- Turning College Students into a Commodity
- My Quest for 'Commonsense' Gun Laws
- Gun Lobby Fires Up Obama Fear
- One Nation, Under the Gun
- The Persistent Threat to Soft Targets
- Romney Opens Mouth, Only to Make a Joke of Himself
- Green Scissors for Congress
- The Truth About Obama's Tax Proposal (And The Lies Some are Telling About It)
- Mitt Romney Stays Mum on Tax Avoidance
- Condi Rice Rumor Reveals Divisions in Romney Camp and on the Right
- The African-American Swing State
- Mitt Romney's Tour Starts in Wrong Place
- Teen Assailed for Outgrowing Conservatism
President Obama: You're No Bill Clinton | Politics
(c) 2012 Tribune Media Services, Inc.