Liberal Obsession with Race is Growing Old
When will liberals stop living in the past? Specifically, when will they accept that they aren't all that stands between a wonderful, tolerant
I was in the room when, during the Democratic convention, civil rights hero
It's bizarre. I spend most of my time talking or listening to fellow conservatives, and I never hear anybody talk about wanting anything of the sort. But to listen to liberals, that's all we care about.
Toward the end of the presidential campaign, various liberal pundits -- a great many of them born after the signing of the Civil Rights Act -- thought it a brilliant and damning indictment to note that
These states committed the obvious sin of voting Republican while the president was black.
Recently, in an essay for the
So obviously, this is a very clever ploy to restore
"Just as white Southern Democrats once used cynical manipulations -- poll taxes, grandfather clauses, literacy tests -- to get around the 15th Amendment," Reed writes, "so modern-day Republicans have deployed blacks to undermine black interests."
That's it exactly. Indeed, that's what the
You know you've been pounding a square peg into a round hole for too long when you find yourself insinuating that a black man from
More recently, liberal writers apparently convinced themselves that Republican opposition to
"Angry over the reelection of the nation's first black president," vented a writer for The American Prospect, "a handful of old white senators -- one of whom hails from the cradle of the Confederacy -- launch hysterical and dishonest attacks on ... a well-qualified African American woman."
Of course, the same racist representatives of
It's like a metastasizing cancer of delusion.
To watch MSNBC is to think the hosts see themselves as the official newsletter of the
Sure, there are racists in the
But the inconvenient truth is that conservatives are not only not racist, they aren't a fraction as obsessed with race as liberals are.
Of course, that lack of obsession is no doubt itself proof of conservative racism. And why shouldn't it be? Everything else is.
Read the latest political news.
- Not So Merry Christmas For Congress and President
- John Boehner's 'Plan B' Gamble
- Republicans Would Rather Upgrade Afghan Infrastructure Than Our Own
- Who's Afraid of the Fiscal Cliff?
- The Kingdom of Fairness
- Never Ever, Ever, Ever...
- Obama Plays His High Cards
- Let The Real Fat Cats Pay Their Fair Share
- Tea Party Down But Not Out
- GOP Voter Suppression Continues
- How the GOP Can Blow Another Election
- The GOP -- Not a Club for Christians
- 'Amnesty' Not Looking So Bad to GOP
- Republicans: You Gotta Have Hope
- Federalism Could Be Solution to GOP Branding Problem
- Politicians: No Skin in the Game
- Goodbye, Senator Joe Lieberman
- Jim DeMint: A Senate loss or gain?
- A 'Right To' Words that Work
- Liberal Obsession with Race is Growing Old
- Some Companies Resorting to Extremes to Dodge Obamacare
- The Other Cliffs
- Take Care of the Children
- U.S. May Pay More Attention to Latin America in Obama's Second Term
- Snake-Oil Deficit Savings
- The Fiscal Hoax
- Fiscal Cliff 'Grand Bargain' May Be Anything But
- Dodging the Fiscal Swindle
- Brain-lock Inside the Beltway
- Obama's Own Cliff
- 'Fiscal Cliff' Obscures Lack of Shared Sacrifice
- The Fiscal Cliff: False Fears and Horrors
- Taxpayers, Revolt!
- Republicans: The Party of No
- For Pete's Sake, What's Happened to Our Democracy?
- Let Obama be Obama
- Ascendant Hillary Clinton
- Right, Left Get Along -- Outside Washington
- If, At First, You Don't Secede...
- Republican Problems are About More than Just Packaging
- Marco Rubio: A Hispanic Reagan?
- Obama Needs a Family Plan
- An Unsightly Scrap Over Cabinet Nomination
- Throwing Rice: A GOP In-Crowd
- The Decline of Moderate Republicanism
- To Appeal to Black Voters, GOP Must Run Gauntlet of Racism Accusations
- BP is Not a Criminal
- When the Curtain Rises
- Mitt Romney's Own Gift
- The 'Land of Opportunity' is Becoming Hollywood Fiction
- Corporate Bosses Gone Berserk
- The Trojan Horse in the Debt Debate
- The Real Problem with Military Spending
- Without Unity, We'll Tumble Over the Fiscal Cliff
- The Classy Election of 2012
- Karl Rove: The Biggest Loser in Politics
- Will the Supreme Court Dismantle the Voting Rights Act?
- The Pollution of Political Discourse
Liberal Obsession with Race is Growing Old | Politics
(c) 2012 Tribune Media Services, Inc