Some accuse Barack Obama of challenging Supreme Court authority in his comments on its ruling on his healthcare law
Though President Obama says he is confident the
"I would just remind conservative commentators that for years what we have heard is the biggest problem on the bench was judicial activism or a lack of judicial restraint. That an unelected group of people would somehow overturn a duly constituted and passed law. Well, this is a good example and I am pretty confident that this court will recognize that and not take that step."
He continued in slightly more nuanced language, saying, "We have not seen a court overturn a law that was
Obama's rhetoric about the
In a news conference, Attorney General
Nevertheless, some political analysts see Obama's language about the
Read the latest political news.
- How Everyone Else Pays for Big Business's Tax Breaks
- No Easy Solutions for Big Money in Politics
- GOP: That Great Enemy of Reason
- GOP's Presidential Plans in Peril if Economy Keeps Improving
- Mitt Romney's Woman Woes
- Can Republicans Regain Women Voters?
- Independent Ladies Pick Obama
- Republicans Can Close the 'Gender Gap' With the Economy
- Free The Markets, Mitt Romney
- Obama and Romney Struggling With Working Class Voters
- Mitt Romney Turns Attention to Contrasts With President Obama
- The Mitt Romney Veepstakes Begin
- Tool Or Hero: What Role Will Marco Rubio Play?
- Paul Ryan: Chairman of the Con Man Committee
- Paul Ryan's Medicare Hot Air
- Grand Old Pedagogy
- For Government: No Limits
- Parties Begin Staking Out Ground For a Budget Deal
- Rich Freeloaders
- Obama Will Not Stand Up for His Party's Politics
- How the Rich Welch on Retirement Taxes
- Invoking Fake Job Creators to Cut Taxes on the Rich
- Down and Out on Wall Street
- Enemies of the People
- The 99 Percent Spring
- The Most Lopsided Economic Recovery On Record
- Massachusetts Health Care Reform from the Front Lines
- Health Care Jujitsu
- Freedom or Fairness in 2012?
- Obama Energy Policy: Very Few of the Above
- Faith-Based Energy Policy
- Obama Unleashed
- Five Economic Mistakes Obama is Making
- Better Public Schools Require a Stronger Safety Net
- Catching up to the Local Food Revolution
- Taxation without Representation
- Partisanship Bickering Hangs Over Immigration Hearing
- Women Agree With the GOP on Birth Control
- Has Obama Gone Too Far in His Rhetoric About the Supreme Court?
- The Second Oil Revolution
- An America in Decline
- Romney's Russia Remarks and the Dangers of Dumbed Down
- Volatile Times, Uncertain Futures
- The Crisis in Public Morality
- Where's The Hope?
- Rising Economic Tide Lifts Obama's Fortunes
- Politics: A Never-Ending Game of 'Hot Potato'
- Why Older Citizens are More Likely to Vote
- Ryan's Budget Plan Could Cause Problems Within Both Parties
- Re-election Could Put Obama in Top 4 All-Time
Has Obama Gone Too Far in His Rhetoric About the Supreme Court? | Politics
Copyright © 2012 Tribune Media Services