Flight of Fancy
President Obama should listen to former Secretary of State
Kissinger told Bloomberg TV's
Welcome to the party, Dr. Kissinger. Some of us who have been denigrated for taking seriously the Muslim Brotherhood's goal to promote radical Islam worldwide are happy for you to join us in Realityville.
President Obama's first in-office trip to
Former Danish journalist and anti-Islamist Lars Hedegaard understands Islamic fundamentalism better than most. A self-described "secularist,"
On a recent visit to
Does anyone believe America is ready?
"The concept of Jihad," he says, "is really not war in our sense of the word. ... It's not two armies opposing each other on the battlefield. Jihad is an instrumentarium of hundreds of different things you can do to further the cause."
Such as, I asked?
"One of them is terror," he says. "One is assassination."
Hedegaard says radical Muslims "know how to wage war because they've been at it for 1,400 years. I would say Mohammed as a strategist is unsurpassed. ... He has come up with a warfaring system that does not depend on a state. The warfare can even include factions that disagree with each other, such as Sunnis and Shia. ... At the same time they can wage war against the infidels. So as a warfaring concept, it is lodged in every man and woman's head. That's why it is so effective."
Too many people shy away from confronting the truth of radical Islam because they fear being attacked, as happened to
Welcoming President Obama to
Read the latest political news.
- A Shortage of Mercy
- The Separation of Profit and State
- The Morality Brigade
- What Would RFK Do?
- On Partisan Echo Chambers
- Campaign Finance Reform Brings About Strategic Shifts
- Big Sugar's Subsidy -- How Sweet It Is
- Dr. Ben Carson, New Right-Wing Hero
- One of These Things is Not Like the Other
- GOP Assault on Workers' Rights Continues
- One More Bush?
- Gun Control's Timid Advocates
- Gun Lobby Defends Their Cynical Business Model
- Right Decision, Wrong Reason
- Obamacare: Unhappy Anniversary
- Fighting the Last Political War
- RNC Power Grab
- The GOP Goes Under the Knife
- GOP Reboot: A 'Grand Open Party?'
- The Demise of Moderate Republicanism
- GOP Needs to Make Up its Mind on Immigration Reform
- Fusion Power on the Right
- Greatest Generation the Most Entitled
- Michael Bloomberg: Freedom to Make Stupid Decisions
- Chuck Hagel Survives
- American Recessional
- On Talking Things Out
- Rand Paul's Stunt Misses the Point
- What Rand Paul Got Right
- Flight of Fancy
- The Downside of Conservative Orthodoxy
- CPAC Unwise to Snub Chris Christie
- It's 'I Told You So' on Obamacare
- Mitt Romney's Surprising Post-Mortem
- Do We Need to Maintain A Dole For Former Presidents?
- Extortionist in Chief
- The Sound of Inevitability
- Bringing California Back
- The California 'Mordida'
- GOP Governors Still Know a Good Deal When They See One
- Governor Scott to Voters: Never Mind
- Another Scandal in Tallahassee? You Bet!
- This Florida Citizen Outraged by Citizens Insurance
- Visions: America after Hegemony
- High Court Ponders: Is Racism Over?
- A Ruling on Racial Progress
- Detroit's Decline
- Death and Life in Maryland
- Signs that the NRA is Losing
- Gilded Class Warriors
- 'Assassination Memo' a First Step in Setting New Warfare Parameters
- The Double Threats
- Rush to the Defense? Not So Fast
- Why Annihilate the GOP?
- A New GOP, or Just A Cosmetic Touchup?
- Government Spending That Isn't Smart
- Obama's Second Coming
- Operation Hubris
- Can the GOP Escape Its Bubble
Flight of Fancy | Politics
(c) 2013 Tribune Media Services, Inc