President Obama Has Earned Our Trust -- and Our Vote
When former Secretary of State
That racial gibe fits a campaign with a yawning racial divide: Obama is struggling among white working-class men, while Romney has essentially abandoned any effort to win the votes of African-Americans and Latinos.
Someone should talk to the skilled, largely white, middle class workers at
That is what is so troubling about this election. Voters are faced with a clear choice. Romney is a wealthy man -- a plutocrat -- who champions a plutocrat's agenda. He would cut taxes on the wealthy and eliminate taxes on profits multinationals reporting abroad (giving Bain and others million-dollar incentives to move more jobs or report profits overseas). He wants to savage
Sensata workers understand this isn't about race; it is about which side you are on. They know that when Bain closes the plant and shuts off the lights, we all look the same in the dark.
Obama's re-election is burdened by the lousy economy. But here Romney and his allies have been disingenuous. They want voters to forget that Romney supports the same policies that drove the economy off the cliff. They skip over the fact that Obama inherited an economy in free fall, a financial system verging on collapse, a housing bubble bursting and two wars fought on a credit card.
Obama's recovery program stopped the free fall. He ended the war in
This marks the 10th time I have endorsed
As Dr. King said, the poor deserve a floor beneath which no one falls. That is the moral burden America can afford and must honor. Our character must depend upon this contract. President Obama understands this. He has earned our trust. And he has earned our vote.
Read the latest political news.
- United States Presidential Elections in Perspective
- Early Latino Turnout Could Swing Vote
- A Letter to Women Voters
- The Final Days, The Biggest Issue and The Clearest Choice
- Another Electoral College Nightmare?
- Why We're Still in Deep Trouble No Matter Who Wins The Presidency
- FEMA vs 'Romnesia'
- An Unscripted October Surprise
- Stormy Weather Politics
- Storm Saves Obama From Himself
- A Romney Presidency Would Erase Decades of Progress
- President Obama Has Earned Our Trust -- and Our Vote
- Conservatives Long for the Sad Days of Yesteryear
- The Key Election Factor -- Hispanic Turnout
- Presidential race will be 'all about turnout'
- Romney: Obama Victory Would Mean More Gridlock
- Obama: 'You Know I Tell the Truth'
- Romney Pledges Bipartisanship in Final Push
- Gaffes and Zingers, Highlights of Mitt Romney's Campaign
- Women Voters: Kingmakers in 2012
- Obama: 'We've Got More Work to Do'
- The Uncool President
- The 2012 Choice
- Busting Myths about Benghazi
- Benghazi -- No Mere 'October surprise'
- The Vanishing Act of Dubya
- Not an Easy Makeover for Florida Representative Allen West
- What Men of the GOP Don't Get About Rape and Abortion
- In GOP View, Life is Sacred ... Except When It's Not
- Romney the Wrong Man to Handle United States Foreign Policy
- Mitt Romney AWOL in Foreign Policy Debate
- How the Election Could Go Wrong for Romney
- Mitt Romney's Question-Mark Economy
- Will Money Talk?
President Obama Has Earned Our Trust -- and Our Vote | Politics
(c) 2012 Tribune Media Services, Inc