Politicians and presidents of both parties have occasionally suffered from open-mic syndrome, saying something when they thought the microphone was turned off they wished had not been made public.
The latest to fall prey to that amplification of the mouth is President Obama. The president told Russian President
The comments sent shivers down conservative spines. Conservatives believe the president is a not-so-closeted socialist. They recall his criticism of the Founding Fathers for putting too many restraints on presidential power in the Constitution, limiting a president's ability to unilaterally bring about change. Unconstrained by the need to run again, they fear a political version of "Girls Gone Wild" with the Constitution shredded and America transformed beyond recognition.
"I believe that he'll proceed to a single-payer system on healthcare," said Morris. "I think Obamacare was just an intermediate step in his mind. If he's re-elected, particularly if there's a
With another president, this might sound like blather from the extreme right, but consider the new book by
What would "more" look like in an Obama second term? Again,
Morris was not finished: "I think that he'll sign the global ban on small arms, back-door arms control in
The most important thing the president will do, according to Morris: "He's going to transform America into two countries, a small number of people who pay taxes and a large number of people who don't work and are dependent upon the government to create a permanent leftist socialist base in
If that is not cause for alarm, even panic, what is? In the 2008 presidential campaign, candidate Obama promised to fundamentally transform America. Given a second term and especially with a
Read the latest political news.
- How Everyone Else Pays for Big Business's Tax Breaks
- No Easy Solutions for Big Money in Politics
- GOP: That Great Enemy of Reason
- GOP's Presidential Plans in Peril if Economy Keeps Improving
- Mitt Romney's Woman Woes
- Can Republicans Regain Women Voters?
- Independent Ladies Pick Obama
- Republicans Can Close the 'Gender Gap' With the Economy
- Free The Markets, Mitt Romney
- Obama and Romney Struggling With Working Class Voters
- Mitt Romney Turns Attention to Contrasts With President Obama
- The Mitt Romney Veepstakes Begin
- Tool Or Hero: What Role Will Marco Rubio Play?
- Paul Ryan: Chairman of the Con Man Committee
- Paul Ryan's Medicare Hot Air
- Grand Old Pedagogy
- For Government: No Limits
- Parties Begin Staking Out Ground For a Budget Deal
- Rich Freeloaders
- Obama Will Not Stand Up for His Party's Politics
- How the Rich Welch on Retirement Taxes
- Invoking Fake Job Creators to Cut Taxes on the Rich
- Down and Out on Wall Street
- Enemies of the People
- The 99 Percent Spring
- The Most Lopsided Economic Recovery On Record
- Massachusetts Health Care Reform from the Front Lines
- Health Care Jujitsu
- Freedom or Fairness in 2012?
- Obama Energy Policy: Very Few of the Above
- Faith-Based Energy Policy
- Obama Unleashed
- Five Economic Mistakes Obama is Making
- Better Public Schools Require a Stronger Safety Net
- Catching up to the Local Food Revolution
- Taxation without Representation
- Partisanship Bickering Hangs Over Immigration Hearing
- Women Agree With the GOP on Birth Control
- Has Obama Gone Too Far in His Rhetoric About the Supreme Court?
- The Second Oil Revolution
- An America in Decline
- Romney's Russia Remarks and the Dangers of Dumbed Down
- Volatile Times, Uncertain Futures
- The Crisis in Public Morality
- Where's The Hope?
- Rising Economic Tide Lifts Obama's Fortunes
- Politics: A Never-Ending Game of 'Hot Potato'
- Why Older Citizens are More Likely to Vote
- Ryan's Budget Plan Could Cause Problems Within Both Parties
- Re-election Could Put Obama in Top 4 All-Time
Obama Unleashed | Politics
Copyright © 2012 Tribune Media Services