Likable Mitt Romney
The latest polls, jeesh -- nearly 20 percent more people would rather have
But despite all my likable qualities, only 27 percent chose me while 61 percent chose Obama when asked which of us is the more friendly and likable person? That's just crazy. Didn't anyone hear those nice things said about me in
At least that thing with
There's gotta be a likability bounce coming out of "LIVE! With Kelly and Michael." I mean, I was such a sport to play that game, rapid-fire something. Ha! I bet people didn't think I'd know who Snooki is. Though maybe I should have chosen Honey Boo Boo, since she's from
I'm glad Ann jumped in to help me out with the question about a pet peeve, reminding me that I don't like it when she squeezes the toothpaste from the middle of the tube. If that doesn't harken back to a simpler time when loving couples had little more to worry about aside from cute, inoffensive habits, I don't know what does. And that subliminal suggestion of thrift in that we share the same tube of toothpaste. Wow. A bankable likability moment for sure.
The only curve ball was Michael's question about what I wear to bed. Gosh, so much of the "boxers vs. briefs" conundrum was going through my head in those split seconds before I answered "as little as possible." Which was a clever dodge, if I do say so myself. Okay, there were some jokes about the visuals and TMI. But that's better than having to explain temple garments, which would have ruined the whole "we're just like you" messaging.
Really though, I'm just as likable as the president, more so in fact, and I'd be a great guest for dinner at 53 percent of Americans' kitchen tables -- everyone but the moochers.
Read the latest political news.
- A Memo to Mitt and Ann Romney
- Mitt Romney's Biggest Problem is His Own Party
- Mitt Romney Can Win By Doing One Thing
- Mitt Romney on the Spot
- Presidential Debates Present Opportunity and Peril for Mitt Romney
- The Presidential Debate: Look for the Plans, Not the Puns
- His Campaign Sliding, Mitt Romney Must Deliver in Debate
- The 'Self-Made' Hallucination of America's Rich
- Why Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan are Going Down
- Four Reasons Why Mitt Romney Might Still Win
- America Needs Good Refs -- On the Gridiron and in Politics
- How the GOP Protects Its Falsehoods
- 2012 Election Could Mirror 1980 Race
- A GOP Civil War Simmers
- Mitt Romney Missed Big Chance with Latino Voters
- Mitt Romney's Losing Bid to Win the Latino Vote
- Does Political Discourse Need Geneva Conventions?
- Another Episode in Mitt Romney's Foreign Policy Follies
- Team Romney Doubles Down
- In Defense of the 47 Percent
- The High Cost of Mitt Romney's Candor
- It was a privilege, Mitt Romney
- The Obama Hare and Romney the Tortoise
- An American Shame that Both Candidates Ignore
- Revisiting Wilson's 'Truly Disadvantaged'
- The Poor: America's Forgotten Swing Voters
- Pragmatic Racism
- Mitt Romney's Taxes: Who Cares?
- Waffling on Obamacare will Not Help Mitt Romney
- Why They Call Bill Clinton 'Big Dog'
- Bill Clinton's Secret: Make Little Words Matter
- Bill Clinton Delivers
- Forward to What, Democrats?
- The New Obama Shows Muscle
- Words of Wisdom from a Nun
- Likable Mitt Romney
- Mitt Romney Misjudges Voters
- Mitt Romney's Troubling Pattern
- Mitt Romney's Party -- Checks OK, iPhones Not
- Distractions and Diversions
- The Self-Immolation of Mitt Romney
- The Latest Battle in the War on Voting
- Better Off Today? Don't Ask
- What has Obama Learned?
- Obama Sells Old Ideas as New
- Let George W Bush Be
- Do We Want This Foolish Man?
- Poor Visibility
- Paul Ryan Runs Into the Truth
- Team Romney's War Against Facts
- Both Parties Go to Extremes
- Candidates Have De-Emphasized Foreign Affairs
- Campaign 2012 in a Nutshell: Wrong Ideas vs No Ideas
- Memo to GOP: Demography is Destiny
- Tribe of Liberty
- The Price of Freedom
- Paul Ryan Calling the Kettle Black with Medicare Scare Tactics
- House of Representatives Armed with Irony
- Obama Leads Romney in Post-Conventions Poll
- Character, Policy and the Selection of Leaders
- The Politicization of Violence
- The Selling of American Democracy: The Perfect Storm
- Losing Latino Votes
- The Party is Over: Longtime GOPer Dissects Modern Political Landscape
- Paul Ryan's Faux Populism
- Rise Up, Middle Class, Rise Up!
- A Modest Proposal: Three Weeks of Paid Vacation
- The Paul Ryan Choice
Likable Mitt Romney | Politics
(c) 2012 Tribune Media Services, Inc