85th Academy Awards - 2013 Oscars
Anne Hathaway Accepts 2013 Oscar for Best Supporting Actress (Credit: Greg Harbaugh / AMPAS)
Los Angeles, CA
There comes a point in one's life when "I have nothing to wear" becomes one of the most important predicaments ever.
In Anne Hathaway's case, the moment came a day before the Oscars Sunday when she found out that the Valentino dress she would be wearing is noticeably identical with "Le Mis" co-star Amanda Seyfried's Alexander McQueen gown, resulting in her opting for a Prada dress instead.
In a statement to People on Tuesday, Hathaway said, "It came to my attention late Saturday night that there would be a dress worn to the Oscars that is remarkably similar to the Valentino I had intended to wear, and so I decided it was best for all involved to change my plans."
"Though I love the dress I did wear, it was a difficult last minute decision as I had so looked forward to wearing Valentino in honor of the deep and meaningful relationship I have enjoyed with the house and with Valentino himself," the 30-year-old best supporting actress winner added.
"I deeply regret any disappointment caused."
Hathaway, who most often wears Valentino couture at various events, including her wedding to Adam Schulman last September, surprised the public when she emerged on the Oscars red carpet wearing a pale pink Prada gown accessorized by a Tiffany necklace.
Shortly before the ceremony, the actress reportedly called on stylist Rachel Zoe to assist her in finding a replacement dress. On the red carpet, she was also quipped telling E!'s Ryan Seacrest, "I didn't know what I was wearing until about three hours ago…[t]his [dress] is the one that spoke to me in the end."
<< RETURN TO MOVIE REVIEWS ...
Recent Movie Reviews - Films in Theaters
- 'Oz: The Great and Powerful'
- '21 and Over'
- 'Like Someone in Love'
- Argo Wins Top Oscar Prize
- Daniel Day-Lewis Wins 3rd Oscar for 'Lincoln'
- Jennifer Lawrence Makes Up for Forgotten Thank You's during Oscars
- Oscars 2013: Stars Shine at 85th Academy Awards
- 2013 Oscars Winners List
- Anne Hathaway Apologizes for Last-Minute Dress Switch at Oscars
- 'The Gatekeepers'
- Hollywood Prepares for Oscars Night
- 'Amour' Favorite for Best Foreign Film Oscar
- The 2013 Academy Awards by the Numbers
- With Lincoln, Daniel Day-Lewis Ponders 3rd Oscar
- Nominated Movie Scores Feature Sophistication, Cultural Diversity
- Afghan Coming-of-Age Film is Oscar Contender
- 'Life of Pi's Ang Lee Conquers Anti-Asian Bias
- Most Entertaining Documentary May Win The Oscar
- Oscar-Nominated Film Traces Journey of Ailing African Youngsters
- Sci-Tech Oscars Honor Science of Movie-Making
- Palestinians Hope to Tell Their Story Through the Oscars
- History of the Academy Awards and Oscars
- Host Your Own Oscars Party
- Oscars Party Recipes
- Our Favorite Food Movies
- 'Beautiful Creatures'
- 'A Good Day to Die Hard'
- 'Safe Haven'
- 'A Glimpse Inside the Mind of Charles Swan III'
- 'Side Effects'
- 'Identity Thief'
- 'John Dies at the End'
- Nominees and Movie Fans Get Ready for Oscars
- Two Films, Directors Are Top Oscar Contenders
- 'Warm Bodies'
- 'Bullet to the Head'
- 'Stand Up Guys'
- '56 Up'
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters'
- Broken City
- The Last Stand
- Argo Wins Top Prize at Golden Globe Awards
- 'Lincoln' Leads Oscar Nominations
- Gangster Squad
- Zero Dark Thirty
- Price Check
(c) 2013 AHN - All Rights Reserved. "Anne Hathaway Apologizes for Last-Minute Dress Switch at Oscars"