(This classic column was originally published
It's that time again, so I've collected a few facts about presidential inaugurations. Maybe you can surprise your friends with them.
The first President to ride in a car at his inauguration was
The first inauguration broadcast on radio was
After he won a second term, Eisenhower's inauguration in 1957 fell on a Sunday, so he took the oath of office at the
Of course, some presidents get to stand up and be sworn in twice. Fifteen have been elected to a second term, and in
I went to
I don't remember if I actually attended
I know there are a limited number of inaugural tickets this year, but I'm hoping mine is in the mail.
- Do You Take This Smartphone for Better or Worse?
- I'm Sweating It
- The TV Remote is Harvard's Answer to Birth Control
- When Selecting Wine, Choose Your Words Carefully
- Ray Lewis, Your Seat at The Kids Table is Ready
- Let's Name the Lottery Losers
- Snow Memories Warm the Heart
- Diplomacy: Lying Politely
- It Should Have Been Super
- Flu Sufferers, Your Facebook Posts are Making Me Sick
- Where Are All The Young Nudes?
- It's Your Cellphone That Makes You Fat!
- Things I Love to Hate
- Warm Coats and Inaugural Memories
- Searching For Life, Any Life, in Rural New Mexico
- Attention Sports Parents! In Cyberspace, No One Can Hear You Scream
- There's No Joy in Junking Your Christmas Tree
- Food for Holiday Thoughts
- White House Tweets That Never Were
- Warning: Antiques are Addictive
- Real Men Don't Wrap Christmas Gifts
- Lessons From a Reformed Cybershopper
- Make Christmas More Like Christmas
- Christmas: Fugeddaboutit!
- Preparing for Doomsday One Candle at a Time
- Horror Stories from a Black Friday Dad
- The Joys of Email Hacking
- Hard Choices in Store
- Try Some of Andy's Christmas Tidbits
- A Homemade Thanksgiving
- An 'F' is a very 'Nobel' grade
- When You Can't Catch a Break
- The Junk Building Boom
- Vive La French Food
- Is It Music or Noise?
- 'Here Comes Donald Boo Hoo' and Other Post-Election Reality Shows
- Candy Distribution Tips for Halloween 2013
- Is The Battery Half Full or Half Empty?
- Beware the Revolving Candy Dish
- Thou Shalt not Overlike on Facebook
- The Puck Stops Here: How to Convert Your Wife to Golf
- The New Elvis
- Presidential Debates Reveal More About the Candidates and Less
- Forget the Birthday Greetings
- Sort Well-Aged from Old
- Silence is a Wonderful Sound
- Learning to Say Goodbye to Honey Boo Boo
Copyright © 2013 Tribune Media Services