It's been a rough month for
The latest blow came a few days ago, when the U.S. government delayed the Keystone crude oil pipeline that would deliver Canadian oil to
So if you're an American upset about the price of oil, blame the government. It just had an opportunity to lower the price but gave it away -- likely to the Chinese, who will gladly choke the polar bears that Westerners won't.
Another anti-Canadian oil decision came late last month from the
It's not that Europeans couldn't use Canadian oil. European countries are currently negotiating for oil with post-Gaddafi Libya, without really yet knowing who they're dealing with. They've been importing it from
It doesn't help that domestic Canadian lobbying groups are actively working against their own economic interests, claiming oil sand products inherently damage aboriginals and perform unspeakable acts on Mother Nature. Over the past week, I've seen two documentaries on the Kremlin-funded Russian international television network making similar claims about North American natural resource industrialism -- all while
No one's telling
- A Nuclear Wake-up Call
- Global Corruption: Party Systems and the Control of Politicians
- International Security: Balanced Transition
- Global Health: The Beginning of the End of AIDS?
- Humanitarian Assistance: Dead or Live Aid
- United States and Europe Threaten Their Own Energy Independence
- With Fracking America Can Escape the Energy Trap
- Renewed Focus on Pacific Region Intended to Distract from Unrest at Home?
- Obama, Harper Stay Apart on Pipeline Issue, Ink Other Agreements
- Alabama Law Against Illegal Immigration Suffers Setback
- Major Economies Headed for Slowdown
- Is the National Security Complex Too Big to Fail?
- United States Hesitant to 'Reckon With Evil' in Syria
- Why Does America Defend the Weak and Small?
- Why We Need Not Envy China
- United States: Iraq Syndrome
- United States: The News of Empire
- Child Poverty and Access to Education: Hidden Costs on the Hispanic Community
- One Nation, Gone Awry
- Statue of Liberty Turns 125: Old Immigration Attitudes Alive as Well
- United States in Decline -- If We Allow It
Copyright 2011, Tribune Media Services, Inc.