The last time there was a terrorist attack on America, we got the
All of that failed to prevent the
The media have reported on the backgrounds of the two men. The FBI interviewed the older brother, 26-year-old Tamerlan, at the request of a foreign government, probably
How much confidence should Americans have in their government for keeping us safe when two young men can wreak havoc, shutting down a major city?
One thing the U.S. government should decide is whether or not to allow people into America from countries where radical Islam and "jihad" are taught. The hope has been that letting them live here would lead them to become more like us, more accepting of our way of life. In fact, their stay in America seems to have reinforced a radical brand of religion and its worldview that are intended to destroy countries like America whose freedoms and "libertinism" they despise.
The UK Daily Mirror reported Sunday that the FBI was hunting a 12-member "sleeper cell" they say is linked to the Tsarnaev brothers. Quoting a source close to the investigation, the Mirror reported, "We have no doubt the brothers were not acting alone. The devices used to detonate the two bombs were highly sophisticated and not the kind of thing people learn from
More must also be done to curtail the admission of radical imams and the construction of mosques and Islamic schools where hatred of America, Jews and Christians is preached and taught. How many sleeper cells are there in America? They must be found and dismantled. As offensive as this may be to some sensibilities, it is either that, or the offense of more terrorist attacks by people who hate us and are willing to die in the pursuit of goals they believe are dictated by their god.
How many more Americans must be killed and wounded before we fight back, not just overseas, but here? Our enemies are fighting us here. It's our country, not theirs. We must fight for it.
- Joseph Nye: America's Challenge to Wield Smart Power
- America: The Naked Empire
- How will America Hold Together?
- Inhospitable Earth -- Compared to What?
- Paula Deen's Menu: Foot in Mouth
- Decrypting Snowden's Russian layover
- On Ending Perpetual War
- A Victim's Grandmother Takes on Gun Violence
- Time to End Imposed Ignorance of Guns and Harm Guns Do
- Selling Guns to Kids, Legally: Only in America!
- Disenchanting View of the Church Responding to Sexual Abuse Crisis
- Ryan Fogle Fiasco Underscores America's Intelligence Problem
- A Broken System Perpetuates Itself
- Extremism has No Race
- GOP Turns Against Its Own History
- Know-Nothing Security
- Guantanamo Bay: Indefinite Enemies
- The Hollowing Out of Government
- Once Again, Florida is the Poster Child for Scandal
- Why Mark Carson Matters
- The New Xenophobes
- Boston Marathon Survivor Has Long Road Ahead
- Five Major Hindrances to Counterterrorism Efforts
- Fight Gangs, Not Each Other
- Time to Update Census' Race Questions
- Rape and Winning
- The Dilution of Journalism
- Guns: Ignoring the Real While Fighting the Imaginary
- Inside the Superstar Economy of America's Big Thinkers
- Banking on the Poor
- Postmodern Prudes
- Immigration: Of Athens and Jerusalem
- A Little Humility May Be in Order
- Ending Violence in a Decade
- Chasing Infinity
- Why the Boston Bombers Succeeded
- What Next After Boston?
- Boston Marathon Bombings: Grief Without Borders
- Boston Marathon Bombings: Horror Without Terror, Just Anger
- Boston Marathon Bombing Parallels Toulouse Attacks
- Even in Tragedy, A Nation Divided
- Deportation: The D-word
- Boston Marathon Bombings: When Profiling Becomes a Real Menace
- Grassroots Militants from Chechnya
- Boston Marathon Bombings: 'Oh, My God'
- Pollution in the News Stream
- Drones: Anonymous Murder from a Safe Distance
- AP Should Not Stop with 'Illegal Immigrants'
- NRA's Task is to Frighten, Sell More Guns
- School is a Battlefield, and NRA Determined to Keep it that Way
- Gun Laws and Human Nature
- Visions: America after Hegemony
- The Honorable Absurdity of a Soldier's Role
- America's Big Fat Advantage
- Immigration Reform and Entitlement Reform Go Together
- Baby Gets Cruel Lesson in Life Early
- Iraq: Bush's War, 10 Years Later
- Iraq a Convenient Scapegoat
- Americans Fear Iran, But There is Much to Learn From Cuba
- From Affirmative Action to Diversity
- Detroit's Decline
- Signs that the NRA is Losing
- War's Lingering Phantoms
- An Incubator For Peace
- Lasting Peace
- Controlling Lucifer
(c) 2013 Tribune Media Services, Inc.