San Francisco, CA
It won't be long before tablets are the preferred choice for mobile Internet browsing and surfing. According to a study conducted by mobile advertising network Jumptap, tablets will overtake smartphones soon. By the end of last year, Jumptap reported that 18% of its network traffic came from tablets, 78% from smartphones and 4% from feature phones.
Jumptap also touched on the ongoing between Apple and Android smartphones. Both tech companies recorded the same smartphone usage between them with 8%. A surprising figure given that Android has dominated Apple in terms of smartphone sales.
The mobile advertising network also revealed that Samsung was the winner among Android devices in terms of most traffic across mobile web usage.
"Advertisers focusing on the Android market should assume that more than 50% of their ads will appear on Samsung smartphones, unless they specifically target other devices," Jumptap reported.
Jumptap predicts that by the end of this year, tablet usage will jump to 29% while the usage of smartphones will decrease to 70%.
In 2011, traffic coming from tablets showed only 7% while smartphones grabbed 79%. Looking at the figures, Jumptap believes tablet usage will only continue to grow over the next year.
- Tablets to Overtake Smartphones as Most Used Mobile Device for Browsing
- Smartphone and tablet users watch more movies on average
- Bill Gates Talks Tech and Philanthropy
- Yahoo Shuts Down Several Projects
- Pinterest Could Soon be Second Most Used Social Network
- Do You Take This Smartphone for Better or Worse?
- Microsoft experiences cyberattack; employee computers affected
- Android targeted by malware and cybercriminals
- Google's Project Glass to become more stylish
- HP Shifting from PC Manufacturing to Tablets
- Microsoft Windows Blue to have added search functionality
- Google Fears Samsung's Android OS dominance
- Apple iWatch Could Be Unveiled This Year
- Galaxy S4 Rumors Continue to Dominate Smartphone News
- Smartphones to Finally Outnumber Feature Phones this Year
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 to go head-to-head against iPad Mini
- The Death of Depth
- Future Smart Devices Will Extend Our Senses
- Google Offers Virtual Hike Through the Grand Canyon
- Facebook Fasting
- Facebook 'Unfriending' Triggers Real-life Consequences
- Report Highlights Economic Threat of Hacking
- Twitter Hit by Cyber Attack
- Best New Tech For Moms At The Consumer Electronics Show
- CES 2013 Tech Gadgets
- Will Robots Steal Your Job?
- Top Tech at CES 2013
- Wearable Tech Takes CES 2013 by Storm
- Web Gadgets in United States Outnumber Americans
(c) 2013 AHN - All Rights Reserved, "Tablets to Overtake Smartphones as Most Used Mobile Device for Browsing"