What does the company do? Manufactures consumer products such as Scotch Tape and Post-It Notes as well as diversified industrial products
2010 Financial report:
Q. Not sure whether to keep my
A. Nothing seems to hold down the manufacturer of Scotch Tape and Post-It Notes as it actively introduces innovative new products and expands its overseas reach.
Sales of its automobile-materials, water-filtration, health-care, consumer and office-related products have been strong. These have universal appeal and account for the company's robust growth in developing markets such as
Yet to remain profitable this diversified company must cope effectively with economic uncertainty, introduce new technologies and make wise acquisitions.
Another uncertainty: There is no clear successor to Chairman and CEO
A dual citizen of the U.S. and U.K., Buckley recently received a knighthood from
The board says it is considering a range of CEO candidates. Longtime company executive
Consensus analyst recommendation on
Earnings are expected to increase 9 percent this year compared to 13 percent for diversified industrial companies. Next year's projected 12 percent is in line with the forecast for its peers. The five-year annualized growth rate is expected to be 11 percent versus 14 percent forecast industry-wide.
- 6 Risks Every Investor Faces
- The Appeal of Emerging Markets Bonds
- Do Your Investments Love You Back?
- 3M: Resilient Maker of Post-It Notes Tapes Together Solid Growth
- Bank of America to Pay $8.5B in Mortgage-backed Security Dispute
- Google Launches New Social Networking Service in Already Crowded Market
- JPMorgan Agrees To Pay $153.6 Million Settlement In Fraud Case
- Supreme Court Strikes Down Huge Sex Discrimination Lawsuit Against Walmart
- Federal Reserve Forecasts Weaker Growth for 2011 and 2012
- Half Of Americans Suffering While Rich Prosper
- Existing Home Sales Fall 3.8% in May To Lowest Rate in Six Months
- Savings in American Banks Reach Record $1.45 Trillion in May
- Executive Pay Rise Cause Of Widening Income Gap In United States
- Nokia and Apple Settle Patent Lawsuit
- 50 Best Funds for the Everyday Investor
- 2 Bright Spots in Europe: Denmark and Norway
- 5 Ominous Signs for Stock Investors
- Executive Pay Zooming Skyward Again
- Bank Stocks Slow to Show Recovery But Could Be Turning the Corner
- United Technologies: Conglomerate Relies on Cyclical Growth Factors
- International Paper Company Thinks Inside the Box
- Why Copper Is the Metal to Watch
- Auto Industry Weathers High Fuel Prices
- 6 Numbers Every Investor Should Follow
- ETFs Not Just For Riverboat Gamblers
- What Investors Can Learn From the VIX
- How to Find Value Stocks
- Learning From Madoff
- PIMCO's Bill Gross Wades Into Active ETFs
- The Smaller the Better: Investing in Micro-caps
- Confidence Remains Strong in Global Markets Despite Crises
- What Standard & Poor's U.S. Outlook Downgrade Means
- The Appeal of Go-Anywhere Funds
- Demand and Disasters Complicate Global Energy Picture
- Russia Stocks Soar on Rising Oil Prices
- Energy and Construction Stocks Looking Good -- For Now
- What Investors Can Learn From Fund Flows
- High-priced Stocks Worth the Money?
- Investors Continue to Chase Short-Term Performance
- 5 Reasons Investors Should Not Bail on Japan
- What Happens After Quantative Easing 2 Ends?
- A Closer Look at Restaurant Stocks
- Adobe Overcomes Obstacles to Continue Its Rise
- Where to Find the Dividends Now
- What Style of Index Investing Is Right for You?
- The Case for (and Against) European Stocks
- Tech Stocks Volatile But Undeniably Strong
- Find This Year's Investing Strategy in Last Year's Return
- Why Big U.S. Stocks Look Like a Good Bet
- Diversification: Can You Have Too Much of a Good Thing?
- 5 Tax Tips for Mutual Fund Investors
- What's the Best Way to Buy Bonds?
- Realities of New Retirement Changing Investment Strategies
- How Contango Affects Your Investments
- Best Intermediate-Term Bond Funds for the Long Term
- Elephant-Sized Mutual Funds Slow to Adapt But Steady
- What Next for Gold? Is Gold's Latest Selloff a Turning Point?
- eBay: Competition and Changing Trends Cloud Online Marketplace's Future
- What the Egyptian Uprising Means for Investors
Investing - 3M: Resilient Maker of Post-It Notes Tapes Together Solid Growth | Successful Investing
Copyright 2011, TRIBUNE MEDIA SERVICES, INC.
Stock Markets Overview
Daily 52 Week Highs
Daily 52 Week Lows
Exchange Traded Funds - ETF Watch
FOREX FX Exchange Rates
Futures Prices by Exchange
Futures Prices by Type
US Morning Call Commentary
Stock Market News, Indicators, Market and Industry Articles Source. Find out what is happening in the Stock Markets.
Visit iHaveNet.com for the latest Stock Market News by Sector and Industry. Your Single Source to Stock Market, Economic,
Business and Industry News Articles.