Boeing Takes Big Orders At Paris Air Show
Boeing is feeling the love at Le Bourget as it announced dozens of orders for new commercial passenger aircraft during the Paris Air Show.
Boeing and Qatar Airways announced a $1.7-billion deal for six Boeing 777-300ER (Extended Range) airplanes.
"We are extremely pleased to be playing a role in the growth and success of Qatar Airways," Boeing Commercial Airplane Division President and CEO Jim Albaugh said Monday. "And we are grateful for the confidence and trust that Qatar Airways continues to place in Boeing - and in the 777."
Boeing then announced an undisclosed deal for 17 747-8 Intercontinentals, valued at $5.4 billion.
Now, Boeing has a 50-plane backlog of 747-8 orders.
"These orders for the 747-8 Intercontinental mark a major milestone for the program and demonstrate the market's need for an airplane of its size and range. It will play a valuable role in further growing these carriers long-haul route networks," Albaugh said.
The good news kept coming as the aerospace firm announced another deal with Los Angeles-based Air Lease Corporation (ALC) for 33 airplanes (14 firm orders and four options for Next-Generation 737-800s, as well as five 777-300ERs and four 787-9 Dreamliners).
- Nokia and Apple Settle Patent Lawsuit
- 50 Best Funds for the Everyday Investor
- 2 Bright Spots in Europe: Denmark and Norway
- 5 Ominous Signs for Stock Investors
- Executive Pay Zooming Skyward Again
- Bank Stocks Slow to Show Recovery But Could Be Turning the Corner
- United Technologies: Conglomerate Relies on Cyclical Growth Factors
- International Paper Company Thinks Inside the Box
- Why Copper Is the Metal to Watch
- Auto Industry Weathers High Fuel Prices
- 6 Numbers Every Investor Should Follow
- ETFs Not Just For Riverboat Gamblers
- What Investors Can Learn From the VIX
- How to Find Value Stocks
- Learning From Madoff
- PIMCO's Bill Gross Wades Into Active ETFs
- The Smaller the Better: Investing in Micro-caps
- Confidence Remains Strong in Global Markets Despite Crises
- What Standard & Poor's U.S. Outlook Downgrade Means
- The Appeal of Go-Anywhere Funds
- Demand and Disasters Complicate Global Energy Picture
- Russia Stocks Soar on Rising Oil Prices
- Energy and Construction Stocks Looking Good -- For Now
- What Investors Can Learn From Fund Flows
- High-priced Stocks Worth the Money?
- Investors Continue to Chase Short-Term Performance
- 5 Reasons Investors Should Not Bail on Japan
- What Happens After Quantative Easing 2 Ends?
- A Closer Look at Restaurant Stocks
- Adobe Overcomes Obstacles to Continue Its Rise
- Where to Find the Dividends Now
- What Style of Index Investing Is Right for You?
- The Case for (and Against) European Stocks
- Tech Stocks Volatile But Undeniably Strong
- Find This Year's Investing Strategy in Last Year's Return
- Why Big U.S. Stocks Look Like a Good Bet
- Diversification: Can You Have Too Much of a Good Thing?
- 5 Tax Tips for Mutual Fund Investors
- What's the Best Way to Buy Bonds?
- Realities of New Retirement Changing Investment Strategies
- How Contango Affects Your Investments
- Best Intermediate-Term Bond Funds for the Long Term
- Elephant-Sized Mutual Funds Slow to Adapt But Steady
- What Next for Gold? Is Gold's Latest Selloff a Turning Point?
- eBay: Competition and Changing Trends Cloud Online Marketplace's Future
- What the Egyptian Uprising Means for Investors
Investing - Boeing Takes Big Orders At Paris Air Show | Successful Investing
Copyright 2011, AHN - All Rights Reserved
Stock Markets Overview
Daily 52 Week Highs
Daily 52 Week Lows
Exchange Traded Funds - ETF Watch
FOREX FX Exchange Rates
Futures Prices by Exchange
Futures Prices by Type
US Morning Call Commentary
Stock Market News, Indicators, Market and Industry Articles Source. Find out what is happening in the Stock Markets.
Visit iHaveNet.com for the latest Stock Market News by Sector and Industry. Your Single Source to Stock Market, Economic,
Business and Industry News Articles.