One of the qualities that makes Martin Brodeur one of the all-time great NHL goalies is his ability to bounce back after a rare poor outing.
Brodeur did just that in the Devils' Eastern Conference playoff game vs. the Panthers, posting a shutout in the New Jersey Devils 4-0 win over Florida.
The outing came just one game after the legend was pulled from a game three loss after letting up some weak goals.
"What separates him from ordinary goalies isn't just his talent, it's his mental makeup," Devils coach Pete DeBoer told the Newark Star-Ledger. "That's what has allowed him to play at the level he has for as long as he has. He's just mentally tougher and is able to handle those highs and lows without affecting his game."
Brodeur said he took the positives from game three, despite the disappointing loss.
"I looked closely at what happened in Game 3 and I felt pretty good about myself," he said. "I worked hard in practice just to make sure there was no doubt in my mind that I was still able to stop a puck. I was able to."
That's an understatement, especially after his Game 4 effort.
- Devils Force Game 7 vs Panthers
- Gritty Lundqvist, Rangers Force Game 7 vs Senators
- Stoll Scores in OT as Kings Send Canucks Packing
- Flyers Finish Off Penguins with Rout
- Blues Use Third-Period Flurry to Oust Sharks in First-Round
- Senators Stun Rangers Again in Game Five
- Coyotes Forward Raffi Torres Slapped with 25-Game Suspension
- Fleury Stops 24 Shots, Penguins Stay Alive vs Flyers
- Predators Oust Red Wings from Playoffs
- Brodeur Bounces Back: Devils Goalie Nets Another Playoff Shutout
- Torres Suspended Indefinitely After Knocking Out Hossa
- Daniel Sedin's Return Sparks Canucks Past Kings
- Penguins Erupt for 10 Goals, Stay Alive With Rout of Flyers
- Coyotes Top Blackhawks in OT; Hossa Hospitalized After Hit
- Lundqvist Shines as Rangers Top Senators for Series Lead
- Rinne Stops 42 Shots, Predators Edge Red Wings for 2-1 Series Lead
- Flyers Punish Penguins to Take Commanding 3-0 Lead
- Caps Edge Bruins, Knot Series 1-1 Behind Backstrom's 2OT Tally
- Dustin Brown Sparkles as Kings Top Canucks for 2-0 Series Lead
- Hanzal OT Tally Lifts Coyotes Over Blackhawks for Series Lead
- Ryan Callahan Leads Rangers Past Senators in Series Opener
- Dustin Penner Helps Kings Topple Canucks in Series Opener
- Braden Holtby to Start in Between Pipes for Caps vs Bruins
- Canucks Win President's Cup Enter Stanley Cup Playoffs as Top Seed
- Flyers Losing at Game of 'Slots'; Big Body Needs to Step Forward
- Flyers Blueline Gets Lift with Defenseman Pavel Kubina
- Top 10 Cities With the Most Sports Championships
- Flyers Youth Movement is a Winner
- Maple Leafs GM Burke Yearns for Old NHL, More Fights
- Police Looking for Flyers Fans Who Attacked Rangers Fans
- Rangers Edge Flyers in Winter Classic
- Canucks Colluding on Another Shot at Stanley Cup
- Everyone Knows Claude Giroux's Name in Philly
- Radim Vrbata Keeping Phoenix Coyotes Near Top of Pacific
- NHL Adopts Four Conference Realignment Plan
- Forbes Lists Maple Leafs as Most Valuable NHL Franchise
- Red Wings Ageless Wonder Lidstrom Keeps Team On Winning Path
- Maple Leafs Forward Phil Kessel Out in Front in NHL All Star Voting
- Defending Stanley Cup Champ Bruins Back in Title Form With 10-Game Winning Streak
- Flyers Chemistry Helping Team Take Off
- Montreal Canadiens Hopes for Big Season Riding on Goalie Carey Price
- CBC Distancing Itelf from Don Cherry's Over Hockey Fighting Comments
- Penguins Put Sidney Crosby on Injured Reserve to Start Season
Copyright © 2012 AHN - All Rights Reserved