Ottawa, AB, Canada
The New York Rangers scored three second period goals and held off a late Ottawa Senators charge to win game six of the Eastern Conference playoffs, 3-2.
The Blueshirts forced a game seven to be played at Madison Square Garden.
The Rangers scored three goals in the second period to take over the match.
Derek Stepan scored on a power play midway through the period and Brad Richards zipped another shot past Chris Anderson on another extra-man opportunity.
The eventual game-winner came on a blast from Chris Kreider with 41 seconds remaining in the period.
Chris Neil opened the scoring early on for the Senators, beating a screened Henrik Lundqvist with a shot.
Jason Spezza was credited with the Senators second goal, which came with 39 ticks left. It appeared to go in via a distinct kicking motion, but the refs ruled it a tally, infuriating Lundqvist who thought he was interfered with.
The Senators couldn't net the equalizer, however, and will have to play better in the Big Apple to score an upset.
The Rangers will have two days to lick their wounds, as Ryan Callahan and Richards were both battered in the grueling contest.
- Capitals Hold Off Rangers to Force Game 7
- Devils Bounce Flyers, Advance to Stanley Cup Conference Finals
- Morris and Hanzal Goals Lift Coyotes Past Predators
- Staal Overtime Goal Lifts Rangers over Capitals in Game 5
- Devils Defeat Flyers 4-2 on Brodeur's 40th
- Kings Advance to Western Conference Finals in Sweep of Blues
- Mike Green's Late Power-Play Goal Lifts Capitals Over Rangers
- Coyotes Blank Predators, Take 3-1 Series Lead
- Kings Thump Blues: Take Commanding 3-0 Series Lead
- Devils Earn 4-3 OT Victory Over Flyers
- Rangers Win 3 OT Thriller Over Caps
- Third Period The Charm For Devils in 4-1 Win Over Flyers
- Alex Ovechkin Nets Winner As Caps Knot Series with Rangers
- Kings Continue Road Success Blitzing Blues
- Briere OT Goal Lifts Flyers Past Devils 4-3
- Rangers Take Opener from Capitols
- Stanley Cup Conference Semifinals Now Set
- Rangers and Devils Advance After Game 7 Wins
- Joel Ward OT Tally Sends Caps Past Bruins in Game 7
- Devils Force Game 7 vs Panthers
- Gritty Lundqvist, Rangers Force Game 7 vs Senators
- Stoll Scores in OT as Kings Send Canucks Packing
- Flyers Finish Off Penguins with Rout
- Blues Use Third-Period Flurry to Oust Sharks in First-Round
- Senators Stun Rangers Again in Game Five
- Coyotes Forward Raffi Torres Slapped with 25-Game Suspension
- Fleury Stops 24 Shots, Penguins Stay Alive vs Flyers
- Predators Oust Red Wings from Playoffs
- Brodeur Bounces Back: Devils Goalie Nets Another Playoff Shutout
- Torres Suspended Indefinitely After Knocking Out Hossa
- Daniel Sedin's Return Sparks Canucks Past Kings
- Penguins Erupt for 10 Goals, Stay Alive With Rout of Flyers
- Coyotes Top Blackhawks in OT; Hossa Hospitalized After Hit
- Lundqvist Shines as Rangers Top Senators for Series Lead
- Rinne Stops 42 Shots, Predators Edge Red Wings for 2-1 Series Lead
- Flyers Punish Penguins to Take Commanding 3-0 Lead
- Caps Edge Bruins, Knot Series 1-1 Behind Backstrom's 2OT Tally
- Dustin Brown Sparkles as Kings Top Canucks for 2-0 Series Lead
- Hanzal OT Tally Lifts Coyotes Over Blackhawks for Series Lead
- Ryan Callahan Leads Rangers Past Senators in Series Opener
- Dustin Penner Helps Kings Topple Canucks in Series Opener
- Braden Holtby to Start in Between Pipes for Caps vs Bruins
- Canucks Win President's Cup Enter Stanley Cup Playoffs as Top Seed
- Flyers Losing at Game of 'Slots'; Big Body Needs to Step Forward
- Flyers Blueline Gets Lift with Defenseman Pavel Kubina
- Top 10 Cities With the Most Sports Championships
- Flyers Youth Movement is a Winner
- Maple Leafs GM Burke Yearns for Old NHL, More Fights
- Police Looking for Flyers Fans Who Attacked Rangers Fans
- Rangers Edge Flyers in Winter Classic
- Canucks Colluding on Another Shot at Stanley Cup
- Everyone Knows Claude Giroux's Name in Philly
- Radim Vrbata Keeping Phoenix Coyotes Near Top of Pacific
- NHL Adopts Four Conference Realignment Plan
- Forbes Lists Maple Leafs as Most Valuable NHL Franchise
- Red Wings Ageless Wonder Lidstrom Keeps Team On Winning Path
- Maple Leafs Forward Phil Kessel Out in Front in NHL All Star Voting
- Defending Stanley Cup Champ Bruins Back in Title Form With 10-Game Winning Streak
- Flyers Chemistry Helping Team Take Off
- Montreal Canadiens Hopes for Big Season Riding on Goalie Carey Price
- CBC Distancing Itelf from Don Cherry's Over Hockey Fighting Comments
- Penguins Put Sidney Crosby on Injured Reserve to Start Season
Copyright © 2012 AHN - All Rights Reserved