Tony Parker Nets 22, Spurs Top Clippers for 2-0 lead
2012 NBA Playoffs
San Antonio, TX
Tony Parker may have moved into the same age bracket as fellow Spurs stars Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili, but he didn't look over 29 as he scored a game-high 22 points and San Antonio thumped the Los Angeles Clippers 105-88 Thursday night at AT&T Center.
On his 30th birthday, Parker led five double-digit scorers for the Spurs, who took a 2-0 lead in their semifinal series.
Parker was 8-of-19 from the floor and had five assists and five rebounds. He slashed and drove hard, while taking advantage of a hobbled and smothered Chris Paul.
A rejuvenated Tim Duncan, 36, coming off a playoff-high 26 points in Game 1, turned in another vintage performance as he poured in 18 points, including 14 in the first half.
The four-time NBA champion Duncan, who captured three of his NBA titles with Parker and Ginobili, held another down-low and face-up clinic against Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan, while going 9 of 14 from the field.
Boris Diaw added 16 points on seven for seven shooting from the field, Danny Green scored 13, while Ginobili, 34, had 10 off the bench, all in the first half.
For the game, the Spurs shot 53.2 percent from the field. They shot just 30.8 percent (four-of 13) from 3-point range in the first half, but went on to finish with 40 percent (10-of-25).
San Antonio once again dominated the paint with a 50-18 advantage. The Spurs also out-rebounded the Clippers, 35-32.
The Clippers shot almost 50 percent (49.2), but trailed by as many as 19. Blake led the Los Angeles with 20 points, while Randy Foye added 11 in the loss.
Paul, who like Griffin has refused to admit his injury is affecting his game, scored just 10 points, but committed eight of the 18 Clippers turnovers in the contest.
With the triumph, the Spurs protected their home court.
It also enabled them to extend their current winning streak to 16 games. This 16-game winning streak dates back to April 12 and includes a sweep of the Utah Jazz in the first round.
The series shifts to Los Angeles, with the Clippers hosting the Spurs in back-to-back Games 3 and 4 Saturday and Sunday at Staples Center.
Tony Parker Nets 22, Spurs Top Clippers for 2-0 lead
- LeBron's 45 Points Crush Celtics
- Durant Powers Oklahoma City Thunder to NBA Finals
- Cavs Eye North Carolina's Harrison Barnes as Possible Draft Pick
- Trail Blazers Appoint ex-Clipper Executive Olshey as GM
- Garnett Double-Double, Pierce Clutch Trey Lift Celts Over Heat
- Thunder Push Spurs to Brink with Game 5 Road Win
- Celtics Survive Heat in OT; Even series at 2-2
- Durant, Ibaka-powered Thunder Top Spurs in Game 4
- Big 3 Respond vs Heat; Celtics Narrow Series Deficit to 2-1
- Ibaka, Sefolosha Star in Thunder's Game 3 Win Over Spurs
- Wade Carries Heat Past Celtics in OT; Miami Nets 2-0 Series Lead
- Hornets Win Top Lottery Pick in Upcoming NBA Draft
- Spurs Hold Off Thunder for Commanding 2-0 series Lead
- Tim Duncan Declares: 'I'm a Spur for life'
- LeBron, Wade Lead Heat to Game 1 Win Over Celtics
- Ginobili, Reserves Key Spurs Game 1 Win Over Thunder
- Spoelstra Fined 25K For Criticizing Refs in Pacers Series
- Rajon Rondo Leads Celtics to Game 7 Win
- Guarded Optimism: Knicks Expect Jeremy Lin to Stay
- Wade Explodes For 41: Heat Topple Pacers Advance to East Finals
- Jerry West Says Lakers No Longer Among Best
- Sixers Force Celtics to Winner-Take-All Game Seven
- For The Birds: Pacers Exec Doesn't Like Team's 'Soft' Play
- LeBron Leads NBA All-Defensive First Team
- Eight Shot in Oklahoma City after Thunder Win
- Brandon Bass Keys Celtics Win Over 76ers in Game 5
- Clippers Look to Secure Griffin and Paul with Long-Term Deals
- LeBron and Wade Torch Pacers as Heat Level Series 2-2
- Thunder Steal Game 4 vs Lakers, Take Commanding 3-1 Series Lead
- Huge Third Quarter Lifts Spurs Past Clippers for 3-0 Series Lead
- Lakers Hand Thunder First Playoff Loss, Trail Series 2-1
- Sixers Claw Back From 18-Point Deficit to Top Celtics
- Wade, Spoelstra Clash as Heat Wilt Under Pressure
- Tony Parker Nets 22, Spurs Top Clippers for 2-0 lead
- Pacers Frontline Delivers 2-1 Series Edge Against Heat
- Kevin Durant Rallies Thunder Past Lakers for 2-0 Series Lead
- Pierce Explodes as Celtics Take 2-1 Edge Against Sixers
- Well-rested Spurs Top Clippers in Game 1 of West Semis
- Lebron and Heat Cool Off, Fall To Pacers in Game 2
- Sixers Edge Celtics to Knot Series at 1-1
- LeBron and Wade Combine for 61 points as Heat Topple Pacers
- Stern Agrees that Flopping in NBA is a Concern
- Kyrie Irving Named NBA's Top Rookie
- Coach K to Step Down as Team USA Coach After London Games
- Clippers Tame Grizzlies in Game 7
- Rejuvenated Gasol Powers Lakers Past Nuggets in Game 7
- Rondo, Garnett Rally Celtics Past Sixers in Series-Opener
- Grizzlies Rout Hobbled Clippers to Force Game 7
- Heat Coach Spoelstra Expects Physical Battle Against Pacers
- Pacers' Vogel: Miami Heat Flopped Way to Top
- LeBron Snares Third NBA Most Valuable Player Trophy
- Bulls Superstar Derrick Rose Undergoes Knee Surgery
- Ty Lawson's Career Night Helps Nuggets Force Game 7 vs Lakers
- Pumped-Up Garnett Carries Celtics in Series Clincher vs Hawks
- Iguodala's Clutch Free-Throws Lift Sixers Past Bulls
- Ginobili Hopes Grizzlies-Clippers Series Goes Distance
- LeBron Scores 29 as Heat Finish Off Knicks
- Grizzlies Top Clippers to Force Game 6
- Hawks Co-owner Gearon Calls Garnett Dirty
- Nuggets Fend Off Late Lakers Surge to Force Game 6
- Sessions Becoming a Key to Lakers Championship Push
- Carmelo Scores 41: Knicks Avoid Sweep; Top Heat in Game 4
- James Harden's Career Night Helps Thunder Sweep Mavs
- Backcourt Consistency Gives Sixers 2-1 Series Edge Over Bulls
- Ty Lawson Leads Nuggets Back into Series vs Lakers
- Durant-Powered Thunder Rout Mavs for 3-0 Series Lead
- Lebron Guides Heat Past Knicks in Game 3
- O.J. Mayo Scores 20 as Grizzlies Top Clippers in Game 2
- Spurs Squelch Jazz in Impressive Rout; Forge 2-0 Series Lead
- Kobe Scores 38 as Lakers Beat Nuggets for 2-0 Series Lead
- Knicks Amare Stoudemire Injures Hand
- Brooklyn Nets Unveil New Logo
- Heat and Thunder Forge 2-0 Playoff Series Leads
- Jeremy Lin Hopes for Return vs Heat
- Bryant, Bynum Lift Lakers Over Nuggets
- Tony Parker Pours in 28: Spurs Blast Jazz
- Durant's Heroics Prevent Mavs From Stealing Series Opener
- LeBron James, Heat Too Strong for Knicks in Game 1
Bulls Win Opener vs Sixers
Lose Derrick Rose to Injury
- Mavs Owner Cuban Says West Winnable for Several Teams
- Bulls, Heat Take Court for NBA Playoff Openers
Copyright © 2012 AHN. All rights reserved