LeBron, Wade Lead Heat to Game 1 Win Over Celtics
2012 NBA Playoffs
Even if they were reduced to "Big Two" due to injury to Chris Bosh, LeBron James and Dwyane Wade of the Miami Heat proved to be too strong for the Boston Celtics' "Big Three".
James scored 32 and grabbed 13 boards and Wade added 22 markers as Miami turned up the heat in the second half to scorch the Celtics, 93-79 Monday in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals at the American Airlines Arena.
The Heat will try to grab a 2-0 edge in Game 2 Wednesday at Miami.
The duo outscored the trio of Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Ray Allen by 11 points and got significant contributions from Shane Battier and Mario Chalmers, who combined for 19 points. Battier also had 10 rebounds for the Heat.
Garnett led the Celtics with 23 points and 10 rebounds, Pierce added12 on a woeful 5- of-18 shooting while Allen managed just six markers.
Rajon Rondo contributed 16 points, nine rebounds and seven assists for the Celtics but his four turnovers in the first period allowed the Heat to dictate the tempo.
James, the reigning MVP, waxed hot early, scoring 13 points in the opening quarter to give the Heat a 21-11 edge
The Celtics came to life in the second period, outscoring the Heat, 35-25 and limiting Wade to just six first-half points to tie the count at 46.
Wade broke loose in the second half, scoring 16 points and his floating jumper gave the Heat an 80-63 lead, with nine minutes left in the game.
Meanwhile, Bosh underwent a light on-court workout as part of his rehabilitation program from a lower abdominal strain.
However, coach Erik Spoelstra said it is still unclear when Bosh will return to the lineup.
"I wouldn't over-read into his workout yesterday," Spoelstra told nba.com."We'll continue to reevaluate him every day. He'll continue to do his rehab. When he starts legitimate basketball work, I'll pay attention a little bit more."
Hear from the Miami Heat after their win over the Celtics:
Heat torch Celtics in Game 1
Hear from Doc Rivers after the Celtics' loss to the Heat:
Boston falls to Miami in Game 1
- LeBron's 45 Points Crush Celtics
- Durant Powers Oklahoma City Thunder to NBA Finals
- Cavs Eye North Carolina's Harrison Barnes as Possible Draft Pick
- Trail Blazers Appoint ex-Clipper Executive Olshey as GM
- Garnett Double-Double, Pierce Clutch Trey Lift Celts Over Heat
- Thunder Push Spurs to Brink with Game 5 Road Win
- Celtics Survive Heat in OT; Even series at 2-2
- Durant, Ibaka-powered Thunder Top Spurs in Game 4
- Big 3 Respond vs Heat; Celtics Narrow Series Deficit to 2-1
- Ibaka, Sefolosha Star in Thunder's Game 3 Win Over Spurs
- Wade Carries Heat Past Celtics in OT; Miami Nets 2-0 Series Lead
- Hornets Win Top Lottery Pick in Upcoming NBA Draft
- Spurs Hold Off Thunder for Commanding 2-0 series Lead
- Tim Duncan Declares: 'I'm a Spur for life'
- LeBron, Wade Lead Heat to Game 1 Win Over Celtics
- Ginobili, Reserves Key Spurs Game 1 Win Over Thunder
- Spoelstra Fined 25K For Criticizing Refs in Pacers Series
- Rajon Rondo Leads Celtics to Game 7 Win
- Guarded Optimism: Knicks Expect Jeremy Lin to Stay
- Wade Explodes For 41: Heat Topple Pacers Advance to East Finals
- Jerry West Says Lakers No Longer Among Best
- Sixers Force Celtics to Winner-Take-All Game Seven
- For The Birds: Pacers Exec Doesn't Like Team's 'Soft' Play
- LeBron Leads NBA All-Defensive First Team
- Brandon Bass Keys Celtics Win Over 76ers in Game 5
- Clippers Look to Secure Griffin and Paul with Long-Term Deals
- LeBron and Wade Torch Pacers as Heat Level Series 2-2
- Thunder Steal Game 4 vs Lakers, Take Commanding 3-1 Series Lead
- Huge Third Quarter Lifts Spurs Past Clippers for 3-0 Series Lead
- Lakers Hand Thunder First Playoff Loss, Trail Series 2-1
- Sixers Claw Back From 18-Point Deficit to Top Celtics
- Wade, Spoelstra Clash as Heat Wilt Under Pressure
- Tony Parker Nets 22, Spurs Top Clippers for 2-0 lead
- Pacers Frontline Delivers 2-1 Series Edge Against Heat
- Kevin Durant Rallies Thunder Past Lakers for 2-0 Series Lead
- Pierce Explodes as Celtics Take 2-1 Edge Against Sixers
- Well-rested Spurs Top Clippers in Game 1 of West Semis
- Lebron and Heat Cool Off, Fall To Pacers in Game 2
- Sixers Edge Celtics to Knot Series at 1-1
- LeBron and Wade Combine for 61 points as Heat Topple Pacers
- Stern Agrees that Flopping in NBA is a Concern
- Kyrie Irving Named NBA's Top Rookie
- Coach K to Step Down as Team USA Coach After London Games
- Clippers Tame Grizzlies in Game 7
- Rejuvenated Gasol Powers Lakers Past Nuggets in Game 7
- Rondo, Garnett Rally Celtics Past Sixers in Series-Opener
- Grizzlies Rout Hobbled Clippers to Force Game 7
- Heat Coach Spoelstra Expects Physical Battle Against Pacers
- Pacers' Vogel: Miami Heat Flopped Way to Top
- LeBron Snares Third NBA Most Valuable Player Trophy
- Bulls Superstar Derrick Rose Undergoes Knee Surgery
- Ty Lawson's Career Night Helps Nuggets Force Game 7 vs Lakers
- Pumped-Up Garnett Carries Celtics in Series Clincher vs Hawks
- Iguodala's Clutch Free-Throws Lift Sixers Past Bulls
- Ginobili Hopes Grizzlies-Clippers Series Goes Distance
Copyright © 2012 AHN. All rights reserved