Clippers Add Forward Grant Hill
Los Angeles, CA
The Los Angeles Clippers added another seasoned player to their lineup by acquiring swingman Grant Hill on a reported two-year deal, a source close to situation disclosed.
The 39-year-old Hill joined fellow journeymen Jamaal Crawford, Lamar Odom and Chauncey Billups with the Clippers, who have been aggressively acquiring solid veterans this offseason to complement Chris Paul and Blake Griffin in next season's campaign.
The Clippers are trying to hammer out a sign-and-trade deal with the Suns that would send Ryan Gomes in exchange for Hill.
The Los Angeles Lakers were also reported interested to sign the former All-Star small forward but Clippers head coach Vinny Del Negro lured Hill to the other Los Angeles squad. Del Negro and Hill had a great relationship during their time with the Phoenix Suns.
Hill's arrival gives the Clippers a reliable perimeter player and adds depth at the small forward position behind starter Caron Butler.
Hill averaged 10.2 points and 3.5 boards last season with the Suns.
- Heat-Celtics Tip-Off NBA 2012-13 Season, Lakers-Mavs Also in Opener
- Broadcaster Marv Albert Adds to Nets - Knicks Hype
- Bulls Decline to Match Rockets Offer to Center Omer Asik
- Hornets Sign Draft Picks Anthony Davis and Austin Rivers
- Orlando Magic Likely to Retain Dwight Howard
- Melo's Big First Half Sparks USA to Victory Over Spain
- Celtics Beef Up Backcourt with Courtney Lee Acquisition
- NBA to Put Sponsorship Patches on Jerseys
- Nuggets Bring Back Center Javale McGee
- Lakers Bolster Bench: Add Antawn Jamison
- Jeremy Lin a Rocket Again
- Kobe Bryant Calls David Stern's Olympic Proposal 'Stupid'
- Cavaliers Could Land Bynum in Dwight Howard Trade Saga
- The Economy Surrounding Jeremy Lin and Linsanity
- Clippers Add Forward Grant Hill
- Lakers Making Renewed Push for Dwight Howard
- O.J. Mayo Signs with Mavericks
- Kris Humphries Agrees To Two-Year Contract With Nets
- Raptors Trade James Johnson to Kings
- Suns Win Amnesty Bid for Forward Luis Scola
- Hornets Keep Playmaker Eric Gordon
- Rockets Drop Scola, Eye Move for Dwight Howard
- Center Chris Kaman Joins Mavericks for $8M
- Knicks Keeping Lin, Decide to Match Rockets Offer
- Blake Griffin and Clippers Agree on Five-Year, $95M Extension
- Tim Duncan Stays with Spurs for 3 More Years
- Spurs Sign Green and Diaw to Deals
- Dwyane Wade Undergoes Successful Knee Surgery
- United States Announces Final Basketball Roster for London Games
- Hornets Deal for Magic's Ryan Anderson
- Kirk Hinrich Returns to Bulls
- Brandon Roy Signs Two-Year Deal with T-Wolves
- Knicks to Match Rockets Multi-Year Deal Offer to Jeremy Lin
- Sixers Amnesty Elton Brand
- Kidd Leaves Mavericks for Knicks
- Steve Nash Hollywood Bound
Copyright © 2012 AHN. All rights reserved