Jack Wilshere Goal Powers Arsenal Past Swansea City
Jack Wilshere fired a bullet from 20-yard out with just four minutes left in regulation time as Arsenal advanced to the fourth round of the FA Cup with a 1-0 win over Swansea City Wednesday at Emirates Stadium.
Hampered with knee and ankle injuries for over a year, Wilshere delivered the stunning goal in the 86th minute to set Arsenal into the fourth-round duel with Brighton and Hove Albion, who defeated Newcastle United 2-0 to progress in the tournament.
Arsenal's latest FA Cup victory eased the pain of 2-0 drubbing they suffered at the hands of the Manchester City. The win also means the return of the Gunners attacking unit in full force with striker Olivier Giroud back in starting lineup.
Manchester United also advanced to the next round with a 1-0 win over West Ham United. Wayne Rooney struck in the 9th minute and the Red Devils defense did the rest the of the job, holding for a one-goal victory over the Hammers.
Manchester United arranged a fourth-round clash with Fulham, who defeated Blackpool 2-1 in their Tuesday replay.
- Ryan Giggs, Robin van Persie Power Manchester United Past Everton
- Puncheon and Davis Score Early as Southampton Shocks Manchester City
- Europol Looking into Alleged Match-Fixing
- US Women Crush Scotland in Coach Sermanni Debut
- Michael Essien Says La Liga Better than Premier League
- Barcelona Locks in Lionel Messi Up to 2018
- Honduras Stuns United States in FIFA World Cup Qualifier
- AC Milan VP's Racist Slur Against Mario Balotelli Caught on Video
- David Beckham Signs Five-Month Deal with Paris St-Germain
- Den Bosch FC Apologizes to Jozy Altidore for Racist Chants
- AC Milan Acquires Troubled Striker Mario Balotelli from Man City
- Forbes Places Manchester United's Value at $3.3B
- Lionel Messi Scores Four Goals Against Osasuna, Sets Another Record
- Varney, McCormack Score as Leeds Eliminates Tottenham from FA Cup
- Chelsea's Eden Hazard Awaits Further Punishment for Kicking Ballboy
- Landon Donovan Expected to Return to LA Galaxy
- Dempsey Injury-Time Goal Lifts Tottenham Into Tie vs Man United
- Subdued Excitement as South Africa Hosts Africa Cup of Nations
- Pep Guardiola to Coach Bayern Munich
- Jack Wilshere Goal Powers Arsenal Past Swansea City
- Van Persie, Vidic Goals Lead Manchester United Past Liverpool
- Real Madrid Settles for Scoreless Draw with Osasuna
- Michu, Graham Score as Swansea Tops Chelsea in Capital One Cup
- Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Title for Fourth Straight Time
- Liverpool Holds Off Mansfield Town to Advance in FA Cup
- Van Persie Late Goal Lifts Man United into Tie with West Ham
- Mets Interested in Hosting MLS Squad at Citi Field
Copyright © 2013 AHN - All Rights Reserved