AC Milan Acquires Troubled Striker Mario Balotelli from Man City
Serie A powerhouse AC Milan has reached an agreement with Premier League defending champion Manchester City to acquire troubled Italian striker Mario Balotelli.
Milan director Umberto Gandini confirmed that the squad has signed a transfer agreement with City reportedly worth $27 million plus bonuses for Balotelli.
Gandini said a four-and-a-half year deal through 2017 is waiting for Balotelli if he passes the medical Wednesday.
According to reports, the 22-year-old striker's deal is worth 4 million euros or $5.3 million a year plus bonuses.
Barring any unforeseen hitches, Balotelli will end his remarkable but controversy-filled two-and-a-half year stint with Manchester City.
Balotelli will be best remembered for his crucial injury-time pass that set up Sergio Aguero for the dramatic Premier League title-winning goal at the Etihad Stadium last May.
Just recently, Balotelli had to be separated from his manager after he lunged in on Scott Sinclair.
He was also fined by City for his petulant on-pitch behavior which he threatened to challenge at a Premier League tribunal until he finally backed down in December.
Despite his troubles, City manager Roberto Mancini has stood by Balotelli, whom he has paid special attention to since they were together at Inter Milan.
Before his transfer, Balotelli made just two substitute appearances since a woeful performance against Manchester United in December.
- Ryan Giggs, Robin van Persie Power Manchester United Past Everton
- Puncheon and Davis Score Early as Southampton Shocks Manchester City
- Europol Looking into Alleged Match-Fixing
- US Women Crush Scotland in Coach Sermanni Debut
- Michael Essien Says La Liga Better than Premier League
- Barcelona Locks in Lionel Messi Up to 2018
- Honduras Stuns United States in FIFA World Cup Qualifier
- AC Milan VP's Racist Slur Against Mario Balotelli Caught on Video
- David Beckham Signs Five-Month Deal with Paris St-Germain
- Den Bosch FC Apologizes to Jozy Altidore for Racist Chants
- AC Milan Acquires Troubled Striker Mario Balotelli from Man City
- Forbes Places Manchester United's Value at $3.3B
- Lionel Messi Scores Four Goals Against Osasuna, Sets Another Record
- Varney, McCormack Score as Leeds Eliminates Tottenham from FA Cup
- Chelsea's Eden Hazard Awaits Further Punishment for Kicking Ballboy
- Landon Donovan Expected to Return to LA Galaxy
- Dempsey Injury-Time Goal Lifts Tottenham Into Tie vs Man United
- Subdued Excitement as South Africa Hosts Africa Cup of Nations
- Pep Guardiola to Coach Bayern Munich
- Jack Wilshere Goal Powers Arsenal Past Swansea City
- Van Persie, Vidic Goals Lead Manchester United Past Liverpool
- Real Madrid Settles for Scoreless Draw with Osasuna
- Michu, Graham Score as Swansea Tops Chelsea in Capital One Cup
- Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Title for Fourth Straight Time
- Liverpool Holds Off Mansfield Town to Advance in FA Cup
- Van Persie Late Goal Lifts Man United into Tie with West Ham
- Mets Interested in Hosting MLS Squad at Citi Field
Copyright © 2013 AHN. All rights reserved