Rap Star Snoop Lion Plans to Invest in Glasgow Celtic
Snoop Lion, the hip-hop star formerly known as Snoop Dogg, is planning to infuse some financial investment in Scottish Premier League team Glasgow Celtic.
The rapper expressed interest in investing after watching the team beat powerhouse Barcelona in a recent Champions League play.
Snoop called Celtic's victory over Barca "a big deal", adding that he admires the passion of the club's fans.
"I haven't really thought how much (I would invest). I don't need to run a soccer club but enough of a percentage to get me on the board so I can be heard," he told the Daily Record.
Snoop Lion has already done some research and recruiting, asking good friend David Beckham about Glasgow Celtic and even tried to lure the current Los Angeles Galaxy star to play for him if his investment plan pushes through.
"I asked my man David about Celtic and he was like, 'Yeah, teams don't come much bigger.' I would try and sign him up for a season, but he is pretty happy over here," he said.
"L.A. is home for him and his family now -- but I would have to at least make that offer to my boy. We have lunch when we can, so next time, you know, I am going to speak to him about it. Never say never," he added.
The rapper, who changed his name earlier this year, is a known soccer fan and is one of the official spokesmen for EA Sports' "FIFA 13" video game.
Celtic manager Neil Lennon said he would welcome Snoop Lion's investment in the club, provided that he'll be invited to one of the rapper's parties.
"It would be interesting if he did put money in. As long as I got invited to one of his parties, it would be OK," said Lennon before his team's Champions League game against Benfica in Lisbon.
- Manchester United Scores Three Goals in Nine Minutes, Downs QPR
- QPR Fires Mark Hughes, Hires Harry Redknapp as New Skipper
- Former Player Elliott Backs Chelsea Sacking of Di Matteo
- Real Madrid Boots Manchester City Out of Champions League
- Rap Star Snoop Lion Plans to Invest in Glasgow Celtic
- Galaxy - Dynamo arrange MLS Cup final clash
- Houston Dynamo Tops DC United to Advances to MLS Cup Final
- Manchester City Blanks Aston Villa, Grabs Premier League Top Spot
- Twitter Attracts Investments for Spanish Soccer Club Real Oviedo
- Barcelona's Lionel Messi Named Top La Liga Player
- US Soccer Coach Klinsmann Picks Altidore, 19 Others for Friendly
- Dynamo Heats Up in Second Half Tops DC United
- Dzeko 87th-minute Goal Lifts Manchester City Past Tottenham
- Javier Hernandez Sparks Manchester United Past Aston Villa
- Victor Bernardez Free Kick Carries Quakes Past Galaxy
- Own Goals Send Red Bulls-United Showdown to 1-1 Draw
- Van Persie Delivers as Manchester United Takes Top Spot
- Goalkeepers Shine as Real Salt Lake and Seattle Battle to Scoreless Tie
Copyright © 2012 AHN - All Rights Reserved