Super Bowl XLVII MVP Joe Flacco Post-Game Interview
Super Bowl XLVII
New Orleans, LA
Super Bowl XLVII MVP Joe Flacco's post-game interview on the Ravens winning the Super Bowl and more
On how winning the Super Bowl feels
"It hasn't sunk in yet. Crazy. Unbelievable. It's tough to put into words because it really hasn't sunk in yet. I don't even think that it has sunk in that we're here. Pretty cool."
On having no interceptions during the entire playoffs
"People mentioned that to me, but I never asked them what the number was or anything. I just kind of avoided the whole thing, for no reason. It's pretty cool. Joe Montana has been my favorite quarterback, so to be put anywhere next to him is pretty cool."
On touchdown to Jacoby Jones
"Unbelievable. It was third-and-10, so it was a perfect time to run that little pump that we ran. I kind of said to Q (Anquan Boldin), ‘You think we should pump it here?' Right as I was saying that, our coordinators were saying, ‘We're going to pump this.' It was just that perfect depth, third-and-10, just enough so that they could come up and bit on it – think that we're throwing the ball to the sticks. I had to step up and throw the ball on the run and Jacoby (Jones
had great concentration. I didn't want to overthrow him there. He just did a great job coming down with that football and getting in the endzone."
On the 49ers coming back
"You've seen those guys do it. They have the ability to score and score quickly, and that's kind of what they did there. We got it to 28-6 and they were able to put a good drive together. We didn't get anywhere on first, second and third down, we punted it away. We got a good punt return to them. Boom. Next thing you know we turn the ball over. Boom. Games can go like that. That's why you have to take care of the football and get first downs. We have team, that no matter what the situation, we're going to overcome it to the best of our ability. It's kind of fitting that we won like that today."
On the Ravens defensive stand in the final two minutes
"It's unbelievable, especially right after. The 49ers drive all the way down the field and they stop them on four straight downs on the 5-yard line. It's pretty cool. Ray's (Lewis
a great person and everyone knows he's an unbelievable football player, but he's the best teammate. It's unbelievable to send him out like this. The reason for that is, he just wanted us all to feel what it feels like to win this thing. He's felt it, and of course he wanted to feel it again. He really wanted us to feel that and we all made it happen today."
On whether the team was affected with the stadium power loss
"I don't think so. Those things happen and both teams had to deal with it. We came off and they were facing a third-and-14 and we got them stopped and we didn't really do anything with the ball."
On avoiding interceptions
"I don't know. It just happens like that. I don't think I'm a person that throws a lot of picks in general. We played 20 games this year and I think, I've thrown 10 of them. It just happens that way. The team came together and got healthy. We hit our stride right at the right point and that's why we're standing where we are today."
On WR Anquan Boldin
"Awesome man, he came up huge. He did a great job getting open on some of the routes that he had and then we relied on him big time at the end there on one of those third downs. They rotated over the top of him, so you really wouldn't throw that ball too much, but he had a little bit of a separation there and he did a great job going to catch that football. That's a beast right there."
On whether he is happy to be named Super Bowl MVP
"Everybody does man. They have to give it to one guy and I'm not going to complain that I got it."
On his contract situation
"It's cool. We just won a Super Bowl. That's the last thing I'm concerned about, but he did let me know that if the day came, I could go beat on his desk and really put it to him. So that's exactly what I'm going to do."
On the Ravens offense
"That's what the game called for. There were some times where they'd go through. There were some times when they did a good job covering people. You could see that on film. You could see that you would get a pass rush at some point. You knew that you were going to have tight coverage on the receivers. Some of the things just worked out that way. We had to make a couple of tight throws and move around early on – those kept the drives going and allowed us to put those points on the board. That first half ended up being a really big part of the game. This game is crazy. This game always comes down to two-minute drives and that's exactly what it came down to today. We were able to get it done in the first half and these guys came up that short in the game there."
On what he says about the naysayers
"I've never cared. I don't ever want to feel like I'm in a position to defend myself, it's just not right. I don't have to do that. We'll have this thing forever. Everybody on that team will be connected to each other forever and that's something pretty special."
On how the Ravens handled the lights going out in the stadium
"Our team was great. We were just hanging out, getting ready for the game to get started. The funny thing is, the light was actually really good when the lights went out. I don't know what it would have looked like on TV, but I think the receivers still would've been able to see the ball. The biggest issue was with the headsets. I think our headsets were working and I think theirs weren't. There was something discussed there – what we might have to do, if they never come back on. It's just one of those things that happen. You just have to deal with it. I think they were able to get some momentum because they got their offense going a little bit."
On if the way they won seemed fitting
"I think it is fitting that we won that way. We are a tough, blue-collar city and that's the way our games kind of come down. We were up 28-6 and I'm sure a lot of people were nervous but were kind of like, ‘This one might be pretty easy.' And the next thing you know, the Niners get right back into it and play great football and we had to grind it out."
On his mindset during the final minutes
"I was sitting on the bench and I was kind of thinking ‘Man, these guys got it going right now.' Just to be honest, I'm thinking, ‘Eh, those guys are probably going to put the ball in the endzone, and we're going to have to go down and kick a field goal to either tie it or win it.' I was assuming they were probably going to go for two again to try to make it a three-point game. That was what I was getting my mindset ready to do – to go down there and put us in position to score a touchdown or kick a field goal."
On how being in tough situations over the last few years has prepared them for today
"It always helps. It is what really makes and forms a team – a Super Bowl Champion team. We've been put through those situations so when they come up, we don't know if we are going to be successful in them but the bottom line is, the moment doesn't get too big. We are comfortable. We've been there before. We've battled before. We've succeeded before. We are not worried about the outcome. We just go out there and play football, execute and we believe that if we do that, and we do that to our ability, then eventually it is going to work out."
- Michael Vick Agrees to One-Year Restructured Deal with Eagles
- Newly Installed Device Blamed for Superdome Power Outage
- Eagles Plan to Keep Quarterback Michael Vick for Now
- Giants Waive Bradshaw and Canty to Clear Cap Space
- Ex-Saints Assistant Gregg Williams Reinstated, Joins Titans Coaching Staff
- Vikings RB Adrian Peterson Undergoes Surgery for Sports Hernia
- Ravens Celebrate Super Bowl XLVII Victory with Parade
- If Selected, Santa Clara Assures Power-Outage Free Super Bowl 50
- Joe Flacco, Justin Tucker Carry Ravens Past 49ers in Super Bowl XLVII
- Super Bowl XLVII Game Summary
- Flacco Named Super Bowl XLVII Most Valuable Player
- Jacoby Jones Has Record Night in Hometown Super Bowl
- Harbaugh: We've Got Resolve, That's Why We Won
- Super Bowl XLVII Ravens Head Coach John Harbaugh Post-Game Comments
- 49ers Coach: 'It Was a Heck of a Football Game'
- 49ers Head Coach Jim Harbaugh Post-Game Comments
- Super Bowl XLVII MVP Flacco: It's Pretty Cool
- Super Bowl XLVII MVP Joe Flacco Post-Game Interview
- Ravens QB Joe Flacco Caught Swearing on TV During Super Bowl Celebration
- Ravens John Harbaugh on the Turning Point of Super Bowl XLVII
- Video: Half of Super Dome Loses Power!
- Top Super Bowl XLVII Ads
- Unsung Heroes: Super Bowl XLVII
- Big-Time Moments from Super Bowl XLVII
- Playboy Super Bowl Party
- USA Today Picks Best Super Bowl XLVII Ads
- Super Bowl XLVII Commercials: Samsung - Rudd vs Rogen
- Super Bowl XLVII Commercials: Tide's Joe Montana Miracle Stain
- Go Daddy: 'The Kiss' Super Bowl XLVII TV Commercial
- Beyonce Reunites with Destiny's Child During Super Bowl XLVII Halftime Performance
- Jennifer Hudson and Alicia Keys Tweet About Super Bowl XLVII Performance
- Super Bowl XLVII: Records Set and Tied
- Jell-O: Still Sweet Delights for Losing Super Bowl XLVII Team's Fans
- Oh Brother! Coaching Harbaughs Downplay Super Bowl XLVII Rivalry
- Super Bowl XLVII Preview: Baltimore Ravens vs San Francisco 49ers
- How the Ravens Broke Through
- James Brown Breaks Down Super Bowl XLVII
- The Super Bowl for Dummies
- Ravens Practice Pool Report - Jan 31, 2013
- 49ers Practice Pool Report - Jan 31, 2013
- Super Bowl XLVII Commercials Preview
- What Does a Super Bowl Ad Cost?
- Super Bowl XLVII Commercials: E-Trade Baby Has Time of His Life
- Super Bowl XLVII Commercials: Go Daddy - Refaeli's Serious Lip-Lock with a Nerd
- Super Bowl XLVII Commercials: Teaser Super Bowl Ads Add Hype
- Super Bowl XLVII Commercials: Rogen and Rudd's Ideas Stifled in Super Bowl Ad
- Behind-the-scenes of Got Milk's First Super Bowl Ad
- Doritos Crash the Superbowl Contest
- Best Super Bowl XLVII Ads Preview
- Super Bowl XLVII Commercials: Big Money SBXLVII Ads
- Nantz and Simms on Calling Super Bowl XLVII
- Ravens react to Ray Lewis PED story
- Ravens Practice Pool Report - Jan 30, 2013
- 49ers Practice Pool Report - Jan 30, 2013
- 49ers Randy Moss Unhappy in His Role
- Super Bowl Rings on Display at the NFL Experience
- NFL Intensifies Crackdown, Nets $13.6M Worth of Fake Merchandise
- Packers Wide Receiver Donald Driver Announces Retirement
- 49ers Cornerback Culliver Against Having Gay Teammates
- Carolina Panthers Ask State for $62M for Stadium Renovation
- Falcons Want Tight End Tony Gonzalez to Forgo Retirement
- Joe Flacco in Hot Water for 'Winter Bowl' Comment
- Kickers Could Play Major Role in Super Bowl
- 49ers Cool and Calm During Super Bowl Media Day
- Talking with the 49ers at Super Bowl Media Day
- Weirdest Super Bowl Prop Bets
- Placing Bets on the Super Bowl
- Coach Speak: 'D' the Key for 49ers
- Viral Video: Celebrity genie in Toyota's Super Bowl Spot
- Is Volkswagen's Super Bowl Ad Racist?
- Super Bowl XLVII: Ravens Coach Harbaugh on Media Day
- Ravens' Flacco on Super Bowl XLVII
- Ravens Linebacker Ray Lewis Denies Using PEDs to Heal Torn Triceps
- Majority of NFL Players Unhappy with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell
- Hits, Fines at Issue: Ravens Pollard Sees NFL's Demise in 30 years
- Bettors Put Their Money on 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick
- Niners Wideout Michael Crabtree Won't Face Sex Assault Charges
- Wideout Titus Young Continues Twitter Rant vs Lions
- NFL Pressured Man to Give Up 'Harbowl' Trademark
- Joe Flacco Answers His Critics
- Can the 49ers Contain Ray Rice?
- Kaepernick on Tattoos, Alex Smith and His New Verb
- 49ers Quarterback Gives Back To Hometown of Turlock
- Baltimore Has Purple Fever, And Only Prescription is More Ravens
- Ravens Preparing for Matchup With 49ers
- 49er Fever
- Harbaugh Family Talks Brother vs Brother Super Bowl
- Harbaugh Family Reacts to Brothers Coaching Super Bowl Teams
- Ravens Ozzie Newsome on Ray Lewis
- Super Bowl XLVII Predictions
- Superbowl Commercial Season Starts Pre-Game
- Dog Tries to Win Doritos Super Bowl Contest
- Kate Upton's Sexy Super Bowl Ad
- Super Bowl Ads: The Best and The Worst
- Ravens Safety Ed Reed to Play Next Season
- Cap-Strapped Jets May Be Forced to Trade Darrelle Revis
Copyright © 2013 iHaveNet