49ers Head Coach Jim Harbaugh Post-Game Comments
Super Bowl XLVII
New Orleans, LA
49ers Head Coach Jim Harbaugh Post-Game comments and reflections on the outcome of Super Bowl XLVII
On the outcome of the game
"We want to handle this with class and grace. Had several opportunities in the game. Didn't play our best game. Ravens made a lot of plays. Our guys battled back to get back in it. We competed and battled to win. Yes, there's no question in my mind that there was a pass interference and then a hold on (Michael) Crabtree on the last one."
On what he told his team after the power outage
"Just alerted them of the time and to stay loose."
On Colin Kaepernick's game
"I think he was making good throws the entire game. There was one that got a little high. Again, in my opinion, that series should have continued."
On the power outage
"I don't know what the percentage it affected us was."
On using the timeout in the final series
"I felt the clock was running down and we weren't going to be able to get it off."
On Joe Flacco
"Joe got out of some sack situations, but then we had a chance to get him wrapped up. He was pretty slippery in those situations. Threw the ball up for grabs two or three times. They made plays on the ball."
On Chris Culliver's pass interference call
"The interference on Chris? Didn't thank that was an interference. You're talking about the one that extended their drive when they made their second-to-last drive with the ball? Didn't see that as…"
On Chris Culliver's play overall
"I think he did fine."
On LaMichael James' fumble
"He was battling for yards, battling to get it back to the line of scrimmage. We didn't win the turnover battle. "
On the illegal formation on the first play
"There were some big penalties. The 5-yard variety really hurt us in the game. The first play of the game and the two off-sides that extended drives."
On the safety
"Still haven't gotten an explanation on the safety. It was obviously the intent of the Ravens to tackle and hold him, but not one holding flag came out. It's a good scheme on their part to hold as many people as they can and you teach them just to tackle when you're taking a safety like that, but not one holding penalty was called. I haven't gotten an explanation. Again, I realize I'm on the side of the 49ers, I'm the coach of the 49ers. I probably have some bias there. In my mind, I thought it was obvious. That's not the way they saw it.
On the effect of the power outage
"I thought out guys battled, they competed. We got a spark and we weren't going to look back after that. I thought we battled right to the brink of winning. It was a heck of a football game."
On what he said to John Harbaugh after the game
"Congratulations. And that I was proud of him."
On what John Harbaugh said to him after the game
"I think the same thing."
On why Frank Gore didn't get the ball on the final four snaps
"We had other plays called."
The Baltimore Ravens topped the San Francisco 49ers 34-31 in the Super Bowl. The game was a closely-fought battle that started out looking like a blowout until it was interrupted by a blackout
Harbaugh Brothers Stage Dramatic Super Bowl
- Michael Vick Agrees to One-Year Restructured Deal with Eagles
- Newly Installed Device Blamed for Superdome Power Outage
- Eagles Plan to Keep Quarterback Michael Vick for Now
- Giants Waive Bradshaw and Canty to Clear Cap Space
- Ex-Saints Assistant Gregg Williams Reinstated, Joins Titans Coaching Staff
- Vikings RB Adrian Peterson Undergoes Surgery for Sports Hernia
- Ravens Celebrate Super Bowl XLVII Victory with Parade
- If Selected, Santa Clara Assures Power-Outage Free Super Bowl 50
- Joe Flacco, Justin Tucker Carry Ravens Past 49ers in Super Bowl XLVII
- Super Bowl XLVII Game Summary
- Flacco Named Super Bowl XLVII Most Valuable Player
- Jacoby Jones Has Record Night in Hometown Super Bowl
- Harbaugh: We've Got Resolve, That's Why We Won
- Super Bowl XLVII Ravens Head Coach John Harbaugh Post-Game Comments
- 49ers Coach: 'It Was a Heck of a Football Game'
- 49ers Head Coach Jim Harbaugh Post-Game Comments
- Super Bowl XLVII MVP Flacco: It's Pretty Cool
- Super Bowl XLVII MVP Joe Flacco Post-Game Interview
- Ravens QB Joe Flacco Caught Swearing on TV During Super Bowl Celebration
- Ravens John Harbaugh on the Turning Point of Super Bowl XLVII
- Video: Half of Super Dome Loses Power!
- Top Super Bowl XLVII Ads
- Unsung Heroes: Super Bowl XLVII
- Big-Time Moments from Super Bowl XLVII
- Playboy Super Bowl Party
- USA Today Picks Best Super Bowl XLVII Ads
- Super Bowl XLVII Commercials: Samsung - Rudd vs Rogen
- Super Bowl XLVII Commercials: Tide's Joe Montana Miracle Stain
- Go Daddy: 'The Kiss' Super Bowl XLVII TV Commercial
- Beyonce Reunites with Destiny's Child During Super Bowl XLVII Halftime Performance
- Jennifer Hudson and Alicia Keys Tweet About Super Bowl XLVII Performance
- Super Bowl XLVII: Records Set and Tied
- Jell-O: Still Sweet Delights for Losing Super Bowl XLVII Team's Fans
- Oh Brother! Coaching Harbaughs Downplay Super Bowl XLVII Rivalry
- Super Bowl XLVII Preview: Baltimore Ravens vs San Francisco 49ers
- How the Ravens Broke Through
- James Brown Breaks Down Super Bowl XLVII
- The Super Bowl for Dummies
- Ravens Practice Pool Report - Jan 31, 2013
- 49ers Practice Pool Report - Jan 31, 2013
- Super Bowl XLVII Commercials Preview
- What Does a Super Bowl Ad Cost?
- Super Bowl XLVII Commercials: E-Trade Baby Has Time of His Life
- Super Bowl XLVII Commercials: Go Daddy - Refaeli's Serious Lip-Lock with a Nerd
- Super Bowl XLVII Commercials: Teaser Super Bowl Ads Add Hype
- Super Bowl XLVII Commercials: Rogen and Rudd's Ideas Stifled in Super Bowl Ad
- Behind-the-scenes of Got Milk's First Super Bowl Ad
- Doritos Crash the Superbowl Contest
- Best Super Bowl XLVII Ads Preview
- Super Bowl XLVII Commercials: Big Money SBXLVII Ads
- Nantz and Simms on Calling Super Bowl XLVII
- Ravens react to Ray Lewis PED story
- Ravens Practice Pool Report - Jan 30, 2013
- 49ers Practice Pool Report - Jan 30, 2013
- 49ers Randy Moss Unhappy in His Role
- Super Bowl Rings on Display at the NFL Experience
- NFL Intensifies Crackdown, Nets $13.6M Worth of Fake Merchandise
- Packers Wide Receiver Donald Driver Announces Retirement
- 49ers Cornerback Culliver Against Having Gay Teammates
- Carolina Panthers Ask State for $62M for Stadium Renovation
- Falcons Want Tight End Tony Gonzalez to Forgo Retirement
- Joe Flacco in Hot Water for 'Winter Bowl' Comment
- Kickers Could Play Major Role in Super Bowl
- 49ers Cool and Calm During Super Bowl Media Day
- Talking with the 49ers at Super Bowl Media Day
- Weirdest Super Bowl Prop Bets
- Placing Bets on the Super Bowl
- Coach Speak: 'D' the Key for 49ers
- Viral Video: Celebrity genie in Toyota's Super Bowl Spot
- Is Volkswagen's Super Bowl Ad Racist?
- Super Bowl XLVII: Ravens Coach Harbaugh on Media Day
- Ravens' Flacco on Super Bowl XLVII
- Ravens Linebacker Ray Lewis Denies Using PEDs to Heal Torn Triceps
- Majority of NFL Players Unhappy with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell
- Hits, Fines at Issue: Ravens Pollard Sees NFL's Demise in 30 years
- Bettors Put Their Money on 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick
- Niners Wideout Michael Crabtree Won't Face Sex Assault Charges
- Wideout Titus Young Continues Twitter Rant vs Lions
- NFL Pressured Man to Give Up 'Harbowl' Trademark
- Joe Flacco Answers His Critics
- Can the 49ers Contain Ray Rice?
- Kaepernick on Tattoos, Alex Smith and His New Verb
- 49ers Quarterback Gives Back To Hometown of Turlock
- Baltimore Has Purple Fever, And Only Prescription is More Ravens
- Ravens Preparing for Matchup With 49ers
- 49er Fever
- Harbaugh Family Talks Brother vs Brother Super Bowl
- Harbaugh Family Reacts to Brothers Coaching Super Bowl Teams
- Ravens Ozzie Newsome on Ray Lewis
- Super Bowl XLVII Predictions
- Superbowl Commercial Season Starts Pre-Game
- Dog Tries to Win Doritos Super Bowl Contest
- Kate Upton's Sexy Super Bowl Ad
- Super Bowl Ads: The Best and The Worst
- Ravens Safety Ed Reed to Play Next Season
- Cap-Strapped Jets May Be Forced to Trade Darrelle Revis
Copyright © 2013 iHaveNet