Todd Archer - ESPNDallas.com
Super Bowl XLV
DALLAS, Texas -- The Green Bay Packers concluded their final preparations for Super Bowl XLV on Saturday morning at the team's Omni Mandalay Hotel in Irving, Texas, with separate jog-throughs for the defense and the offense, totaling 41 minutes.
In the Salon D ballroom, defensive coordinator Dom Capers ran through a series of defensive calls in a 27-minute session, covering all kinds of down-and-distance as well as time-and-score situations. Offensive coordinator Joe Philbin put the offense through a 14-minute session going over some final corrections. When completed the players chanted and clapped before breaking up for the day.
"I really liked today's schedule because finally this gets you back on the routine you've been on for the last five years," head coach Mike McCarthy said. "We've had an opportunity for our final corrections in our meetings. The coordinators have given their last message to each unit and they had their final walkthrough, like we always do. They're done for today and we'll have a team meeting tonight."
Wide receiver Donald Driver (quadriceps) took part in the jog-through, while linebacker Erik Walden, who is listed as questionable for Sunday's game with an ankle injury, stood next to outside linebackers coach Kevin Greene during the defensive walkthrough.
"Erik's going to have to show us something before the game," McCarthy said. "Obviously we're going over early, 2 o'clock, so we'll have a decision right there at the deadline."
Unlike Pittsburgh, the Packers will remain at the hotel they have called home since arriving on Monday, on Saturday night.
"I've received feedback from clubs that have left the hotel and stayed," McCarthy said. "Seeking routine and consistency in how we've operated in the past, I chose to stay in the same hotel. I've heard positives from both sides."
Following the jog-through the players were off until an 8:30 p.m. chapel and 9 p.m. team meeting. McCarthy will hold his final team meeting at 10:30 a.m. on Sunday before the team heads to Cowboys Stadium.
"This is their time," McCarthy said.
McCarthy said will have a guest speaker at Saturday's team meeting but he did want to divulge who that will be.
"To me the preparation stress has just left the building," McCarthy said. "I think it's very important to put the players in a mental state where their mind is clear and it's time for them to prepare themselves for the game. We'll have our team meeting. We'll have a strong message tonight then our snack will follow ... I'll give them the final message at 10:30 in the morning."
- Rodgers That! Lombardi Trophy Heads Home to Titletown
- Aaron Rodgers Voted Super Bowl XLV MVP
- Super Bowl Records Set or Tied in Super Bowl XLV
- Super Bowl XLV: Play-By-Play
- Box Score and Statistics
- Super Bowl XLV Preview
- Pittsburgh Steelers Practice Report - 2/5/2011
- Green Bay Packers Practice Report - 2/5/2011
- Green Bay Packers Practice Report - 2/4/2011
- Pittsburgh Steelers Practice Report - 2/4/2011
- Pittsburgh Steelers Practice Report - 2/3/2011
- Green Bay Packers Practice Report - 2/3/2011
- Green Bay Packers Practice Report - 2/2/2011
- Pittsburgh Steelers Practice Report - 2/2/2011
- Super Bowl XLV Capsules
- A Look at the Steeler's 6 Historic Super Bowl Victories
- Super Bowl History, Games, Recaps, MVPs, Statistics & Scores
- NFL's Fantastic Four Ready For Championship Weekend
- AFC and NFC Championship Weekend: What to Look For
- NFL Final Eight Take Center Stage in Divisional Playoffs
- What To Look For: Divisional Playoffs
- NFL 2010 Wildcard Weekend Preview
- NFL 2010 Regular Season Had It All
- All On The Line in Final Weekend of NFL Regular Season
- NFL Playoff Scenarios For Week 17
- NFL Teams Aim to Finish Strong In Push to Playoffs
NFL 2010 Conference Championships Results
Green Bay Packers 21, CHICAGO BEARS 14
PITTSBURGH STEELERS 24, NY Jets 19
NFL 2010 Divisional Weekend Playoff Results
PITTSBURGH 31, Baltimore 24
CHICAGO 34, Seattle 24
Green Bay 48, ATLANTA 21
New York Jets 28, NEW ENGLAND 21
NFL 2010 Wildcard Weekend Playoff Results
SEATTLE 41, New Orleans 36
Baltimore 30, KANSAS CITY 7
New York Jets 17, INDIANAPOLIS 16
Green Bay 21, PHILADELPHIA 16