Super Bowl XLV
DALLAS, Texas -- Coach Mike McCarthy called his Packers "loose but confident" Friday afternoon following their last on-field practice before Super Bowl XLV against the Steelers.
"We've had an opportunity to go over every situation twice for our game plan, so we're ready to go," he said before departing Highland Park High School's indoor practice facility. "The one thing you want to see in your football team is that the players have maintained confidence throughout the process. Our guys have done that. They totally believe what's in front of them. They believe in what they've seen on film. We respect Pittsburgh, but we feel that this is our time and Sunday will be our night."
The Packers listed everyone but linebacker Erik Walden as probable for the game. Walden, who is recovering from an ankle sprain sustained two weeks ago in the NFC Championship Game at Chicago, will be listed as questionable.
"We'll take Erik up the game and see what happens," McCarthy said. "I have a good feel for what he can and cannot do. Sunday I'm going to trust him and the medical staff to make that call."
Frank Zombo would start if Walden is unable to play or limited.
Wideout Donald Driver was held out of team drills for the second consecutive day because of a quadriceps strain, but he's expected to play. Driver participated in the team's jog-through early Friday morning and was part of the kickoff return's "hands" team during practice.
Green Bay took its team photo at Highland Park High shortly before starting the 47-minute workout. Everyone was in attendance, including the players who are on injured reserve.
Before starting practice, McCarthy followed Friday tradition by having an assistant coach address the team. This time it was linebackers coach (and former Steeler) Kevin Greene, who spoke for 5 minutes as the players encircled him in the middle of the synthetic turf field.
When he finished, each player raised a hand to form a human umbrella. They broke the huddle by yelling: "Pack".
The practice, which focused on special teams and 11-on-11 team competition with noise pumped in through speakers, was roughly half the length of a normal Friday workout. McCarthy said it was by design because the team went longer than usual in their previous "Friday" workout in Green Bay (last Sunday).
"I feel good about preparation," he said. "I thought today was sharp."
The Packers will conduct a final jog-through Saturday morning at their team hotel in Las Colinas.
NFL 2010 Conference Championships Results
Green Bay Packers 21, CHICAGO BEARS 14
PITTSBURGH STEELERS 24, NY Jets 19
NFL 2010 Divisional Weekend Playoff Results
PITTSBURGH 31, Baltimore 24
CHICAGO 34, Seattle 24
Green Bay 48, ATLANTA 21
New York Jets 28, NEW ENGLAND 21
NFL 2010 Wildcard Weekend Playoff Results
SEATTLE 41, New Orleans 36
Baltimore 30, KANSAS CITY 7
New York Jets 17, INDIANAPOLIS 16
Green Bay 21, PHILADELPHIA 16
- Rodgers That! Lombardi Trophy Heads Home to Titletown
- Aaron Rodgers Voted Super Bowl XLV MVP
- Super Bowl Records Set or Tied in Super Bowl XLV
- Super Bowl XLV: Play-By-Play
- Box Score and Statistics
- Super Bowl XLV Preview
- Green Bay Packers Practice Report - 2/5/2011
- Pittsburgh Steelers Practice Report - 2/5/2011
- Pittsburgh Steelers Practice Report - 2/4/2011
- Green Bay Packers Practice Report - 2/4/2011
- Pittsburgh Steelers Practice Report - 2/3/2011
- Green Bay Packers Practice Report - 2/3/2011
- Green Bay Packers Practice Report - 2/2/2011
- Pittsburgh Steelers Practice Report - 2/2/2011
- Super Bowl XLV Capsules
- A Look at the Steeler's 6 Historic Super Bowl Victories
- Super Bowl History, Games, Recaps, MVPs, Statistics & Scores
- NFL's Fantastic Four Ready For Championship Weekend
- AFC and NFC Championship Weekend: What to Look For
- NFL Final Eight Take Center Stage in Divisional Playoffs
- What To Look For: Divisional Playoffs
- NFL 2010 Wildcard Weekend Preview
- NFL 2010 Regular Season Had It All
- All On The Line in Final Weekend of NFL Regular Season
- NFL Playoff Scenarios For Week 17
- NFL Teams Aim to Finish Strong In Push to Playoffs