Super Bowl XLVI: Giants vs Patriots
The spiritual side of football has never been more apparent than during this season with the very public display of religious devotion and God-giving gratitude displayed by the iconic Tim Tebow.
The Denver Bronco's quarterback won't be playing at Super Bowl XLVI on Feb. 5 in Indianapolis. No, this year's big game pits the New England Patriots against the New York Giants in what is expected to be the most watched game in television history.
One can safely bet that many prayers will be said, a few "hail Mary" passes will be tossed, and promises will be made that almost certainly will never kept in a bid to have the favorite team take home the coveted trophy and title. A few other choice words are also bound to be uttered.
But, when the winner emerges, and the thanks begin, odds are that God and family will be remembered first.
According to the online betting site Sportsbook.com, the odds that the player selected as MVP will thank God are 5-4; his teammates, 2-1; he doesn't thank anyone, 5-2; his coaches 4-1; and the odds he will thank his family are the long shot at 5-1.
The odds that the winning coach will thank his team are 2-3; the odds he thanks God are 6-5; that he thanks his coaching staff and owner are 4-1; the odds he doesn't thank anyone are 8-1, the same as the odds that he thanks his family.
- Super again! Giants Take Title in Squeaker over Patriots
- Elite Eli Named Super Bowl XLVI MVP
- Eli Manning Walks the Walk
- Giants Head Coach Tom Coughlin on Winning
- Eli Manning News Conference
- Cars, Canines and Kids Rule Super Bowl Ads
- Madonna: Queen of Super Bowl XLVI
- Finger 'Malfunction' Flap at Super Bowl
- Americans Consume 1.25 Billion Wings During Super Bowl
- Super Bowl XLVI Most-Watched TV Show Of All Time
- Super Bowl XLVI Game Summary
- Hour-Long Walk-Through Caps Patriots Practice
- Giants Ahmad Bradshaw Held Out of Friday's Practice
- Gronkowski Return Highlights Patriots Super Bowl XLVI Practice
- Manning On Target Throughout Giants Second Super Bowl Practice
- Super Bowl XLVI by the Numbers
- Oddsmakers Favor God, Family for Super Bowl Thanks
- Hottest 2012 Super Bowl Souvenir is a Hand-Knit Scarf
- Joe Namath Feels 'Awful' About Fraying Jets Bond
- Super Bowl XLVI Preview
- Super Bowl XLVI Game Capsules
- Getting To Super Bowl XLVI Last Minute Costs Plenty
- Giants Safety Rolle Confident in Super Bowl Chances
- 15 Percent Would Miss Birth of Child for Super Bowl
- Tynes Time: 31 Yard Field Goal Lifts Giants Over Niners in OT
- Patriots Survive: Advance to Super Bowl with Win Over Ravens
- Playoff Records, Facts, Figures and Milestones
- Regular Season Records and Milestones
- Record-Breaking Regular Season Had It All
- Super Bowl Ads Sold Out
Copyright 2012, AHN - All Rights Reserved