Seahawks Blast Redskins in NFC Wild-Card Game
Marshawn Lynch covered 132 yards on 20 carries and the Seattle Seahawks put up 24 unanswered points to beat the Washington Redskins in the NFC wild-card game Sunday at FedEx Field.
The Seahawks finally recorded their first postseason win away from home after nine consecutive tries, rallying behind an excellent effort from both their offensive and defensive units.
Washington drew the first blood as rookie sensation Robert Griffin III delivered two TD passes to give the Redskins a 14-0 lead at the end of the first quarter.
However, Seattle came back in a big way in the succeeding quarter as Steven Hauschka converted two FG kicks and Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson hooked up with Michael Robinson for a 4-yard TD play. The Seahawks' second quarter rally put them within a single point, 14-13, at the break.
The game became rougher in the third as both teams leaned on their defenses to foil scoring opportunities, setting up a nail-biting fourth quarter.
Defense continued to dominate in the fourth quarter until Lynch broke loose and scored a pivotal 27-yard TD run with 7:08 remaining. Hauschka then converted a 22-yard FG kick two minutes later to crush the Redskins' hopes for good.
Wilson completed 15-for-26 for 187 yards with one TD and ran 8 times for 67 yards in his first playoff game. Griffin fizzled after a fast start as he completed 10-for-19 for 84 yards with two TDs and one interception.
Sunday's game result arranged an NFC division playoffs showdown between the Seahawks and the top-seeded Atlanta Falcons next weekend.
Game Recap of the Seahawks Redskins game
- Tom Brady Says Patriots Can Adjust Minus Injured Tight End Rob Gronkowski
- Ravens Linebacker Ayanbadejo Sparks 'Word War' with Patriots
- Tom Brady and Shane Vereen Lead Patriots Back to AFC Title Game
- Matt Bryant Field Goal Lifts Falcons Over Seahawks into NFC Title Game
- Colin Kaepernick Leads 49ers Past Packers into NFC Title Game
- 'Flacco Fling' Helps Ravens Stun Broncos
- Nate Silver Picks Seahawks vs Patriots for Super Bowl XLVII
- Ex-Jets Assistant Mike Westhoff Says Tim Tebow Situation a 'Mess'
- Michael Strahan Among 15 Finalists for Pro Football Hall of Fame
- Ex-Panthers Assistant Rob Chudzinski Gets Browns Coaching Job
- Seahawks Rookie Defensive End Bruce Irvin Gets Start vs Falcons
- Mike Mularkey Out as Jaguars Coach
- Cowboys Hire Defensive Coordinator
- Eagles Interested in Notre Dame Coach Brian Kelly
- Mike Pettine Hired as Buffalo Bills Defensive Coordinator
- Chargers Name Tom Telesco New General Manager
- Ex-Falcons Personnel Director David Caldwell Named Jaguars GM
- NFL Final Eight Take Center Stage in Divisional Playoffs
- NFC Divisional Playoffs Preview: Packers at 49ers
- NFC Divisional Playoffs Preview: Seahawks at Falcons
- AFC Divisional Playoffs Preview: Ravens at Broncos
- AFC Divisional Playoffs Preview: Texans at Patriots
- Cowboys Dismiss Rob Ryan as Defensive Coordinator
- Tony Sparano Out as New York Jets Offensive Coordinator
- Robert Griffin III Suffered Partial Tear of Two Ligaments in Right Knee
- Seahawks Blast Redskins in NFC Wild-Card Game
- Boldin and Flacco Carry Ravens Past Colts in AFC Wild-Card Game
- Bills Select Syracuse's Doug Marrone as New Head Coach
- Chip Kelly to Stay with Oregon
- Aaron Rodgers Powers Packers Past Vikings in NFC Wild-Card Game
- Arian Foster Lifts Texans to AFC Wild-Card Win Over Bengals
- Post Lovie Smith, Bears Eye CFL's Marc Trestman as Head Coach
- Panthers Retain Ron Rivera as Head Coach
- Chiefs Reach Agreement with Andy Reid as Next Head Coach
- LSU Safety Eric Reid To Forego Senior Year, Enter NFL Draft
- Wild Card Weekend Preview: It's Playoff Time
- Wild Card Weekend Preview: Cincinnati Bengals at Houston Texans
- Wild Card Weekend Preview: Minnesota Vikings at Green Bay Packers
- Wild Card Weekend Preview: Indianapolis Colts at Baltimore Ravens
- Wild Card Weekend Preview: Seattle Seahawks at Washington Redskins
- NFL 'Super Season' Kicks Off
- Best NFL Playoff Performances
- What to Look For: Wild Card Weekend
- Chiefs Expected to Hire Andy Reid as Head Coach
- Kansas City Chiefs Hold First Pick in 2013 NFL Draft
- NFL 2012 Regular Season in Review
- 2012 NFL Records and Milestones
- Ravens Linebacker Ray Lewis to Retire After 17 Years
- 49ers Seek Alternative to Kicker Akers, Waive Jacobs
- Titans Stick with Coach Mike Munchak, Fire GM Mike Reinfeldt
- Chargers Dismiss Head Coach Norv Turner, GM AJ Smith
- Cardinals Fire Ken Whisenhunt, GM Rod Graves
- Bears Fire Coach Lovie Smith
- Eagles Fire Longtime Coach Andy Reid
- Jets Fire GM Mike Tannenbaum
Copyright © 2013 iHaveNet.com