New York, NY
New York Jets quarterback Tim Tebow has been voted the most overrated player in the National Football League just months after he was named one of the 100 best football players in the league.
34 percent of a total 180 NFL players believe Tebow is the most overrated player in the league with teammate and Jets starting quarterback Mark Sanchez tied at second with Cowboys quarterback Tony Roma by getting 8 percent of the total votes.
Jets head coach Rex Ryan made fun out of the latest pool, claiming that he's still happy despite playing with two of the most overrated NFL players on his team.
"Wow, what are you going to say?" Ryan told ESPN. "I don't know how to comment on that. I just know I'm happy they're on my football team -- on our football team. Seems like the Jets always get something, you know?"
In May, the NFL Network ranked Tebow at no.95 spot in the list of Top 100 players in the NFL.
However, Tebow's ranking was then attributed for his performance with the Denver Broncos - the team he led to a post-season win after a decade but eventually traded him to the Jets in the offseason.
With the Jets, Tebow covered only 32 yards this season in a total of only 55 snaps. He is often used in the Jets wildcats formation but his status as a backup quarterback for Sanchez makes his life toughter for the former Florida Gators star.
- As NFL Season Reaches Midpoint, Plenty of Exciting Football Remains
- What to Look For NFL 2012 Week 9
- Giants Look to Provide Fans with Respite from Hurricane Sandy
- NFL, Players Pledge $1M for Sandy Relief, Recovery Efforts
- No-Huddle Tactics
- Interconference Showdowns on Tap for Week 9
- The Week That Was: NFL 2012 Week 8
- Alex Smith's Near-Flawless Effort Helps 49ers Rock Cardinals
- Rex Ryan Stands by Sanchez as Jets Starting Quarterback
- Peyton Manning Leads Broncos Over Saints
- Gould Kicks Game-Winning Field Goal as Bears Edge Panthers
- Big Ben Throws Three Touchdown Passes; Steelers Rip Redskins
- Richardson Scores Lone TD, Carries Browns Over Chargers 7-6
- Patriots Owner Kraft Believes London Ready for Own NFL team
- Josh Freeman and Doug Martin Carry Bucs Past Vikings
- Tim Tebow Voted Most Overrated Player in the NFL
- NFL 2012 Week 8 Preview: Great Games and Close Finishes
- NFL 2012 Week 8 Preview: What To Look For
- NFC Rookies Making Their Mark
- AFC Rookies Reaching New Heights
- Warren Moon Questions Criticism of Cam Newton
- Ahmad Bradshaw Explains Argument with Tom Coughlin
- Chiefs Drop Cassel as Starting Quarterback, Promote Quinn
- Brandon Marshall and Robbie Gould Key Bears Win Over Lions
- Chris Rainey Lifts Injury-Depleted Steelers Past Bengals
- Stephen Gostkowski Boots Game-Winner as Patriots Top Jets
- To Tebow or Not to Tebow?
- Panthers Fire GM Marty Hurney; Carolina Off to 1-5 Start
- Luck Runs for 2 TDs as Colts Edge Browns
- Goodell Taps Ex-NFL Commish Tagliabue for Bounty Program Case
- 'Tebowing' Gets Trademarked
- Alex Smith and David Akers Lead 49ers Past Seahawks
- Tim Tebow Could Take Running Back Post vs Patriots
- Beyoncé to Perform During Pepsi Super Bowl XLVII Halftime Show
- NFL will Play Two Games in United Kingdom in 2013
Copyright © 2012 iHaveNet.com