Tampa Bay, FL
The NFL has suspended Tampa Bay Buccaneers cornerback Aqib Talib four games for using banned substance Adderall.
Talib said he will not appeal the ban, which starts Sunday when the Bucs take on the Kansas City Chiefs. He will be eligible to return to the Buccaneers' active roster on November 5.
"Around the beginning of training camp, I made a mistake by taking an Adderall pill without a prescription," Talib said in a statement.
"This is especially regrettable because, for the past several months, with Coach Schiano's help, I've worked very hard to improve myself -- professionally and personally -- as a player and a man. I am truly sorry to my teammates, coaches and Buccaneers fans, and I'm disappointed in myself," he added.
Talib promised to keep himself in football shape during the suspension to be ready to help the Bucs in the second half of the season.
Bucs head coach Greg Schiano placed Talib on the reserve/suspended list and promoted defensive end Markus White to the 53-man roster from the team's practice squad.
"I have spoken with Aqib, and he knows that he made a poor decision that let our team down," Schiano said. "Certainly, other players will have the opportunity to step up while he serves this suspension."
The suspension was the second for Talib, who was also suspended without pay for the 2010 regular-season opener and also fined one additional game check for violating the league's personal conduct policy.
That discipline stemmed from an altercation with a St. Petersburg cab driver during training camp in August 2009.
- Broncos Rebound from 24-Point Deficit to Down Chargers
- Frustration Leads Eagles to Bicker Among Themselves
- Rodgers Six Scoring Strikes Help Packers Hand Texans First Loss
- Robert Griffin III Leads Redskins Past Vikings
- Browns Tame Bengals, Snap 11-Game Losing Streak
- NFL Suspends Bucs Cornerback Talib Four Games for Adderall Use
- Word War Between Coaches Heats Up 49ers - Giants Clash
- Niners Corner Rogers Drops Salsa Act To Respect Cruz Grandma
- Turnaround Teams Abound as NFL 2012 Enters Week 6
- Chicago Bears Defense Off to Historic Start
- Year Two: The Second Time Around
- Browns Linebacker Fujita Criticizes Goodell for 'Abuse of Power'
- The Week That Was -- NFL 2012 Week 5
- Arian Foster Stars as Texans Beat Jets
- Drew Brees Breaks Unitas' Record as Saints Clinch First Win
- Patriots Use Running Game to Beat Broncos
- Eli Manning, Ahmad Bradshaw Lead Giants Past Browns
- Sam Bradford Throws Pair of TD Passes as Rams Topple Cardinals
- NFL 2012 Week 5: NFL Season Enters Second Quarter
- Broncos-Patriots Clash Features All-Time QB Greats
- 47 and Counting: Brees Can Pass Unitas on Sunday Night
- Mark Sanchez Confident He'll Remain Jets Starting QB
- What To Look For -- Week 5
- Canadian Bettor Bags $725,274 from Seahawks Controversial Win
- Packers Coach Mike McCarthy Contacts Replacement Referee
Copyright © 2012 iHaveNet