Titans Stick with Coach Mike Munchak, Fire GM Mike Reinfeldt
Tennessee Titans team owner Bud Adams has retained the services of head coach Mike Munchak for the 2013 season, believing he's the right guy to get the job done.
"I think Mike can get us there," Adams said. "We played some pretty good football this year but in other games we did not. I think Mike has the right people in there working with him. He is going to get the job done."
"He has two more years to go on his contract but I think we'd be better off without him," Adams said. "I don't think he was getting the job done. Mike Reinfeldt is out."
Munchak, who has two years left on his contract, has led the Titans to a 15-17 record in his two seasons with the team. Tennessee went 9-7 in his first season but missed the playoffs.
This season, the Titans started the season 1-4 but recovered to finish with a 6-10 mark, capping the year with a 39-20 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars that secured Munchak's job.
"The way we played yesterday is an indication of the way we can play. I believe Mike Munchak can get the job done," said Adams.
Adams has given Munchak the authority to overhaul his coaching staff if needed. "That's up to him (Munchak) but I think we'll have some changes," Adams said.
Adams also announced that senior executive vice president Mike Reinfeldt has been dismissed.
With Reinfeldt's dismissal, first-year general manager Ruston Webster is expected to gain more control over personnel matters.
- Tom Brady Says Patriots Can Adjust Minus Injured Tight End Rob Gronkowski
- Ravens Linebacker Ayanbadejo Sparks 'Word War' with Patriots
- Tom Brady and Shane Vereen Lead Patriots Back to AFC Title Game
- Matt Bryant Field Goal Lifts Falcons Over Seahawks into NFC Title Game
- Colin Kaepernick Leads 49ers Past Packers into NFC Title Game
- 'Flacco Fling' Helps Ravens Stun Broncos
- Nate Silver Picks Seahawks vs Patriots for Super Bowl XLVII
- Ex-Jets Assistant Mike Westhoff Says Tim Tebow Situation a 'Mess'
- Michael Strahan Among 15 Finalists for Pro Football Hall of Fame
- Ex-Panthers Assistant Rob Chudzinski Gets Browns Coaching Job
- Seahawks Rookie Defensive End Bruce Irvin Gets Start vs Falcons
- Mike Mularkey Out as Jaguars Coach
- Cowboys Hire Defensive Coordinator
- Eagles Interested in Notre Dame Coach Brian Kelly
- Mike Pettine Hired as Buffalo Bills Defensive Coordinator
- Chargers Name Tom Telesco New General Manager
- Ex-Falcons Personnel Director David Caldwell Named Jaguars GM
- NFL Final Eight Take Center Stage in Divisional Playoffs
- NFC Divisional Playoffs Preview: Packers at 49ers
- NFC Divisional Playoffs Preview: Seahawks at Falcons
- AFC Divisional Playoffs Preview: Ravens at Broncos
- AFC Divisional Playoffs Preview: Texans at Patriots
- Cowboys Dismiss Rob Ryan as Defensive Coordinator
- Tony Sparano Out as New York Jets Offensive Coordinator
- Robert Griffin III Suffered Partial Tear of Two Ligaments in Right Knee
- Seahawks Blast Redskins in NFC Wild-Card Game
- Boldin and Flacco Carry Ravens Past Colts in AFC Wild-Card Game
- Bills Select Syracuse's Doug Marrone as New Head Coach
- Chip Kelly to Stay with Oregon
- Aaron Rodgers Powers Packers Past Vikings in NFC Wild-Card Game
- Arian Foster Lifts Texans to AFC Wild-Card Win Over Bengals
- Post Lovie Smith, Bears Eye CFL's Marc Trestman as Head Coach
- Panthers Retain Ron Rivera as Head Coach
- Chiefs Reach Agreement with Andy Reid as Next Head Coach
- LSU Safety Eric Reid To Forego Senior Year, Enter NFL Draft
- Wild Card Weekend Preview: It's Playoff Time
- Wild Card Weekend Preview: Cincinnati Bengals at Houston Texans
- Wild Card Weekend Preview: Minnesota Vikings at Green Bay Packers
- Wild Card Weekend Preview: Indianapolis Colts at Baltimore Ravens
- Wild Card Weekend Preview: Seattle Seahawks at Washington Redskins
- NFL 'Super Season' Kicks Off
- Best NFL Playoff Performances
- What to Look For: Wild Card Weekend
- Chiefs Expected to Hire Andy Reid as Head Coach
- Kansas City Chiefs Hold First Pick in 2013 NFL Draft
- NFL 2012 Regular Season in Review
- 2012 NFL Records and Milestones
- Ravens Linebacker Ray Lewis to Retire After 17 Years
- 49ers Seek Alternative to Kicker Akers, Waive Jacobs
- Titans Stick with Coach Mike Munchak, Fire GM Mike Reinfeldt
- Chargers Dismiss Head Coach Norv Turner, GM AJ Smith
- Cardinals Fire Ken Whisenhunt, GM Rod Graves
- Bears Fire Coach Lovie Smith
- Eagles Fire Longtime Coach Andy Reid
- Jets Fire GM Mike Tannenbaum
- Rookies Carry Redskins Over Cowboys to NFC East Title
- Josh Freeman Guides Buccaneers to Upset Win Over Falcons
- Titans Set NFL Record for Touchdown Returns in Win Over Jaguars
- Jets to Dismiss Offensive Coordinator Tony Sparano
- Browns to Fire Shurmur, Heckert after Steelers Showdown
- Sean Payton Agrees to Five-Year Deal with Saints
- Jets Coach Rex Ryan Denies Report He Would Welcome Firing
Copyright © 2013 iHaveNet.com