Tim Tebow to Join Jacksonville Jaguars Next Season
Tim Tebow will have another shot at becoming a starting quarterback with the team that he spurned last March.
Sources said the Jacksonville Jaguars are expected to take Tebow into their fold after the New York Jets release the former Heisman Trophy winner.
It was reported that the Jets will trade or release Tebow after the season. But league sources said the Jets are likely to honor Tebow's request to be released and therefore become an unrestricted free agent.
Back in March, the Jaguars had a chance to land Tebow from the Denver Broncos but the quarterback instead opted to join the Jets, believing that he could have more playing time based on his conversations with coach Rex Ryan.
However, Tebow played sparingly during his time with the Jets and was even bypassed by third-string quarterback Greg McElroy when Ryan benched Mark Sanchez as a starter this week.
Now, Tebow has a better chance of become a starting quarterback next year as the Jaguars will have an open quarterback competition in 2013 and he will be part of the mix, according to team sources.
Blaine Gabbert, the Jaguars' 2011 top pick, was inconsistent as starter and landed on injured reserve this season.
Backup Chad Henne assumed the starting role but had own streak of inconsistency on a team that has been riddled by injuries.
Earlier, the Jaguars offered a fourth-round pick to Denver in March and proposed to pay $3 million to the Broncos to compensate for money that had been advanced to Tebow.
The Broncos gave Tebow his choice of teams and the former Florida quarterback decided to join the Jets.
The Jets gave up fourth- and sixth-round draft choices to Denver and received a seventh-rounder in return from the Broncos when Tebow chose New York.
The Broncos also agreed to pay the Jets $2.53 million, or about half of what had been advanced to Tebow.
The WheelHouse discusses Tim Tebow's future
- Foles Suffers Broken Hand, Michael Vick to Start Anew for Eagles
- Russell Wilson Throws Four TD Passes, Seahawks Clinch Playoff Spot
- Peyton Manning Throws Three TD Strikes, Broncos Blast Browns
- RG3 Returns, Leads Redskins to Brink of NFC East Title
- Tim Tebow to Join Jacksonville Jaguars Next Season
- Matt Ryan's Four TDs Help Falcons Clinch NFC's Top Seed
- Mark Sanchez to be Jets Number 2 QB vs. Chargers
- Quarterback Returns: Redskins to Start RGIII vs Eagles
- NFL Docks Falcons Safety Chris Hope $30K Fine for Hard Hit
- NFL Fines Niners Safety Dashon Goldson $21K for Illegal Hit
- Tim Tebow Did a Good Job, Says Jets Offensive Coordinator
- Bills Stay in Buffalo with 10-year Lease Deal
- Colts Eye Christmas Eve Return for Coach Chuck Pagano
- Drew Brees Expects Sean Payton to Continue Coaching Saints
- Bills Center Eric Wood Despises Rogers Centre Series
- Former Ohio State Back Maurice Clarett a Changed Man
- Giants' Victor Cruz Pays Tribue to Newtown Casulty's Memory
- NFL Teams Prepare For Final Stretch
- NFL 2012 Week 16 Preview: Giants vs Raven
- NFL 2012 Week 16 Preview: Bengals vs Steelers
- NFC Playoff Picture with Two Weeks to Go
- Momentum Key for Teams Heading to Postseason
- 2012 NFL Playoff Scenarios For Week 16
- Jets Coach Rex Ryan Benches Sanchez, McElroy to Start vs Chargers
- The Week That Was: NFL 2012 Week 15
- Robert Griffin III Overtakes Favre in NFL Jersey Sales
- Browns Rookie Rusher Frustrated Over Limited Touches vs Redskins
Copyright © 2012 iHaveNet.com