RGIII Tops NFL Jersey Sales List After Strong Sales Week
NFL 2012 Regular Season
New York, NY
Washington Redskins rookie quarterback Robert Griffin III has officially reached superstar status after topping jersey sales in the NFL, surging ahead of Denver Broncos' Peyton Manning.
RGIII jersey sales increased tremendously since the start of Holiday season shopping rush on Black Friday. The Redskins rookie quarterback also benefited from his strong performances against the Philadelphia Eagles and the Dallas Cowboys, in which he threw four TDs in each game.
Griffin III has already covered 2,497 yards with 16 TDs and four interceptions after 11 games this season, putting the Redskins in playoff contention for the first time since 2007.
Quarterbacks dominated the first six spots in jersey sales monitored from April 1 to Nov. 27. Manning assumed the top spot since joining the Broncos in the offseason. Green Bay Packers and reigning MVP quarterback Aaron Rodgers placed no.3 while New York Giants' Eli Manning landed no. 4 on the list.
Patriots' Tom Brady placed in no.5 while another rookie Indianapolis Colts Andrew Luck took the no.6 position. Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz is in no.7 and Tim Tebow becomes the first non-starting quarterback to appear on the list at no.8.
Steelers safety Troy Polamalu and 49ers Patrick Willis rounded up the top-10 of the jersey sales list.
According to the NFL, the sales figures are taken from its official online store, NFLShop.com.
Loud Mouths discuss RGIII's confidence
- With Four Games Remaining, NFL Enters Final Quarter
- Final Quarter Starts with AFC Playoffs in Sight
- 2012 NFL Playoff Scenarios for Week 14
- Bears Linebacker Urlacher Out Three Games with Hamstring Strain
- Eagles Tab Foles as Starting QB for Rest of Season
- Bob Costas Draws Criticism for Halftime Gun Control Commentary
- Police Say Belcher Legally Owned Gun Used in Murder-Suicide
- RG3 Carries Redskins Past Giants, NFC East Race Tightens
- Rookies Dazzle in Browns Win Over Raiders
- Tony Romo's Three TD Strikes Help Cowboys Down Eagles
- Andrew Luck's Last-Second Scoring Strike Lifts Colts Past Lions
- Ravens Linebacker Ray Lewis to Return December 16 vs Broncos
- Bryant's Crucial Field Goals Lift Falcons Over Saints
- Former LSU Star Tyrann Mathieu Enters 2013 NFL Draft
- RGIII Tops NFL Jersey Sales List After Strong Sales Week
- Playoff Races Intensify as NFL Enters Final Month
- NFL 2012 Week 13 Preview: Seahawks vs Bears
- Atlanta Falcons Host the New Orleans Saints
- Eagles QB Michael Vick to Wear Special Skull Cap
- AFC Playoff Picture Taking Shape
- NFC Playoff Races in Full Swing
- Sacked: Eagles Release Defensive End Jason Babin
- Jets Superfan 'Fireman Ed' Retires from Role
- Cam Newton Stars as Panthers Ground Eagles
- Eli Manning Throws Three Scoring Strikes as Giants Crush Packers
- Trent Richardson Carries Browns Over Steelers
- Tom Brady Leads Patriots to Easy Win over Jets
- Jets Quarterback Tim Tebow Playing with Fractured Ribs
- RG3 throws Four Scoring Strikes, Redskins Topple Cowboys
- Graham OT Field Goal Helps Texans Escape Lions
- Giants Safety Kenny Phillips Wins Appeal on Fine
- NFL to Revise In-Season Part of Challenge Rule
- Balance on Offense Leads to Success for Texans
- Peyton Manning Finding Comfort in Denver
- Ex-Bears Great Mike Ditka Calls Minor Stroke 'No Big Deal'
- NFL Retirement Board Claims Sport Caused Brain Injuries of 3 Players
- Glazer's Edge: Give Tebow a shot
- Boomer Esiason 'Not a Fan' of Tim Tebow
- Blame NFL for QB concussions
- Roger Goodell Says Football will Evolve
- The End of Football as We Know It?
Copyright © 2012 AHN - All Rights Reserved