Drew Brees Expects Sean Payton to Continue Coaching Saints
New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees expressed confidence that coach Sean Payton will return in 2013.
There was speculation a few weeks ago after Payton's contract extension with the Saints was voided that he was trying to get out of his deal to go to the Cowboys.
That's if Dallas let go of coach Jason Garrett. But with surging Dallas in a three-way tie for first place in the NFC East and needing to win out to win the division, it appears Garrett will stay.
"It seems like there's been enough going on here for us to focus on and really try not to think about that. I'm very confident that Sean will be back here in New Orleans," said Brees.
Garrett said he's ignored the Payton rumors because his focus remains on the Cowboys.
Payton is suspended because of his role in the Saints' bounty scandal. An NFL investigation found the New Orleans Saints had a bounty system that rewarded 22 to 27 players for hard hits and for injuring opposing players.
Minus their coach, the Saints started 0-4. But New Orleans regrouped to win three straight in the middle of the season to improve to 5-5.
Brees has had one of his toughest seasons because he not only leads the league in passing yards (4,335) but is tied for the league lead in interceptions (18), as well. Brees said he's missed Payton's ability to communicate with the team.
Drew Brees Is A Cowboys Fan?
- Foles Suffers Broken Hand, Michael Vick to Start Anew for Eagles
- Russell Wilson Throws Four TD Passes, Seahawks Clinch Playoff Spot
- Peyton Manning Throws Three TD Strikes, Broncos Blast Browns
- RG3 Returns, Leads Redskins to Brink of NFC East Title
- Tim Tebow to Join Jacksonville Jaguars Next Season
- Matt Ryan's Four TDs Help Falcons Clinch NFC's Top Seed
- Mark Sanchez to be Jets Number 2 QB vs. Chargers
- Quarterback Returns: Redskins to Start RGIII vs Eagles
- NFL Docks Falcons Safety Chris Hope $30K Fine for Hard Hit
- NFL Fines Niners Safety Dashon Goldson $21K for Illegal Hit
- Tim Tebow Did a Good Job, Says Jets Offensive Coordinator
- Bills Stay in Buffalo with 10-year Lease Deal
- Colts Eye Christmas Eve Return for Coach Chuck Pagano
- Drew Brees Expects Sean Payton to Continue Coaching Saints
- Bills Center Eric Wood Despises Rogers Centre Series
- Former Ohio State Back Maurice Clarett a Changed Man
- Giants' Victor Cruz Pays Tribue to Newtown Casulty's Memory
- NFL Teams Prepare For Final Stretch
- NFL 2012 Week 16 Preview: Giants vs Raven
- NFL 2012 Week 16 Preview: Bengals vs Steelers
- NFC Playoff Picture with Two Weeks to Go
- Momentum Key for Teams Heading to Postseason
- 2012 NFL Playoff Scenarios For Week 16
- Jets Coach Rex Ryan Benches Sanchez, McElroy to Start vs Chargers
- The Week That Was: NFL 2012 Week 15
- Robert Griffin III Overtakes Favre in NFL Jersey Sales
- Browns Rookie Rusher Frustrated Over Limited Touches vs Redskins
- Chris Johnson, Jake Locker Star as Titans Dash Jets Playoff Hopes
- Redskins' Fletcher Claims Browns Security Assaulted Family Members
- Seahawks Coach Carroll Sorry About Fake Punt vs Bills
Copyright © 2012 iHaveNet.com