Bills Stay in Buffalo with 10-year Lease Deal
The Buffalo Bills agreed to a 10-year lease on Ralph Wilson Stadium with a hefty relocation penalty.
The franchise would have to pay a $400 million if they leave before the seventh year of the lease, whereafter they could pull out with only a $29 million penalty.
The penalty provision is meant to keep the Bills from delivering an economic and psychological blow to Western New York by shipping out to another city.
The agreement also stated that $130 million will be spent on renovating the stadium. Of that, the Bills will kick in $35 million, with the state and county sharing the remaining $95 million.
Officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the deal would be announced at an 11 a.m. press conference at Ralph Wilson Stadium.
Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo was scheduled to attend but was unable to fly from Albany because of weather conditions. County Executive Mark Poloncarz and Buffalo Bills executives will be at the press conference and Cuomo will be on a satellite hookup, officials said.
Cuomo said that keeping the team in Buffalo was a top priority for his administration, and he personally became involved in the negotiations in recent months.
- Foles Suffers Broken Hand, Michael Vick to Start Anew for Eagles
- Russell Wilson Throws Four TD Passes, Seahawks Clinch Playoff Spot
- Peyton Manning Throws Three TD Strikes, Broncos Blast Browns
- RG3 Returns, Leads Redskins to Brink of NFC East Title
- Tim Tebow to Join Jacksonville Jaguars Next Season
- Matt Ryan's Four TDs Help Falcons Clinch NFC's Top Seed
- Mark Sanchez to be Jets Number 2 QB vs. Chargers
- Quarterback Returns: Redskins to Start RGIII vs Eagles
- NFL Docks Falcons Safety Chris Hope $30K Fine for Hard Hit
- NFL Fines Niners Safety Dashon Goldson $21K for Illegal Hit
- Tim Tebow Did a Good Job, Says Jets Offensive Coordinator
- Bills Stay in Buffalo with 10-year Lease Deal
- Colts Eye Christmas Eve Return for Coach Chuck Pagano
- Drew Brees Expects Sean Payton to Continue Coaching Saints
- Bills Center Eric Wood Despises Rogers Centre Series
- Former Ohio State Back Maurice Clarett a Changed Man
- Giants' Victor Cruz Pays Tribue to Newtown Casulty's Memory
- NFL Teams Prepare For Final Stretch
- NFL 2012 Week 16 Preview: Giants vs Raven
- NFL 2012 Week 16 Preview: Bengals vs Steelers
- NFC Playoff Picture with Two Weeks to Go
- Momentum Key for Teams Heading to Postseason
- 2012 NFL Playoff Scenarios For Week 16
- Jets Coach Rex Ryan Benches Sanchez, McElroy to Start vs Chargers
- The Week That Was: NFL 2012 Week 15
- Robert Griffin III Overtakes Favre in NFL Jersey Sales
- Browns Rookie Rusher Frustrated Over Limited Touches vs Redskins
- Chris Johnson, Jake Locker Star as Titans Dash Jets Playoff Hopes
- Redskins' Fletcher Claims Browns Security Assaulted Family Members
- Seahawks Coach Carroll Sorry About Fake Punt vs Bills
Copyright © 2012 iHaveNet.com