Bears Urlacher to Return Against Colts
Chicago Bears middle linebacker Brian Urlacher confirmed that he will play in their regular-season opener against the Indianapolis Colts Sunday.
Urlacher will be taking the field less than one month after undergoing arthroscopic clean-up procedure in his left knee.
"I'm playing Sunday. That's a done deal," Urlacher told WFLD-Channel 32's "The Final Word", admitting that his left knee "isn't the same anymore and will never be the same".
Urlacher missed offseason practice and bulk of training camp due to his injured knee. He underwent an arthroscopic clean-up procedure Aug. 14 after spraining his medial collateral and posterior cruticate ligaments in his left knee during the 2011 regular-season finale.
Before undergoing surgery, it was reported that Urlacher traveled overseas seeking treatment that didn't involve surgery for his injured knee.
"The left knee feels much better now," Urlacher said. "I have been running around quite a bit, not with the team in practice, I have been taking it really slow like Coach Smith said we would. Everything they are going to let me do, I'll do.
"There is going to be some restrictions on what I can do because they don't want to overwork me too early. It's a long season. There will be some restrictions but there won't be restrictions in the game on Sunday."
Urlacher shrugged off suggestions to rest the knee an extra week and make his comeback when the Bears face the Green Bay Packers on Sept. 13.
"I don't see why (I would wait)," Urlacher said. "We have a day off Monday before the Packers game and our practices before that game will be quick anyway. There is not a whole lot that is going to happen. We already have our game plan in, I think.
"Because we play Green Bay twice a year, we know what they're doing, they know what we're doing. There shouldn't be a whole lot of game-planning going on."
An eight-time Pro Bowler, Urlacher was selected by the Bears in the first round of the 2000 NFL draft. Since then, the 34-year-old linebacker has missed a total of 24 regular season games, but none since 2009.
- Forbes Magazine Values Dallas Cowboys at $2.1B
- NFL 2012 Week 1: Giants vs Cowboys Preview
- Dolphins Release Veteran QB David Garrard
- NFL 2012 Week 1 Preview - Back to Football!
- NFL 2012 Quarterback Update
- AFC QBs Take to Primetime on Kickoff Weekend
- NFC East Rivals Meet in Wednesday Night Kickoff
- Bears Urlacher to Return Against Colts
- NFC East Preview
- NFC West Preview
- NFC South Preview
- NFC North Preview
- Dolphins Acquire Wideout Anthony Armstrong Off Waivers
- Running Back Jones-Drew Ends Holdout, Reports to Jaguars
- Patriots Acquire Receiver Greg Salas from Rams
- Replacements Ready: Talks Between NFL and Refs Collapse
- Super Bowl Champions Giants Not Among Those Favored to Win
- AFC East Preview
- AFC South Preview
- AFC West Preview
- AFC North Preview
- Jaguars Not Trading Running Back Jones-Drew
- Giants Linebacker Kiwanuka Gets Back at Cowboys Owner Jones
- NFL Players Union: Replacement Refs Jeopardize Safety
- Patriots Tight End Aaron Hernandez Agrees to Five-Year Extension
- Time's Up for T.O. - Seahawks Cut Veteran Wideout
- Big Ben Chimes In: Roethlisberger Blames FieldTurf for DeCastro's injury
- Giants and Cowboys Kick Off NFL 2012 Season
- Giants Rising
- The Empire State Strikes Back
- Patriots Look to Continue Winning Tradition
- NFL 2012 Kickoff Weekend Streaks
- NFL 2012 Strength of Schedule
- What To Look for in 2012
- Quarterback Success
- Pack Man: MVP Aaron Rodgers Leads Packers
- Eli Manning: Elite Quarterback
- Tom Brady: Tom Terrific
- Peyton Manning: Pey Day
- Cool Brees: Saints QB Drew Brees
- Young Quarterbacks on The Rise
- Running Backs: Good Things Come in Pairs
- Double Trouble Running Backs!
- Top Superlative? Run the Ball!
- Steven Jackson: Action Jackson
- Darren Sproles: Mister Versatility
- Devin Hester: Thank Devin
- NFL Tight Ends On The Rise
- Charles Woodson: Charles In Charge
- Rookies Excelled in 2011
- NFL Receivers Making a Splash
- Many Happy Kickoff Returns
- Big Play Excitement
- Clutch Performering Quarterbacks
- On Target Receivers
- Yards After The Catch
- Receivers Moving The Chains
- NFL Rules: A Constant Evolution
- New NFL Rules for 2012
- Modified Sudden Death Overtime
- NFL 2012 Headline Games
- NFL Player Offseason Moves: Same Faces, New Places
- New Orleans Hosts Its 10th Super Bowl
- Total Miles to Travel in 2012
- The NFL on TV in 2012
- NFL On The Go and Online in 2012
- NFL Anniversaries
- The 1932 NFL Indoor Championship
- 1967 NFL Championship: The 'Ice Bowl'
- The 'Immaculate Reception'
- 1972 Dolphins: The Perfect Season
- Pro Football is America's Favorite Sport By Far
- Top-Selling NFL Player Jerseys
- NFL Ratchets Up The Excitement
- The NFL is So Unpredictable
- From Worst to First in the NFL
- NFL Division Titles Up for Grabs
- Exciting Comebacks Highlighted NFL 2011 Season
- NFL Overtime Excitement
- Sustained Success
- Best NFL Records: Past 10 Years
- Football's Popularity in High School Keeps Growings
- Andrew Luck Throws 2 TD Passes in Pre-Season Debut
- Brian Urlacher: I'll Be Ready For Season Opener vs Colts
- Cowboys Not Interested in Plaxico Burress
- Justin Tuck Sacks Clay Matthews Comments
- Still Fighting: Jousting Jets Draw Coach Rex Ryan's Ire
- Tom Brady Leading Patriots by Example
Copyright © 2012 iHaveNet