Browns Rookie Rusher Frustrated Over Limited Touches vs Redskins
Cleveland Browns rookie running back Trent Richardson voiced out his frustrations over coach Pat Shurmur's decision to limit his touches in the second half of their 38-21 loss to the Washington Redskins Sunday.
With Shurmur using the run-first attack against the Redskins in the first half, Richardson had two touchdowns to break Hall of Famer Jim Brown's record for rushing touchdowns by a rookie and give the Browns a 14-10 lead.
However, Shurmur decided to put the effective play in the backburner and put everything on quarterback Brandon Weeden in the second half, where they were overwhelmed by the Redskins' offense.
"We [were] ready for the game," Richardson told the Cleveland Plain-Dealer. "I think we've just got a game plan, and the game plan we had at the beginning of the game, I think we should've stuck with it. But we didn't stick with the game plan, and we tried to go do some other stuff, and the outcome came in a different way."
Richardson only had two carries in the second half, which he called "shocking".
"It's shocking," Richardson said. "But, like I said, the game's much bigger than me. I've got to let coach do what he does."
During that game, Richardson opened the first quarter with a six-yard scoring run to break a first-place tie with Brown, who had nine rushing touchdowns in his rookie season in 1957.
In the second quarter, Richardson delivered his 11th touchdown of the season, breaking a three-way tie with Brown and Eric Metcalf for the most combined touchdowns by a Browns rookie.
Both Brown and Metcalf had 10 touchdowns in their rookie seasons with the Browns.
- Foles Suffers Broken Hand, Michael Vick to Start Anew for Eagles
- Russell Wilson Throws Four TD Passes, Seahawks Clinch Playoff Spot
- Peyton Manning Throws Three TD Strikes, Broncos Blast Browns
- RG3 Returns, Leads Redskins to Brink of NFC East Title
- Tim Tebow to Join Jacksonville Jaguars Next Season
- Matt Ryan's Four TDs Help Falcons Clinch NFC's Top Seed
- Mark Sanchez to be Jets Number 2 QB vs. Chargers
- Quarterback Returns: Redskins to Start RGIII vs Eagles
- NFL Docks Falcons Safety Chris Hope $30K Fine for Hard Hit
- NFL Fines Niners Safety Dashon Goldson $21K for Illegal Hit
- Tim Tebow Did a Good Job, Says Jets Offensive Coordinator
- Bills Stay in Buffalo with 10-year Lease Deal
- Colts Eye Christmas Eve Return for Coach Chuck Pagano
- Drew Brees Expects Sean Payton to Continue Coaching Saints
- Bills Center Eric Wood Despises Rogers Centre Series
- Former Ohio State Back Maurice Clarett a Changed Man
- Giants' Victor Cruz Pays Tribue to Newtown Casulty's Memory
- NFL Teams Prepare For Final Stretch
- NFL 2012 Week 16 Preview: Giants vs Raven
- NFL 2012 Week 16 Preview: Bengals vs Steelers
- NFC Playoff Picture with Two Weeks to Go
- Momentum Key for Teams Heading to Postseason
- 2012 NFL Playoff Scenarios For Week 16
- Jets Coach Rex Ryan Benches Sanchez, McElroy to Start vs Chargers
- The Week That Was: NFL 2012 Week 15
- Robert Griffin III Overtakes Favre in NFL Jersey Sales
- Browns Rookie Rusher Frustrated Over Limited Touches vs Redskins
- Chris Johnson, Jake Locker Star as Titans Dash Jets Playoff Hopes
- Redskins' Fletcher Claims Browns Security Assaulted Family Members
- Seahawks Coach Carroll Sorry About Fake Punt vs Bills
- Colin Kaepernick Outplays Tom Brady as 49ers Book Playoff Berth
- Kirk Cousins Shines in First QB Start as Redskins Blast Browns
- Andy Dalton Shines as Bengals Beat Eagles
- Playoff Races Heat Up as 24 Teams in Contention for Trip to Super Bowl XLVII
- AFC Playoff Push Intensifies
- NFC Playoff Races Intensify as NFL Enters Final Three Weeks
- NFL 2012 Week 15 Preview: Packers vs Bears
- NFL 2012 Week 15 Preview: Broncos vs Ravens
- NFL 2012 Week 15 Preview: 49ers vs Patriots
- Giants Back Ahmad Bradshaw Uncertain vs Falcons Due to Knee Woes
- Steelers Suspend RB Rashard Mendenhall for Absence
- Suspended Saints Coach Sean Payton May Return Before Super Bowl
- Tagliabue Overturns Ban on Players Involved in Saints Bounty Scandal
- 49ers Suspend Brandon Jacobs for Remainder of Season
- Tom Brady Throws Four Scoring Strikes as Patriots Rout Texans
- Ravens Can Coordinator Cam Cameron, Promote Jim Caldwell
- Cowboys Owner, Tackle Ratliff Have Heated Confrontation
- Linebacker's Death Puts Spotlight on NFL Drug, Alcohol Problem
- Packers Tame Lions, Close in on NFC North Title
- Rookies Propel Browns to Rout of Chiefs
- Cam Newton Carries Panthers to Upset Win Over Falcons
- Cowboys Brent Charged with Manslaughter in Teammate Jerry Brown's death
- Browns Special Teamers Reject Plan to Eliminate Kickoff
- Cardinals Deck Dockett with $200,000 Fine
Copyright © 2012 iHaveNet.com