Redskins' Fletcher Claims Browns Security Assaulted Family Members
Washington Redskins linebacker London Fletcher has accused Browns stadium security personnel of assaulting members of his family, calling the incident "disheartening" because he grew up in Cleveland.
The 37-year old Fletcher said he did not rule out taking legal action against security personnel involved, adding that his family "would like to see something done."
In an interview with the NFL Network, Fletcher said his 57-year-old aunt Evette Robinson was hospitalized for "neck injuries" and claimed that his 13-year-old cousin was punched before the game.
Fletcher also confirmed reports that three of his family members have been arrested as a result of the confrontations, which occurred both before and during Washington's 38-21 win over Cleveland.
He said Robinson has been released from the hospital and that his three family members remain in jail, although no charges have been filed.
"I'm from Cleveland, I know Browns fans. They're rabid fans, and they love their team," Fletcher said. "But I guess in the stadium, (my family members) were being harassed. The situation that led to people being arrested was stadium security."
Fletcher said stadium security escalated the situation by assaulting one of his family members. "It wasn't the fans that they had the altercation with in the stadium. It was Browns stadium security," he added.
A Browns spokesperson told ESPN.com that the team is still investigating the incident.
"We are still in the process of collecting all of the information regarding the incident from the various security groups who work the games, including Cleveland Police and Tenable," the spokesperson said.
Even before they enter the stadium, Fletcher said that his family members were confronted by Browns fans in the parking lot.
"It's my understanding from the moment they got out of their car, they were harassed by Browns fans and things like that -- even all the way up into the stadium," Fletcher said. "I had a 13-year-old cousin who was hit in the face prior to the game."
"It put a major damper on my return going home to play in the city that I love," he said. "I grew up loving the Cleveland Browns and love the city of Cleveland. I'm not happy about what happened, because it put a damper on my return in what was otherwise a great day for us."
Fletcher, Washington's leading tackler, tallied seven tackles in Sunday's victory, which pushed the surging Redskins (8-6) into a three-way tie atop the NFC East.
- Foles Suffers Broken Hand, Michael Vick to Start Anew for Eagles
- Russell Wilson Throws Four TD Passes, Seahawks Clinch Playoff Spot
- Peyton Manning Throws Three TD Strikes, Broncos Blast Browns
- RG3 Returns, Leads Redskins to Brink of NFC East Title
- Tim Tebow to Join Jacksonville Jaguars Next Season
- Matt Ryan's Four TDs Help Falcons Clinch NFC's Top Seed
- Mark Sanchez to be Jets Number 2 QB vs. Chargers
- Quarterback Returns: Redskins to Start RGIII vs Eagles
- NFL Docks Falcons Safety Chris Hope $30K Fine for Hard Hit
- NFL Fines Niners Safety Dashon Goldson $21K for Illegal Hit
- Tim Tebow Did a Good Job, Says Jets Offensive Coordinator
- Bills Stay in Buffalo with 10-year Lease Deal
- Colts Eye Christmas Eve Return for Coach Chuck Pagano
- Drew Brees Expects Sean Payton to Continue Coaching Saints
- Bills Center Eric Wood Despises Rogers Centre Series
- Former Ohio State Back Maurice Clarett a Changed Man
- Giants' Victor Cruz Pays Tribue to Newtown Casulty's Memory
- NFL Teams Prepare For Final Stretch
- NFL 2012 Week 16 Preview: Giants vs Raven
- NFL 2012 Week 16 Preview: Bengals vs Steelers
- NFC Playoff Picture with Two Weeks to Go
- Momentum Key for Teams Heading to Postseason
- 2012 NFL Playoff Scenarios For Week 16
- Jets Coach Rex Ryan Benches Sanchez, McElroy to Start vs Chargers
- The Week That Was: NFL 2012 Week 15
- Robert Griffin III Overtakes Favre in NFL Jersey Sales
- Browns Rookie Rusher Frustrated Over Limited Touches vs Redskins
- Chris Johnson, Jake Locker Star as Titans Dash Jets Playoff Hopes
- Redskins' Fletcher Claims Browns Security Assaulted Family Members
- Seahawks Coach Carroll Sorry About Fake Punt vs Bills
- Colin Kaepernick Outplays Tom Brady as 49ers Book Playoff Berth
- Kirk Cousins Shines in First QB Start as Redskins Blast Browns
- Andy Dalton Shines as Bengals Beat Eagles
- Playoff Races Heat Up as 24 Teams in Contention for Trip to Super Bowl XLVII
- AFC Playoff Push Intensifies
- NFC Playoff Races Intensify as NFL Enters Final Three Weeks
- NFL 2012 Week 15 Preview: Packers vs Bears
- NFL 2012 Week 15 Preview: Broncos vs Ravens
- NFL 2012 Week 15 Preview: 49ers vs Patriots
- Giants Back Ahmad Bradshaw Uncertain vs Falcons Due to Knee Woes
- Steelers Suspend RB Rashard Mendenhall for Absence
- Suspended Saints Coach Sean Payton May Return Before Super Bowl
- Tagliabue Overturns Ban on Players Involved in Saints Bounty Scandal
- 49ers Suspend Brandon Jacobs for Remainder of Season
- Tom Brady Throws Four Scoring Strikes as Patriots Rout Texans
- Ravens Can Coordinator Cam Cameron, Promote Jim Caldwell
- Cowboys Owner, Tackle Ratliff Have Heated Confrontation
- Linebacker's Death Puts Spotlight on NFL Drug, Alcohol Problem
- Packers Tame Lions, Close in on NFC North Title
- Rookies Propel Browns to Rout of Chiefs
- Cam Newton Carries Panthers to Upset Win Over Falcons
- Cowboys Brent Charged with Manslaughter in Teammate Jerry Brown's death
- Browns Special Teamers Reject Plan to Eliminate Kickoff
- Cardinals Deck Dockett with $200,000 Fine
Copyright © 2012 iHaveNet.com