Ailing Giants: Nicks and Phillips doubtful against Saints
Peyton Manning tossed for 310 yards and a touchdown and running back Knowshon Moreno rushed for another as the Denver Broncos defeated the Oakland Raiders, 26-13, for their eighth straight win Thursday at O.co Coliseum.
With the victory, the Broncos improved to 10-3 and 5-0 against the AFC West.
Manning completed 26 of 36 passes and surpassed the 300-yard mark for the 70th time in his career, extending his own NFL record. He also accomplished the feat seven times this season.
Earlier, Manning became the fastest player in NFL history to reach 5,000 completions, reaching the mark in his 221st career game - 18 fewer than Brett Favre.
Moreno also surpassed the 100-yard rushing mark for the first time this season, finishing with 119 yards on a career-high 32 carries. It marked the third time in his career that he ran for 100 yards in a game. He also added four catches for 48 yards.
Matt Prater buried four field goals and wide receiver Eric Decker tallied 88 yards on eight catches for the Broncos (10-3), who grabbed a half-game lead over the New England Patriots and Baltimore Ravens for the second-best record in the AFC.
The Broncos and the Ravens clash next week for a first-round playoff bye.
Carson Palmer hit 19 of 30 passes for 273 yards and two touchdowns for the Raiders, who slipped to 4-10 after losing their sixth straight game.
Denver's offense and defense both got off to strong starts to give the Broncos a 13-0 lead.
The Broncos got into the end zone on their first drive of the game when Manning found tight end Joel Dreessen for a six-yard touchdown pass to cap a 10-play, 68-yard scoring drive.
Then, Denver's defense forced Oakland into a three-and-out and an interception on the Raiders' first two possessions and the Broncos converted those stops into a pair of Prater field goals.
The Raiders got on the board in the second quarter with a 6-yard touchdown pass from Palmer to running back Darren McFadden to cut the Broncos' lead to 13-7 at the half.
However, the Broncos scored 13 unanswered points in the third quarter, including two more Prater field goals and a one-yard touchdown run by Moreno.
Palmer connected with wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey for a 56-yard touchdown for the game's final score.
Loud Mouths discuss the Giants game aginst the Saints
- 49ers Suspend Brandon Jacobs for Remainder of Season
- Tom Brady Throws Four Scoring Strikes as Patriots Rout Texans
- Ravens Can Coordinator Cam Cameron, Promote Jim Caldwell
- Cowboys Owner, Tackle Ratliff Have Heated Confrontation
- Linebacker's Death Puts Spotlight on NFL Drug, Alcohol Problem
- Packers Tame Lions, Close in on NFC North Title
- Rookies Propel Browns to Rout of Chiefs
- Cam Newton Carries Panthers to Upset Win Over Falcons
- Cowboys Brent Charged with Manslaughter in Teammate Jerry Brown's death
- Browns Special Teamers Reject Plan to Eliminate Kickoff
- Cardinals Deck Dockett with $200,000 Fine
- Ailing Giants: Nicks and Phillips doubtful against Saints
- Chiefs Running Back Hillis Shrugs Off Comment by Ex-Browns Teammate
- Manning and Moreno Lead Broncos to Eighth Straight Victory
- Vikings Greenway Backtracks After Calling for 'Super-Duper Drunk' Fans
- Quarterback for Now: Sanchez to Start for Jets vs Jaguars
- Injured Linebacker Suggs Game-Time Decision for Ravens
- With Four Games Remaining, NFL Enters Final Quarter
- Final Quarter Starts with AFC Playoffs in Sight
- 2012 NFL Playoff Scenarios for Week 14
- Bears Linebacker Urlacher Out Three Games with Hamstring Strain
- Eagles Tab Foles as Starting QB for Rest of Season
- Bob Costas Draws Criticism for Halftime Gun Control Commentary
- Police Say Belcher Legally Owned Gun Used in Murder-Suicide
- RG3 Carries Redskins Past Giants, NFC East Race Tightens
- Rookies Dazzle in Browns Win Over Raiders
- Tony Romo's Three TD Strikes Help Cowboys Down Eagles
- Andrew Luck's Last-Second Scoring Strike Lifts Colts Past Lions
- Ravens Linebacker Ray Lewis to Return December 16 vs Broncos
- Bryant's Crucial Field Goals Lift Falcons Over Saints
- Former LSU Star Tyrann Mathieu Enters 2013 NFL Draft
- RGIII Tops NFL Jersey Sales List After Strong Sales Week
- Playoff Races Intensify as NFL Enters Final Month
- NFL 2012 Week 13 Preview: Seahawks vs Bears
- Atlanta Falcons Host the New Orleans Saints
- Eagles QB Michael Vick to Wear Special Skull Cap
- AFC Playoff Picture Taking Shape
- NFC Playoff Races in Full Swing
- Sacked: Eagles Release Defensive End Jason Babin
- Jets Superfan 'Fireman Ed' Retires from Role
- Cam Newton Stars as Panthers Ground Eagles
- Eli Manning Throws Three Scoring Strikes as Giants Crush Packers
- Trent Richardson Carries Browns Over Steelers
- Tom Brady Leads Patriots to Easy Win over Jets
- Jets Quarterback Tim Tebow Playing with Fractured Ribs
- RG3 throws Four Scoring Strikes, Redskins Topple Cowboys
- Graham OT Field Goal Helps Texans Escape Lions
- Giants Safety Kenny Phillips Wins Appeal on Fine
- NFL to Revise In-Season Part of Challenge Rule
- Balance on Offense Leads to Success for Texans
- Peyton Manning Finding Comfort in Denver
- Ex-Bears Great Mike Ditka Calls Minor Stroke 'No Big Deal'
- NFL Retirement Board Claims Sport Caused Brain Injuries of 3 Players
- Glazer's Edge: Give Tebow a shot
- Boomer Esiason 'Not a Fan' of Tim Tebow
- Blame NFL for QB concussions
- Roger Goodell Says Football will Evolve
- The End of Football as We Know It?
Copyright © 2012 iHaveNet.com