Tom Brady Leads Patriots to Easy Win over Jets
East Rutherford, NJ
Tom Brady threw three touchdown passes to key New England Patriots' 35-point second quarter breakaway en route to an easy 49-19 victory over the New York Jets at MetLife Stadium.
Brady completed 18 of 28 heaves for 323 yards, moving past Dan Fouts for 10th place on the NFL's all-time passing list with 43,728 yards. He also went past the 3,000-yard passing mark for the 10th time in his career.
Brady also rushed for a touchdown in the fourth quarter as the Patriots (8-3) clinched their fifth straight triumph and gifted coach Bill Belichick his 200th coaching win.
The victory also assured that the Patriots will finish the season with a record of .500 or better for the 12th consecutive year.
After a scoreless first, the Patriots exploded for 35 points in the second quarter, tying a franchise record they first accomplished against the Tennessee Titans in 2009.
"That's a great football team. Like I said, they don't need any help," Jets head coach Rex Ryan said after his team lost for the fourth time in five games to slip to 4-7. "And when you don't protect the football.35 points in a quarter is ridiculous."
Mark Sanchez finished 26-for-36 passing for 301 yards, a touchdown and an interception, Shonn Greene led the Jets with 71 rushing yards on 14 carries while Jeremy Kerley had 86 yards on seven receptions for the Jets.
Sanchez also accounted for two of the Jets' five turnovers that resulted to two touchdowns by the Patriots.
"We have some games coming up where we really have to eliminate some of this self-inflicted stuff," said Sanchez. "If we do that, we take care of the football, myself included, we really have a chance at this thing".
Brady waxed hot in the second period, throwing scoring heaves to Wes Welker and Shane Vereen for before Steve Gregory and Julian Edelman returned two Jets' fumbles for touchdowns.
Edelman then caught Brady's third touchdown pass from 56 yards to give the Patriots a 35-0 lead before the Jets stopped the bleeding with a 32-yard field goal by Nick Folk.
Rex Ryan discusses the Jets awful performance
- Eli Manning Throws Three Scoring Strikes as Giants Crush Packers
- Trent Richardson Carries Browns Over Steelers
- Tom Brady Leads Patriots to Easy Win over Jets
- Jets Quarterback Tim Tebow Playing with Fractured Ribs
- RG3 throws Four Scoring Strikes, Redskins Topple Cowboys
- Graham OT Field Goal Helps Texans Escape Lions
- Giants Safety Kenny Phillips Wins Appeal on Fine
- NFL to Revise In-Season Part of Challenge Rule
- NFL 2012 Week 12 Kicks Off With Thanksgiving Tripleheader
- Balance on Offense Leads to Success for Texans
- Peyton Manning Finding Comfort in Denver
- Colin Kaepernick Shines in Debut Start, Leads 49ers Over Bears
- Jacoby Jones and Justin Tucker Help Ravens Edge Steelers
- Broncos McGahee to Miss 6-8 Weeks with Leg Injury
- Patriots Tight End Rob Gronkowski Breaks Arm in Win Over Colts
- Panthers Coach Ron Rivera to Stay Until Season's End
- Ex-Bears Great Mike Ditka Calls Minor Stroke 'No Big Deal'
- NFL Retirement Board Claims Sport Caused Brain Injuries of 3 Players
- Glazer's Edge: Give Tebow a shot
- Boomer Esiason 'Not a Fan' of Tim Tebow
- Blame NFL for QB concussions
- Roger Goodell Says Football will Evolve
- The End of Football as We Know It?
- Eagles Confident in Nick Foles' Ability
Copyright © 2012 AHN - All Rights Reserved