Graham OT Field Goal Helps Texans Escape Lions
Arian Foster ran for two touchdowns, including a game-tying score, and Shayne Graham buried a 32-yarder in overtime as the Houston Texans notched their fifth straight win, taming the Detroit Lions, 34-31, Thursday at Ford Field.
Foster tallied 120 yards on 20 carries while Matt Schaub completed 29 of 49 throws for 315 yards as the Texans improved their league-best record to 10-1 in their Thanksgiving Day debut.
Wide receiver Andre Johnson had nine catches for 188 yards while defensive end J.J. Watt had three sacks for the Texans, who have equaled the franchise-record for victories in a season by clinching their second straight overtime win.
Texans running back Justin Forsett added 87 yards on five carries and a controversial 81-yard touchdown run in the third quarter.
Quarterback Matthew Stafford hit 31 of 61 passes for 441 yards but his efforts did not prevent Detroit (4-7) from sliding to their third straight loss.
Calvin Johnson had eight catches for 140 yards and a score while Joique Bell and Mikel Leshoure also ran for scores for the Lions.
In the second quarter, the Lions stormed ahead by 24-14 after a 46-yard field goal by Jason Hanson but the Texans strung up 10 straight points behind a Forsett's scoring run and a field goal by Graham to tie the count.
In the fourth, Bell pushed the Lions ahead, 31-24, after a 23-yard scoring run but it was short-lived as Foster completed a 15-play, 97-yard drive with a short touchdown run to send the game to extra time.
The Texans had a chance to capture the win in overtime but Graham missed from 51 yards with 9:43 remaining.
The Lions also blew a winning opportunity after Hanson missed from 47 yards before Graham drilled a 32-yarder for the win.
- Eli Manning Throws Three Scoring Strikes as Giants Crush Packers
- Trent Richardson Carries Browns Over Steelers
- Tom Brady Leads Patriots to Easy Win over Jets
- Jets Quarterback Tim Tebow Playing with Fractured Ribs
- RG3 throws Four Scoring Strikes, Redskins Topple Cowboys
- Graham OT Field Goal Helps Texans Escape Lions
- Giants Safety Kenny Phillips Wins Appeal on Fine
- NFL to Revise In-Season Part of Challenge Rule
- NFL 2012 Week 12 Kicks Off With Thanksgiving Tripleheader
- Balance on Offense Leads to Success for Texans
- Peyton Manning Finding Comfort in Denver
- Colin Kaepernick Shines in Debut Start, Leads 49ers Over Bears
- Jacoby Jones and Justin Tucker Help Ravens Edge Steelers
- Broncos McGahee to Miss 6-8 Weeks with Leg Injury
- Patriots Tight End Rob Gronkowski Breaks Arm in Win Over Colts
- Panthers Coach Ron Rivera to Stay Until Season's End
- Ex-Bears Great Mike Ditka Calls Minor Stroke 'No Big Deal'
- NFL Retirement Board Claims Sport Caused Brain Injuries of 3 Players
- Glazer's Edge: Give Tebow a shot
- Boomer Esiason 'Not a Fan' of Tim Tebow
- Blame NFL for QB concussions
- Roger Goodell Says Football will Evolve
- The End of Football as We Know It?
- Eagles Confident in Nick Foles' Ability
Copyright © 2012 AHN - All Rights Reserved